Ch.2

Ch.2

A Chapter by Decaf

"Mr. Costello, I need you to go to the recently found ghost town of New James, Mr. Costello do you hear me" said Mr. Williams.
"Yes sir, I'm just dazing out" answered Bill.
"Well snap out of it I need a report from you by the next end of next week" replied Mr. Williams.
"Ok, sir" said Bill
Bill continues to work as Mr. William left Bill’s small cubicle.  He seemed so far off and lonely. As Stevie leans over the cubical wall, he watches Bill work.

“Hey Bill, how’s that so called “amazing” girlfriend of yours,” asked Stevie as he laughed.”Man, how did a chick like her, being as fine as she is end up with a sucker like you?”

“Man, I don’t know,” Bill replies,”I guess I’m just lucky.”

“Lucky is right. I mean look at you, you have almost everything. You’re engaged to a hot chick, you’re about to get a promotion, and you’re a published poet. Just look at you, you’re depressed,” say Stevie. “Dude what’s wrong with you.”

Bill stares off into the distant as he says,” Have you ever thought that it wasn’t worth the struggle. I mean, there are so many things that happen to us but we can handle so little.” Bill sighs, as he thinks of his life. He thinks of if his life was different, how he would be happy.

Stevie slaps Bill. “Yes, I have thought about it but now you’re living the good life snap out of it,” Stevie replies. Stevie looks up at the clock and says, “Look it’s time to go, let’s go to a bar to celebrate this new project. “ They shut down their computers and go clock out.

As they walk out Bill calls his girlfriend, Kayla. The phone ring two times then she picks up. “Hello” she says.

He replies with a simple “hey baby.” His depression could be heard over the phone. He could never seem to hide it very well.

“Hey, I was just thinking of you. What’s wrong honey?” she asks. She was always there for him no matter what.

“I got a report I have to do and I’ll be leaving town for a few days. I’m leaving tomorrow.” he replies. He was hiding more than he was telling. He never really knows what was wrong.

“There must be more. I can always tell when there is more. Maybe this is just what you need a small little vacation, all by yourself” she answers.

“Yea, maybe I do. I’ll miss you though,” he says sadly,” let’s meet up real fast so we can spend time together.”

“Sure where do you want to meet at,” she says. She seemed so anxious to meet him. Wanting to see him one last time before he had to leave. Making it all seem so painful to say good bye. But what they didn’t know would hurt her even more.

“Meet me at my house at 8,” he says hiding the fact that he had something planned for her.

“Ok, baby. Hey I love you,” she says as she gives him a phone kiss.

“I love you too,” he says as he kisses her back. He hangs up smiling for a second then it’s gone the next. As if he’s depression was healed for a second, but it wasn’t enough. He didn’t feel loved at all.

As he set up the rose pelts leading into the candle lit dining room, the oven beeped. Bill placed the pelts down gentle as he ran to the oven. Taking the food out carefully, his hand touched the hot metal. He placed it on the stove, then jumping back yelling, “oh my gosh, it’s so hot!” He shakes his hand furiously to try to shake it off.

Suddenly the door bell rang; Bill ran and turned on the soothing music. Bill says, “Come in, my love.” He was smiling once again. Kayla walks in and looks down. She breathes in covering her mouth as her heart skips a beat a tear rolls down her cheek. She walks into the dining room with more tears rolling down her face. She tries to say something as Bill walks to her, puts a finger up to her mouth and says, “Don’t say a word tonight we speak the language of love.” He takes her into his arms leans her back and kisses her passionately.

As the kiss breaks, Kayla says, “I love you, Bill Lane Costello.” She smiles and kisses him. “Did you do this all for me?” she asks tearing up again.

Bill whips the tears away and brings her closer. He says to her, “anything for you, my beautiful mistress.” He kisses her again. She blushes a scarlet red, her grin grew into an ear to ear grin. “Wait here,” he says running into the next room. He comes out with black roses, being Kayla’s favorite color and flower. He hands them to her.

“I hope you didn’t hurt yourself doing all this,” she says giggling.

“Actually I did burn my finger and I pricked my finger on the roses’ thorns. The burn still hurting too, but I’ll be ok,” he relies.

“Aw, let me see,” she says, lifting up his hands. She looks at them for a second then kisses each finger. “Is that better, baby?”  She asks looking up at him, smiling.

He smiles and kisses her, answering her with “yea.” They stare into each other’s eyes. Finally, Bill says, “hey I wrote you something.” He pulls out a piece of paper, he kneels and reads, “Life without you was bad, now that I have you, I can’t be hurt too bad, I feel loved when I’m around you, It feels so good, Like the taste small taste of heaven.”

She looks at him, the grin is gone and her arms are crossed. “If you feel loved by me then why don’t I ever see a smile on your face for more than two seconds,” at this point she is yelling, “you’re just going through the motions. You stood back up after you fell in love.” She takes off her ring and throws it at the floor, tears fill her face as she cries out, “we’re through,” she walks out whipping her tears away.

Bill stands there as he stares off into space, not a single tear is shed. He moves only to blow the candles out and to go to his room. He sits on his bed staring into space, lost in his own mind. A tear sheds, the only tear of the night.



© 2011 Decaf


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

what aunt b said. that was awesome i loved how u ended it. cant wait for the 3rd one

Posted 12 Years Ago


can't wait for the third chapter. i love how u end it. im wondering how ur going to start the next chapter

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

114 Views
2 Reviews
Added on July 8, 2011
Last Updated on July 8, 2011


Author

Decaf
Decaf

Burleson, TX



About
I'm a fun guy that has a deep heart and mind. My name is Decaf like the coffee. It's awesome I'm a skater, I'm also an ex cutter. more..

Writing
Where you had Where you had

A Poem by Decaf