Gala Race

Gala Race

A Chapter by Emily
"

The 3rd chapter of Alamo.

"
"Whoa, Doc. Not goin' to the Alamo."
She said to her black stallion. It was an unusually sunny day for fall, and Wes felt sorry for the horse. Black absorbs more sunlight than white, and for the sake of her horse's health, she wished he was white.
    "So, Cal, what’s with Jersey's name?"She blushed.
    Cal was so her type. She wanted to ask herself why she asks stupid questions when she likes someone.
    "My favorite book is New Jersey World, and when a new foal came along, I had to name him Jersey," he said. Weslie was hanging on every word he said. She was, frankly, quite a lot more than head over heels for him. It wasn't until she saw that the both horses were going downhill that they were at last on the 1 mile long flat of land before Indian Dune.
    "Race to the Dune?"She asked with the competition already playing out in her mind. Competitive as she was, Weslie planned to let Cal win-this time.
    "Jersey's up for it. What about Mr. Holiday?"
    "He's as ready as I am!" She shouted as she dashed past the horse and rider team. Cal followed shortly after.
    "Don't forget Daisy!" he called. Weslie whistled and slowed a little.
She picked up by the scruff of her neck and plopped her on the front of the saddle.
Cal was a fair distance away, but Weslie wouldn't let that stop her from not winning.
She realized that Doc Holiday was breathing hard, but she wanted to pretend to want to win so badly! Cal raced ahead. He was gritting his teeth and had his signature glare of steel. She eased up, daydreaming of the possible future. Suddenly, a whoop of victory pierced the humid air.
    "Yeah! Finally I get to win! Woohoo!"Cal hollered.
    "Get off that high horse and congratulate me for a good race!" Weslie demanded.
    "If you say so,” Cal said, “But I think it wasn't such a good race for you."
    "Just do it." she said.
    "Good race." They said in unison.
    "Jinx!" Wes shouted "You owe me."
    "What do you want?" he replied, giving her an once-over.
    "A date to the gala,” She stage-whispered.
    "Anything you want, m'lady,"He said as he kissed her callused hand.



© 2012 Emily


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

203 Views
Added on March 27, 2011
Last Updated on May 2, 2012
Tags: 3rd, alamo, horse, date, gala, Doc Holiday


Author

Emily
Emily

CA



About
Hey, I'm Emily. I go to Los Angeles Valley College, and I write poetry and some short stories. In my free time, I draw, play video games, and play with my dogs Zeke and Roscoe. Zeke is a Great Dane/Bo.. more..

Writing
The Clash The Clash

A Story by Emily


Faye Faye

A Story by Emily