Chapter 1- The first day

Chapter 1- The first day

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl
"

It's Allison's first day. From getting lost to being invited to a party it seems like a good start.

"

I frown looking at the kids hurrying around me not even stopping to say hi. Understandable since it was my first day and I was new. I looked at my class schedule then my watch noticing the bell should be going in a couple of minutes and I had no idea where my first period class was. I bit my lip walking around trying to get through the crowded hallway looking for P17. I heard the bell go and swore. All the kids started hurrying to their class while I stood there looking like an idiot.

Of course I wasn’t going to ask someone for directions I mean how embarrassing would that be. I casually leaned against a locker trying to look like there was nothing wrong but none of the kids paid attention. It didn’t take long for the hallway to empty and now I was alone. I tried looking for the map that I was given but somehow I had lost it already. I swore again starting to walk away again hoping I might run into a teacher or something. But instead someone ran into me.

I didn’t see it coming first I was walking then I was flying. I hit the ground hard. “Hey watch where you’re going” I said angrily looking up just in time to see a guy run right past me without even stopping probably late.

I groan getting to my feet rubbing my elbow noticing that a small bruise was appearing. What a great way to start my first day I thought. Then I sighed in relief when I noticed a tall dark haired teacher wearing big framed glasses walking towards me. “Are you the new girl Allison?” he asked.

I nod “I’m lost I don’t know where my class is” I said blushing.

He nodded “you were on my roll. I came to look for you” he told me.

My face went even redder when I followed him down the hallway made a left turn and what do you know the room was right there. He held the door open for me and I walked inside blushing like an idiot. The first person I saw was the guy who had knocked me over. He was sitting smack in the middle of the class with an arrogant grin on his face.

“I arranged the class seating in alphabetical order you’ll be sitting right next to Hayley” he told me pointing to a girl who was sitting in the 2nd row. Unfortunately the seat next to her was right in front of the boy who knocked me over.

I walked over and sat down “hey” the girl whispered giving me a friendly grin.

“Hi” I said shyly taking in her features. She was quite pretty with long dark hair and big brown eyes.

“I’m Hayley” she said sticking out her hand. I hesitate then shake it introducing myself then felt a tap on my shoulder.

I spun around to face the boy who knocked me over “thanks for getting lost. Mr Parker had to go search for you and didn’t notice that I came in late. I owe you one” he said giving me a wink. I rolled my eyes facing back to the front noticing the teacher was writing notes on the board.

I grabbed my book and started copying the notes. Fortunately I done this class at my old school and the stuff he was writing I pretty much already knew.

When he was done he went to his laptop and started calling out the roll. I found out the boy behind me name was Liam. Then Mr Parker ordered everyone to get into partners. I sat nervously watching everyone get up to join a friend.

“Hey do you want to be my partner?” Liam asked grinning wildly.

“Go away Liam she’s with me” Hayley said. Liam rolled his eyes then walked off to join a tall broad shouldered guy who looked really tough.

I was relieved. I thought Liam was a jerk for knocking me over and not even stopping to check if I was alright or even apologise.

Hayley moved her desk over so it joined with mine. Mr Parker gave us a project to work on. Hayley was really serious about this most people would make this as an excuse to gossip to their friends but she focused on our work. The lesson went on for just under a hour. I heard the bell go and got to my feet “what’s your next class?” Hayley asked.

I looked at my schedule “chemistry” I said trying to hold back a groan. My father had made me sign up for chemistry even though it was something I know I would probably fail.

Hayley peeked at my schedule “your room’s near mine I’ll show you to your room” she said. I nod grateful following her. She pointed out some other things on the way the cafeteria and the gym. “When do you have lunch?” she asked when she showed me the cafeteria.

“4th period” I told her hoping she would have it at the same time as me but unfortunately she didn’t.

I thanked her when she showed me my room. I walked inside and groaned when I saw Liam sitting at one of the lab benches near the front. And even worse the other lab benches were full he was the only one sitting by himself. I reluctantly walked over and sat beside him.

“Hey again” he said grinning.

“Hi” I murmured not looking at him. Our teacher walked in her name was Mrs Jackson and she looked like she was in her early 50s. Her hair was pure white and was straight just touching her shoulders. She wore a white shirt with a plaid skirt.

“Everyone we have a new kid today her name is Allison would you like to tell us a little bit about yourself?” she asked.

I stood stunned for a moment oh great. I walked up to the front standing beside her fidgeting a little a bad habit when I’m nervous. “Hi I’m Allison I moved here from Philadelphia because my father got a job transfer” I said shrugging unsure what to say.

Mrs Jackson nodded. I was glad she didn’t ask me any questions. I went back to my place beside Liam. Again we had to take notes and there was a lot my wrist started to get sore. I shot a peak at Liam noticing that he had barely written anything. He basically skipped most of the notes only writing a couple down making it look like he was actually doing some work.

I was a fast writer so when I was done I surveyed the class. I saw a girl who looked like she belonged in a Playboy magazine with her long blonde hair and sparkling blue eyes and undeniably fine figure. I noticed the boy next to her and couldn’t help but stare. “Wow” I said not realising I spoke out loud.

“Oh you checking out Jai there. Sorry to break your heart princess but he’s taken can’t you tell by how close he’s standing next to Heather” Liam whispered in my ear.

I looked closer and realised he was right and not only that they were holding hands. My heart fell in disappointment he was an absolute babe. He was tall with short brown hair and had perfectly tanned skin.

I ignored him turning back to the front hoping the class would be over soon.

I sighed in relief when the bell went I hurried out of the room not focusing where I was going when I bumped into someone.  “Sorry” I said looking up.

“No problem” he said meeting my eyes. As I stared into his eyes I realised he was quite cute. Nowhere near as cute as Jai was but still cute. He had pleasant friendly features straight black hair that was kept short slightly pale skin but his eyes were what intrigued me. They were a dark shade of brown so dark that they were almost black and even though they sparkled with kindness there was a hint of intelligence in them.

I quickly looked away blushing taking a few steps away then looked at my schedule. Fortunately I had seen my classroom on the way to chemistry so I knew where it was and it was near the cafeteria. I sat through the whole lesson by myself focusing on everything the teacher was saying wanting to do really well this year. When the bell went I went straight to the cafeteria starving. I walked up to the line and rolled my eyes as I passed Liam who was sitting at a table with a whole heap of football jocks laughing about something.

I grabbed a tray and a can of coke and a salad and a sandwich then searched the cafeteria for an empty table. I managed to find one and sat down and started eating completely surprised when I heard someone ask if someone was sitting here. I looked up and realised that it was the guy I bumped into outside of chemistry.

“Um sure” I said watching as he sat across from me placing his tray on the table.

I surveyed his food surprised. Wow he must be hungry I thought. On his tray was a hamburger, some French fries, yoghurt, an apple and a can of Dr Pepper. He noticed me looking at his food “I’m hungry and I don’t gain any weight at all” he said shrugging as he grabbed a handful of French fries and popped it in his mouth.

I looked away taking a bite of my chicken sandwich. “So what’s your name?” he asked.

“Allison what’s yours?” I asked taking a sip of my coke looking at him trying not to stare directly into his eyes afraid it might make my heart pound so hard he would probably hear it.

“Isaac” he said polishing off his hamburger and fries and went on to his yoghurt before I could even finish my sandwich.

I didn’t say anything. I hated being shy I can never get passed the hey my name is stage.

“So what do you think of Pensbrooke High so far?” he asked.

“It’s alright” I said shrugging. It was only my first day. I finish my sandwich and went on to my salad.

Isaac nod finishing his Dr Pepper and his yoghurt and apple but he didn’t leave. “What class have you got next?” he asked reaching over and took my schedule that was hanging out of my pocket.

He scanned over it “creative writing. You’re in my class” he said.

I didn’t say anything instead just focused on eating my salad. I didn’t get to finish it in time I wasn’t a fast eater. I heard the bell go and stood up. Isaac stood with me as well and followed me out of the cafeteria taking the lead. Because I didn’t know where my class was I had to follow him. I mentally took a note to check the map that was on the school website when I got home.

“Here you go madam” he said holding the door open for me.

I walked inside and saw Hayley sitting near the front. “Allison” she said smiling waving me over to sit next to her. I smile glad I made a new friend and sat beside her.

“How was lunch?” she asked me.

“It was alright” I said shooting a quick glance over at Isaac who was sitting a couple of rows back in the corner by himself.

“Listen a few friends of mine are having a party Saturday night I was wondering if you would like to come” Hayley said.

I stared at her surprised I have never been invited to a party before. I thought they were basically for the popular kids.

“Yeah sure” I said wondering if my father would let me. Ever since my mum died he has been fiercely protective of me because I was all he had left. He had no siblings and I was an only child and both his parents had passed away.

“Great can you give me your number and I’ll text you the details later” she said.

I nod writing my number in my book then ripped it out and gave it to her. She smiled putting it in her pocket. “Anyway I wanted to warn you about Liam. He is a jerk. If he ever tries to hit on you or ask you out just say no. He is a player and only cares about himself and doesn’t care who he hurts” Hayley said.

I nod even though I would never think of dating him in the first place.

The teacher came in and Hayley immediately stopped talking. I barely could concentrate I kept shooting glances over at Isaac unable to take my eyes off him. He kept his head down looking up every now and then but I quickly turned around before he noticed I was staring at him.

A few minutes later I turned back around and saw that he was staring at me. I could feel the heat rush to my cheeks I immediately spun back around and didn’t turn at all for the rest of the period.

That was the last class of the day. I walked outside and stood at the front waiting for dad to pick me up when I heard someone walk up and stand beside me. I turned realising it was Isaac. “So I was wondering are you doing anything this Saturday” he asked nervously.

“Yeah Hayley invited me to a party why?” I asked surprised.

“Oh no reason just asking” he said not looking at me.

“Aren’t you going to the party?” I asked.

He shook his head “no. I’m not good with parties plus most of them are jerks. I’ll catch you later” he said sounding disappointed and hurried away.

What was that about I wondered.

I saw my father pull up a few feet away. I walked over placing my bag in the back then climbed in the passenger seat.

“How was your first day kiddo?” he asked.

“It was fine” I said.

“Just fine” he said.

“It’s my first day dad I can’t give a valid opinion can I” I said surprised at my harsh tone.

“Alright, alright” he said equally surprised as I was. I immediately felt bad.

We didn’t say anything for the rest of the trip. I grabbed my bag and hurried inside telling him I was going to take a nap even though I wasn’t tired.

I lay on my bed reading my favourite book a horror by R.L Stine one of my favourite authors. I put it down when I heard my father call me down for dinner.

I walked downstairs smelling meatloaf. I sat at the table and started eating hungry.

My father sat across from me in his usual spot but to my surprise he wasn’t eating instead he was moving it around with his fork.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

He looked up “there’s something I want to tell you” he said.

“Well what is it?” I asked impatiently.

“I’m seeing someone. I’ve been seeing her for a while Allison and I really like her. I met her on a dating website her name is Clair” he said.

I stared at him the fork halfway to my mouth. I looked like an idiot with my mouth half open “why didn’t you tell me?” I asked.

“I wanted to wait for the right time. But Clair wants to meet you. We are going to have dinner on Saturday night together” he said.

I suddenly remembered the party “wait dad I can’t go. I was invited to a party by a girl at school” I said biting my lip.

“Well I’m sorry you can’t go. There’ll be plenty of other parties to go to but this is important. I really want you to meet Clair I already made the reservations” he said.

I angrily got to my feet “but this is so unfair. The first time I get invited to a party you won’t let me go just so I can meet your stupid girlfriend that I didn’t know you had till a minute ago” I said angrily trying not to shout. I angrily stomped out of the kitchen upstairs into my bedroom and lay down on my bed wishing we never moved.



© 2015 KittyKatgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OOoooo I wonder if Allison is going to like his father's love interest? Onto the next chapter for me!

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
i liked this :) the main character is very relatable and thats great to have. good job

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you Dante :)
Great story.. :) Really loved it..

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
Who are you? I think your missing a Chapter : The Move

Posted 8 Years Ago


moves right along introducing you characters and giving a bit of background...well done

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)
Teenage life is so full of drama, and you portrayed that well in this beginning. I'm definitely going to keep reading to see what will happen next. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :)
I like this :) can't wait to read more of it :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you I will start working on chapter 2 tonight and it may be posted tomorrow morning :)
well this looks like its going to be pretty interesting, can't wait for more chapters..
well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

I only started it last night and done this is a hour and a half so I probably write more tonight.
Amy R

8 Years Ago

nice, don't forget to check out mind whenever u can :)
take your time.
KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Sure I can check some out now

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

334 Views
8 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 28, 2015
Last Updated on August 28, 2015


Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl