Let's Eat Cake

Let's Eat Cake

A Story by Hebe
"

!0 word contest - Dessert, painted, copper, plastic, kick, speck, consummate, documented, crow, stickler

"


I stood behind the stage, and watched the scene unfold!.  A DESSERT that was 5 stories high was being created. The chef an artist extrodinaire was sculpting his showpiece.

A dark sinister castle rose from flour dust and water, disguised in dark blue frosting.

This skyscraper cake was growing by the minute!.  His brushes and tools were flying everywhere!


I watched intently as he PAINTED viscious dragons on the moldy green COPPER towers.

Dragon breath red paint engulfed one side of the castle. A dangerous bloody moat surrounded the castle. He used PLASTIC cut-outs of evil looking witches and wicked goblins. A bubbling cauldron with half boiled toads hanging helplessly over the sculptered hard candy walls!


I got a KICK out of his enthusiasm and passion, he was a STICKLER for detail that was for sure. There wasn't a SPECK of cake that wasn't covered with chilling and creepy creatures of the underworld. A CONSUMMATE master in the baking realm!  The judges vigourously DOCUMENTED his artistic endeavor. Suddenly I saw him carve out of plastic this hideous CROW, wow! that would definitely add a dramatic finish of spin-chilling gore to this frightful gourmet delight..


Suddenly the lights went out on stage, and the audience let out screams, an eerie light hung over the cake. Smoke was coming out of the cauldron. The witches were laughing hysterically, chanting incomprehensible words. The chef seemed frozen in time, his eyes glazed-over, his hand holding the icing knife in mid air.  Panic-stricken I started running out of the building. I didn't stop till I reached the street corner, I looked around and to my horror the building had turned into the sinister blue castle cake!..... I kept running and running and never went back! 


© 2017 Hebe


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

it must be devil's food cake! lol this is really good. i enjoyed this creative, chilling tale. gives new meaning to the term 'carving station'. great job using the words. not sure if i want your baklava and spanakopita now. so much for my dinner! :)

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Lol.... oh come on Pete....just one piece of Baklava! It's real tasty :)
Thanks always for y.. read more
This was super creepy, weird and just downright strange....... I loved it! It was so creative.... The detail you used to describe the cake spot on! I could see the creepy thing quite clearly even without the picture. The cake kind of coming to life in the end with the witches and stuff that brought along an awesome twist. "This is just an ordinary thing" you'd think at first and then BAM! The lights go out, the audience screams oh and let's not forget the witches and their awesome creepiness.
Again, loved it... another masterpiece done by Hebe :) you have got to tell me how you do it!

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Hi Tashida.... Devil's food cake :) thank you, thank you!
Tashida

7 Years Ago

You are welcome, welcome :) lol
So what have we here. I'll tell ya....a really, creepy, spooky and imaginative read. I like the idea of the mad artist with his brushes and tools flying everywhere creating his crazy creation. I can actualy picture him sweating, gazing and being at one with his piece, that he doesn't even notice anybody else around - He literally is at one with his work. The perfect words have been used to describe the scene - they fit the piece as the scene gets described.

I can picture the girl too. Watching BUT at the same time you get the feeling that she didn't want to watch. The stage was set (excuse the pun) and all hell broke loose...or did it? You see, what I thought here was that she was going to wake up from a dream BUT she didn't - so that was a nice touch - keep it real.

Everything and I mean everything, was perfectly done. Imagaination overdrive with this piece and what an imagination you have. You have shown your skills by the bucket load and put this piece on display and made it come alive to the readers eye.

You knew I'd read this, so glad I it. Well worth my time.
Did i like it....No Did I love it.....HELL YEAH!!!
One thing which I thought would be good to add was when the girl turned around - maybe the artist could be following her down the street (It's just a thought, but at the same time it's not taking anything away from your WONDERFUL, BRILLIANLTY executed piece)
Kudos to you - plenty of it too.
Mark.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Hebe

7 Years Ago

Hi Mark..i knew you would read this :) thank you for your great review your right there was a couple.. read more
matrixmark

7 Years Ago

Always my pleasure reading your work. I know I'm going to be in for a treat.

Mark.read more

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

603 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 21, 2017
Last Updated on March 30, 2017

Author

Hebe
Hebe

NJ



About
My passion is dancing Argentine Tango. It takes a minute to fall in love with it and a lifetime to master it. It is elusive & addictive. It is obsessive & blissful. It can take you through a rainb.. more..

Writing
Dust to Dust Dust to Dust

A Poem by Hebe


Healthy Living Healthy Living

A Poem by Hebe


Rachel Rachel

A Story by Hebe



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


The Sketch The Sketch

A Story by Hebe


Unveiled Unveiled

A Story by Hebe


Wordless Wordless

A Poem by Hebe