CH7:Hilt

CH7:Hilt

A Chapter by Connor Fish
"

Spader Souva

"

   "Spader? Honey, are you alright?" a woman's voice worried above me.

   The darkness that had surrounded me disappeared in a blur as I looked up to the sweet face I know and love. "Mikala. . . ." I muttered softly and smiled.

   "Shh, don't talk." I felt her brush the hair off my forehead.

   I tried to sit up but I fell back from the shock of a horrible headache. I groaned. "What happened?"

   "You hit your head pretty hard, sweety. You were knocked out here for awhile." She glanced around. "They wouldn't let me move you."

   "Who?" I asked, puzzled.

   "The people." She helped me to sit up so I could see what she was talking about. I was lying on a stone pedistal, surrounded by what seemed hundreds of people. "They are all here to see you." I felt her soft lips kiss my cheek but I hardly paid attention to that. I just stared at the crowd in awe.

   A cheer came forth once they had noticed I was up. "How did I hit my head?" I asked over the growing headache and the noise.

   "You were hit by the hilt of a sword."

   I looked to my left and saw a sword lying next to me. There was a hole in the pedistal about as wide as the blade. "How?"



© 2009 Connor Fish


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on June 11, 2009


Author

Connor Fish
Connor Fish

Brighton, CO



Writing
CH2:Slinko CH2:Slinko

A Chapter by Connor Fish