Is It Written In The Stars?

Is It Written In The Stars?

A Poem by The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

                                                                                                

 

Everything has become clear

As the midnight sky,

Every star is a piece of the puzzle

 

            Each one a glimmer into my

                        Past, present or future.

 

Before hidden in the clouds of uncertainty

And the bright lights of the cities pain and misery

Now they shine brightly for infinity to see.

 

They light the way through endless

Space of hopes and dreams.

 

Some even connect to make out

The real me for caring eyes to gaze upon.

 

In the end the stars may not have written my destiny

But with so many ablaze in my minds galaxy

The options are  as endless as sky I keep my eyes fixed upon.

 

© 2008 The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Well said, I'd like you to consider revising your last sentence Dale, it is a fragment.
The options are as endless as sky I keep my eyes fixed upon...
The options are as endless as the sky my eyes are fixed upon.......suggestion.
........as the sky I feast my eyes upon........suggestion.
Beautiful thoughts here.
Helen :-)


Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

First off Dale, this is an exceptional poem! Stunning...superbly crafted...simply beauteous that it places the reader in the moment with strong visualization! My favorite lines...

Every star is a piece of the puzzle...this is brilliantly poetic in that it shows us that within in each of us there are pieces of the puzzle (a star) that can guide and bring light and hope into our lives. This leads me to my other favorite line...

They light the way through endless
Space of hopes and dreams....I love this line because it says that light...the good pieces of ourselves can lead the way...give us hope to transcend the limits of our thoughts to our most precious visions.

The options are as endless as sky I keep my eyes fixed upon. this line is phenomenal. I think is the heart of the optimism and hope in this poem. It says focus on the possibilities and to never lose sight of hope!!!

This was an exceptionally gorgeous piece that is filled with so much depth, feeling, and hope. It was extremely uplifting and refreshing like a new beginning; a rebirth. Brilliantly expressed!!! I loved it and it is going into my favorites, Cowboy! :)








Posted 15 Years Ago


Oh wow! Dale, you have outdone yourself with this one...truly beautiful with extreme depth and passion...
This line REALLY got me:
"Every star is a piece of the puzzle".....Gosh, how true!

Just lovely, my friend :)



Posted 15 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
O!
This is lovely...very hopeful....stargazing is something i got into as a kid....brings back memories :-)

x,
O!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I LOVE the last 3 stanzas!
This is so full of hope and wonder... I am glad I picked this one as my 1st one to read on my "return".

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

I LOVE the last 3 stanzas!
This is so full of hope and wonder... I am glad I picked this one as my 1st one to read on my "return".

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
emz
Very touching and warm... you have a gift of mesmerizing the reader.. i just wanted to keep reading this and didn't want it to end... Much like the eternal galaxy i wanted it to keep going on

wonderful write my friend


x

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like how your poem connects--the stars, the puzzle. This is so hopeful and dazzling. Such beauty lives in the lines. I can feel the excitement. Wonderful writing as always!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Last line: The options are as endless as sky I keep my eyes fixed upon. ---as the sky

I also think you could put "I keep my eyes fixed upon" as a last, separate line.

Nit-picking aside, this is a lovely work; I often look to the stars in amazement.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dale, this is beautiful. :) I am very fond of stars myself, so to read this take on you, and how delicate yet enduring the stars (an you) can be, this is truly a delight! I like this one alot. :)

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You've reminded me of Robert Frost this morning. The mysteries of stars is something humans have contemplated since the very beginning. But the poet, especially. I never imagined my destiny lay in the stars. It is a welcome thought.



Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

934 Views
35 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on July 25, 2008
Last Updated on July 25, 2008

Author

The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)
The Rock And Roll Cowboy(REBEL WITH A CAUSE)

It's better to be dead and cool than alive and uncool



About
Birth name: Dale Deadmond Born November 20th, 1969 Metaphorically speaking music is my BFF and poetry is my soulmate. This is my world of my favorite poets are E.A. Poe, Dylan Thomas, R.. more..

Writing