CH4:The Sword

CH4:The Sword

A Chapter by Connor Fish
"

Spader Souva

"

   I started at the sound of the rustling bushed next to me. A bunny came out and hopped across the road. I still held my breath. My heart did beat a thousand miles an hour. I told it to quiet down but it wouldn't listen. A second later I exhaled and continued on. I thought about what was waiting in the clearing just ahead of me. Explorers had recently discovered a sword. It was stuck in a pedistal and people were trying to pull it out. A myth was already going around about tremendous power in the sword. I didn't care. I just wanted to examine it and laugh at people's attempts to pull it free. Maybe I'll give it a tug or two but not much. I jumped ahead and reached the clearing. The sword stood up in the pedistal as people stared at it, trying to calculate how to pull it free. There were about fourteen people there. Eight of them already swordsmen.

   I waited for one man to finish trying to tug it out then walked up the stone steps to the sword. My mind filled with wonder. I was awestruck. It was so perfect. No dull edges, scratches, no flaws. Unimaginable. Ancient characters were engraved in the blade near the crossgaurd. The gaurd arched out in the hilt's direction. It seemed to be made of bronze metal with a black, leather strap over the hilt to help the wielder keep his grip. I grabbed the hild of the sword with my sweaty hands. It seemed to loosen up in the stone. I closed my eyes and tugged on it as hard as I could.



© 2009 Connor Fish


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on June 10, 2009
Last Updated on June 11, 2009


Author

Connor Fish
Connor Fish

Brighton, CO



Writing
CH2:Slinko CH2:Slinko

A Chapter by Connor Fish