Rain

Rain

A Poem by CRZ

Oh Rain Oh Rain, when will we meet again

As the drops of rain fall down on my window
As the little dots of cloudburst come trickling down on the glass
I can sleep peacefully. The drops of rain is a treaty to keeps bane from going insane
Oh my God, now I may never get a nap. Is raining cats and dogs , dogs and cats.
It's smooth drizzle is washing away my problems. The stronger the rain, the stronger the freedom.
Feels like a sprinkler of alcohol being poured on open cut. My heart is open cup flooded 
                                but
Rain represents two sides.
Rain represents two sides.
                                                                                  the bad, the ugly
                                                                                  the good, the beautiful
Clouds can represent
 a town or a town full of crowns 
   Drizzle can represent
    a simmer down situation or a stressful occupation
      Lighting can represent  
        a dark place that's near or a certain spark that's here
          Water can represent
            a taste of a purity win or a sense of a obscurity sin
 
Oh Rain Oh Rain , nice to meet you again 

© 2013 CRZ


Author's Note

CRZ
"Oh Rain Oh Rain, when will we meet again"
- pronounce "again" as a-Gain

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Very unique. The rhythm is very broken - but the rain doesn't have a steady rhythm and you talk about the rain changing pace so it works. I like how you talk about the rain having two sides and then from that point everything has two meanings. The display is cool, like a cup running over. Over all, very unique. Good job.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

CRZ - you have penned some gems in this piece but the observations (e.g. Clouds can represent... a town or a town full of crowns ) I feel could have been better employed. For example, if you had noted to yourself that 'Clouds can represent a town full of crowns', which i find a unique point of view, then used that observation to write something like 'The grey town trembled beneath its black angry crown'.

As I said - you have a unique way of looking at things - and the layout is class.
HTH


Posted 10 Years Ago


Love the poem. Rain can be very soothing and welcome at times. Rain can also wash away the drought of shame.

Posted 10 Years Ago


the form of the poem really emphasizes the ever-changing patter of the rain on the ground! and yes the contradictions are so true. sometimes the rain makes me realize the beauty of the world, but other times it only seems to amplify sadness. great work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I like the way you wrote this it is quite cool! Rain is something isn't it? I have noticed were I live we have rainier years others. Still great poem though!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Well done. You captured a unique rhythm quite reminiscent of falling rain.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Brilliantly done.....a very unique piece

Posted 10 Years Ago


Rain makes the corn grow, Corn makes the liquor flow. Lord let it Rain . Old song of the south, though I have herd it in other spots too.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love the form you've used for this piece; it reminds me of how often rain goes from a drizzle to a pouring shower... Rain is one of my favorite topics and so I was naturally drawn to this poem and not at all disappointed. Love the comparisons at the end and the finale with welcome rain back again. Very well done.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I enjoy the complexity of this poem - the double-sided meaning of rain and what it represents. And, of course, the format is wonderful, how it portrays the words of the poem. What power coming from such a small message.

Posted 10 Years Ago


In reality, everything that we sense may be used as a metaphor for something or another. Poetry is much more than a catalogue of metaphors. Metaphors are an extension of language beyond the dictionary meanings that we have catalogued as words that we all hold in common.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

875 Views
45 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 8, 2013
Last Updated on October 11, 2013

Author

CRZ
CRZ

New York, NY



About
Poet & Artist Thou shall not rest until I make my whole fam rich more..

Writing
next stop next stop

A Poem by CRZ



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Downfall Downfall

A Poem by A. Amos


Blinky light Blinky light

A Poem by Angi


Single Wave Single Wave

A Poem by Jack...