CH8:Orders

CH8:Orders

A Chapter by Connor Fish
"

King Edward

"

   "Devil's Cave isn't the problem right now."

   "Then what is?" His arms flew up in anger and the sleeves to his robe dropped to the elbows.

   "There is a rift open in Aydin. We need all the wizards we can get to close it. General, send a section of your swordsmen to help kill the horrible creatures coming forth from it."

   He saluted. "Yes, sir. We will be ready to go at sunrise."

   "Hurry, then, you only have the night to get  your men ready."

   "Yes, sir." The door caefully clicked closed when he left.

   I turned my attention to the Head Wizard, who was trying to calm down and fix his brown robes. "I need you to gather up wizards that would be skilled enough to close the rift. You leave with the army tomorrow morning."

   "We don't need magicians?"

   "What good would they do? Conjure monsters to attack the rift? No, only wizards. I suggest you hurry and get ready."

   He bowed dramatically. "Yes, Your Majesty." The door almost slammed closed behind him when he left but he stopped it and shut it quietly. Smart move.

   I sat down on my dest and opened my journal. A new message. Have you sent out the forces, yet?

   I picked up my pen and dipped it in the enchanted ink on the corner of my desk. No, sir. They are schedualled to leave at sunrise.

   I put the pen in the ink bottle and waited for a reply. The words were scribbled onto the page after a minute. It has gotten bigger. I don't know if only the wizards would be able to cut the ruft anymore. We need something with more power.

   What would that be, if I may ask, Duke?

   We are looking in anchient texts now, in cases that involved a rift. Most of them are rid of by strong Wizard Light Spells. For others it just says unknown.

   Will you and the Mother look into the matters?

   I was actually hoping you would. We have reason to believe that there may be some hidden documents in Hazard that could lead to the solution.

   There is no document here that I don't know about. All the important ones are kept in my vault, but I can't even read them. They're in another language.

   Get a trusted Druid to decode them, but still watch him. You don't want him using some things for evil purposes. That could make the rift increadibly larger. We wouldn't want that.

   Then what am I to do?

   It took a second for him to reply. Read the ones with a black spine.

   Yes, sir. Then after a second I wrote, What about Spader?

   You really think he's going to pull that sword free? No one can, it's been there for thousands of years. Only the Chosen One can pull it free and he has been dead ever since his attempt to destroy the Dark King.

   Yes, sir. Good day. I drew a line under that to close the message and I closed my journal. I got up to find my bed when a knock came at the door.



© 2009 Connor Fish


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

153 Views
Added on June 11, 2009


Author

Connor Fish
Connor Fish

Brighton, CO



Writing
CH2:Slinko CH2:Slinko

A Chapter by Connor Fish