Chapter 2: Sonja-Red

Chapter 2: Sonja-Red

A Chapter by Eugenio Rodriguez
"

An Exo Hunter incapable of holding new information for more than a week, experiences a memory dump every week, with only her Ghost to guide her through it.

"

“It’s happening again Ghost…” said Sonja-Red, sitting in a fetal position.

                “How much can you remember now?” said her Ghost, hovering around her and scanning her.

                “I’m a guardian...a hunter…I like…Flowers…and my name is…” She paused. “My name…” She lowered her head. “I can’t remember my name…”

                “Your name is Sonja-Red, you’re an exo, a T151B model, of French make. You fought in the battle for the Twilight gap, and you got shot in the head, which permanently damaged your hippocortex. You are are unable to create new memories.” Said Ghost, each word seemed rehearsed.

                “How long ago did this happen?” inquired Red.

                “Many centuries ago”

                “How old am I?” asked Red.

                ‘The last time I answered that…You hit me.” Replied her Ghost.

                She looked down “Am I a mean person?” she said somberly, her eyes blinked.

                “No, you are the nicest person I know” said Ghost, as he hovered closer, and turned. “This is something that happens every week, and this is the calmest I’ve seen you” he said, in a somber voice

                “Really? So…that means I’m improving…right? My condition is getting better” she asked

                “Yes Red, it’s possible you’ll be able to form new memories soon.” Ghost replied, this seemed rehearsed too. “Can you stand? Usually the process inhibits your motor capacity on the onset”

                “No…I can walk…I’m sure.” She said, as she placed on hand on the wall of a dark alleyway, and slowly pulled herself up.

                “I’m about to produce a random number of holographic orbs, you’re going to tell me how many there are” 5 lights appwared before Ghost, 1 red. 3 blue. And 1 purple.

                “There are 5 lights” said Red.

                “How many are blue” inquired Ghost

                “Three, 1 red, and 1 purple” replied Red

                “Procedural memory is intact” Ghost didn’t seem surprised

                “Is that good?” asked Red. “Did I have trouble counting before?”

                “Yes, this is the first time you have been able to successfully count, and distinguish colors!” The ghost looked away, but he sounded convincing. He then looked back at Red “We should see if you’re still capable of fighting, let’s head to the Crucible.”

                “The Crucible…it’s where Guardians fight each other right?” said Red, as she scratched her head. “For fun though…no one ever really dies…”

                “Correct, The crucible is a fun little distraction that is built upon the controlled brutal murder of the heroes defending the Traveler, for the enjoyment of regular folks sitting at home….”

                Red narrowed her eyes “You sound bitter-“

                “I’M NOT BITTER” retorted Ghost

 



© 2014 Eugenio Rodriguez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on December 2, 2014
Last Updated on December 2, 2014
Tags: Destiny, fic, exo, hunter, video games