Chapter 3: Stryker_Omega

Chapter 3: Stryker_Omega

A Chapter by Eugenio Rodriguez
"

introducing the renown Crucible champion, Stryker_Omega, what could possibly push this simpleton into a task as daring as the Vault?

"

                “Rumble…” said the calm, but stern voice of Lord Shaxx, handler, and announcer of the Crucible, an arena where guardians meet in battle. Not to the death of course. Because that would be counter intuitive. No, the purpose of the crucible is to train Guardians, in a simulation like environment. It’s gained quite a following, as many guardians like to spectate these grizzly matches. Lord Shaxx, veteran of the battle of the twilight gap, heads these matches; he promises to return to the field, once he sees the Crucible form a new generation of guardians. But when that day will come, is anybody’s guess.

 “On Alpha team, we have Dorian Kyle. This is his first Crucible tournament, but with 137 strikes on record, and numerous patrols, it’s no surprise this runt has made it to the finals…” Shaxx’s voice reverberated through the arena, as a Titan materialized in the arena, holding a blue banner; he waved to the ghosts that surrounded him, who acted as cameras for the millions of viewers watching this match.

                Dorian planted the flag into the dirt, and cracked his neck. His aura was intimidating; fur mantles adorned his black and gold armor, his eyes glew red. Upon examination, one could forget that this guardian was human.

                Another guardian emerged into the other end of the arena, donning an orange flag. Shaxx’s tone of voice changed, a faint chuckle could be heard, “And on the other side of the arena…we have the Wolf…The Strength of the Pack, Stryker-Omega” Shaxx paused, to build suspense, the sound of drums blared in, Dorian looked around, confused. “Good luck Dorian…You’re going to need it” Shaxx chimed, before the match started.

                Dorian threw his arms up in the air, “You mock me Shaxx” he shouted. “Ghost…SHOTGUN” he barked, soon enough, his weapon materialized in his hands, he gripped it tightly, and paced. “I AWAIT YOU TITAN! NOBODY MAKES A FOOL OUT OF-eugh?” Dorian’s monologue was cut short, something had struck him. He looked down, and saw the end of what appeared to be a metal pole, protruding out of his abdomen.

                Indeed, Stryker-Omega had wasted no time in taking care of his opponent. He had impaled him with his own flag. Stryker loosened his grip on the flag, and let Dorian fall the floor. “You look scary…but you ain’t scary.” Stryker whispered, as Dorian’s corpse dematerialized.

                “He’ll respawn in 5 seconds…probably where you spawned, if you hustle, you can meet him not even a second before he materializes” said Stryker’s ghost, he was a docile ghost, jarring, considering Stryker’s barbaric nature.

                “Thanks Ghost…I’m going” Stryker said as he had begun running back to his spawn. He broke into a full sprint the servomotors in his armor had started kicking, and he began to leave a trail of blue light, indicating his signature shoulder charge was fully charged.

 

Stryker_Omega’s armor was unique, in that it’s the armor of someone who exclusively participates in the Crucible. Many ornate wolves decorated his armor, these pieces he obtained through the iron banner, say for his breastplate, which was a gift from Lord Shaxx, for “making a mockery of the Iron Banner”.  Lord Shaxx did not get along with Lord Saladin, handler of the Crucible tournament “The Iron Banner” but that is a story for another time. Stryker’s ghost fabricated his greaves through the recycling of countless rare armor pieces obtained through sponsors; they were adorned with sharp blades, deadly considering the speeds Stryker has been able to reach.

                Dorian respawned, clenching his abdomen. “GHOST!? WHY didn’t you tell me he was behind me?”

                “He’s too fast…When I detected him, it was already too late”…replied Dorian’s ghost, as it flinched.  “Wait…I’m getting something…RIGHT BEHIND YOU�"“but it was too late.

                Stryker’s charge launched Dorian’s body into a wall, caving it in. “It’s a good thing you didn’t miss your train!” he exclaimed.

                “67% Middle left, 10% Alpha spawn, 23% middle right…” said Stryker’s Ghost.

                “I’m going  Alpha spawn” said Stryker

                His ghost sighed “It’s the other way around”

                “I’m going middle left” Stryker corrected.

                “ your shoulder charge should be ready by the time you reach middle left, if you can land it, go for it.” Said his Ghost.

                “What is this if? Have you forgotten?” Stryker paused, as he jumped over a hill in the middle of the arena and activated his boosters, to prolong his time in the air, just a couple seconds before Dorian respawned. The moment he did, Stryker killed his thrusters, and dropped like a rock towards the titan, the joints around his armor still emanated a blue mist, indicating his charge was still good.

                Not even seconds after Dorian rematerialized in the arena, Stryker charged, he drove his knee into Dorian’s face. Dorian planted, as Stryker landed on his feet, he wiped the blood off his knee, before saying his favorite phrase.

                “I am strong…”

 



© 2014 Eugenio Rodriguez


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
Added on December 5, 2014
Last Updated on December 5, 2014
Tags: Destiny, fic, titan, vault of glass