Chapter 4- Confrontation

Chapter 4- Confrontation

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl

I wake up from a nightmare sweating. I sat up in bed remembering what happened yesterday. I looked at the time and swore. I was going to be late. I quickly jumped out of bed having a quick shower and pulled on some clothes then hurried downstairs. If I walked I was going to be late. But to my relief I saw Hayley parked at the front smiling.

I groan remembering that I had creative writing today and I would be stuck for almost an hour with Isaac then there was lunch as well.

As I walked to her car I contemplated whether I should tell her about what happened. I decided not to instead I told her we got into another argument and it was over for good.

Hayley sympathised as we drove to school. As I climbed out I looked around hoping I won’t see Isaac. But there he was near the door with his cousin the one that was a freshman. I groaned in order to get inside we had to pass him.

“We can go around the back way if you want” Hayley said.

I shook my head “we’ll be late if we do” I said and I walked up the stairs to the door.

I didn’t look at him but as I walked past I felt him grab my hand. I yank my hand away turning to glare at him.

“Hey Ali I’m really sorry. Honestly I thought you wanted to you know. If I knew I would have never” he said.

“You knew. I tried pushing you off but you kept on top of me” I snapped angrily.

“Ssh keep it down” Isaac said looking around nervously. I heard Hayley gasp behind me probably putting together what must’ve happened. Isaac’s cousin stood beside him but didn’t seem shocked or anything she just glared at me. I rolled my eyes and followed Hayley inside.

“Oh my god Ali why didn’t you tell me” she said pulling me in a hug.

I shook a little trying not to cry “I didn’t want to tell anyone really” I said.

She looked at me “did you already tell someone else?” she asked.

I hesitate then nod. “Liam came and heard the commotion and walked in on us. He chased Isaac off” I said.

Hayley hugged me tighter then the bell went. She reluctantly let me go and we walked to our first period class which we shared.

At lunch I walked into the cafeteria spotting Isaac still sitting at the table we usually shared. I grabbed my lunch and looked around hoping to find someone.

I heard someone call my name and much to my relief I saw Marnie waving at me. I smile walking over sitting across from her and Blake.

“I’m so sorry you and Isaac broke up you were such a cute couple. Hayley told me all about it” she said.

I bite my lip glad Hayley didn’t tell her what happened. I nod silently eating my French fries. I saw Isaac look over at me but he looked away. I looked around the cafeteria for Liam and found him sitting as usual with the football jocks.

I saw him look over at me and I gave him a smile. He gave me a smile back then looked back at his mates.

I talked to Blake and Marnie till the bell went. Great now I had to go to creative writing. I left the cafeteria then remembered much to my relief that Hayley was in my class. I heard footsteps rapidly approaching behind me. I turned around hoping it was Liam but to my dismay it was Isaac. He easily caught up even though I quickened my pace. He gripped my arm hard stopping me and I winced.

“Sorry” he said loosening his grip but kept a firm grip firm enough to stop me from pulling away.

“Let go” I snapped angrily hoping someone would help me but they basically ignored us.

“Come on can we please talk?” Isaac asked his eyes pleading with me. His dark brown eyes made him look like a puppy dog begging and I almost gave in. Almost.

“No” I said trying to snatch my hand away but his grip was too tight.

“Let go of her mate or there’ll be trouble” I heard a familiar voice say from behind me.

Isaac growled then let go and walked past us deliberately bumping into Liam on the way.

“Thank you” I said again. He just nod his head then walked away.

I walk to my creative writing class glad Isaac didn’t try anything stupid. He just sat near the back. I smile spotting Hayley and sat beside her.

We worked most of the lesson then the teacher let us spend the last 5 minutes to gossip.

I heard Isaac walk over. “So is Liam your boyfriend now?” he asked with disgust.

“No” I said though deep inside I wish he was.

“Then why is he always there when I want to talk to you” Isaac said.

Hayley stood up standing between us gritting her teeth. “Back the f**k off Isaac and leave her alone or I’ll tell everyone what you tried doing” she said.

I relax slightly glad that I had such a great friend to help me.

Isaac opened his mouth probably to tell her to mind her own business but the bell went. Hayley took my hand and led me out of the room. “I’ll give you a lift home” she said.

I came home to find my dad making dinner for once. Clair was helping me.

“Hey princess how was school?” he asked turning to face me.

“It was alright I got a lot of homework so I’m going to my room” I said walking upstairs collapsing on my bed and started working on my maths homework. I must’ve fell asleep because I opened my eyes when I hear dad calling me down for dinner.

I went downstairs and to my surprise saw Liam sitting at the table.

He shrugged.

“Your friend here came to say hi and I invited him in for dinner” dad explained when he noticed my confusion.

I nod and the only seat that was left over was right beside Liam. I sat down smiling as I see my favourite meal on the table. Goulash. I was the first one to start eating and soon we were chatting but Liam was silent. When we were all done I collected all the plates and went to the sink to wash them.

“Me and Clair are going to the movies so you two behave” dad said staring at Liam warning him to not even try anything.

Liam nod and to my disappointment he said “I’m going to go home soon anyway” he said then stood up and grabbed a tea towel. I washed the dishes while he dried and put them away. I heard the front door close and looked at him.

“Why did you come?” I asked curious.

“I wanted to make sure you were okay and got home safely” Liam said not meeting my eye.

“You don’t need to protect me I can take care of myself you know” I said.

Liam shrugged then looked up staring into my eyes. “Or maybe I wanted to see you” he said.

I look into his eyes and I could tell he was telling the truth. “Why do you want to see me?” I asked.

He shrug then looked at the door “I should go” he said taking a step past me. But I stopped him and then pulled his head down till my lips met his. For a minute he kissed me back then pulled away.

“Sorry I shouldn’t of done that” he said then he walked out the door leaving me standing there confused.

I lie on my bed unable to go to sleep. I sigh rolling over reaching for a book and read for a while till I started feeling drowsy and fell asleep.

I wake up groaning having a pounding headache. I got out of bed noticing that I was late for school anyway. Might as well have the day off. Dad was at work. I go downstairs and take some Advil then lie back in bed waiting for it to kick in. I ended up falling asleep again and when I woke up it was to the sound of a knocking at the door.

I climb out of bed feeling a bit better and went downstairs and opened the door unable to stop the grin appearing on my face when I see Liam. But he didn’t smile back.

“Good you’re okay. When you didn’t come to school today I was worried that b*****d done something to you” Liam said.

“I’m fine see” I said turning around to prove it.

Liam nod then stared at me for a moment. “Can we talk about what happened yesterday.”

I hesitate then nod letting him in and he went to the living room and sat on the couch. I sat on an armchair away from him thinking that’s what he wanted.

I’m not sure but it seemed like he was disappointed. He took a deep breath. “I need to tell you something I never told anyone.”

I sat watching him curious. What was he going to tell me?

“I want to tell you this because you are a really nice girl. Yesterday when we kissed I enjoyed it trust me. But I pulled away because well the last relationship I had it was bad.”

I sat biting my lip keeping my eyes on him on the edge of my seat wishing he would hurry up. Part of me was happy that he enjoyed the kiss though,

“My last relationship it was a couple of years ago. I dated this girl named Caitlyn at first she was very nice and all that but then she became possessive.  She wanted to know where I was going, who I was seeing etc. I even caught her stalking me a few times. Then I decided to break up with her and she told me she couldn’t live without her. I turned my back on her and a couple of days later she killed herself.”

My mouth opened but no words came out. I was dumbstruck.

“After that I tried avoiding girls you know even be mean to them. I was afraid that something like that would happen again. I thought maybe I could never find a girl I would like to have a relationship till I met you.”

I shook my head still shocked he was staring at me waiting for me to say something but my voice caught in my throat.

“I’ll let you think about it” Liam said standing up about to leave but again I stopped him pulling him towards me in an embrace.

“I’m so sorry. It’s not your fault. She obviously had some problems and was obsessed with you,” I said softly.

He nods slowly, hugging me back.

I tilt my head up meeting his eyes then kiss him softly on the lips.

Liam kisses me back wrapping his arms around my waist pressing me against him.

I kiss him deeper a deep sigh escaping my lips pulling him back onto the couch.

Liam runs a hand through my hair messing it up a little then he presses closer using his weight to force me to lie down on the couch.

I kiss him again relishing the softness and warmth of his lips. I felt something slide under my shirt and I realised it was his hand.

I pull back sitting up shaking my head. “No not yet I’m sorry I’m just not ready.”

Liam nods getting to his feet. I bite my lip worried I made him angry but there was only understanding in his face.

“Alright I should go anyway I’ll come by tomorrow,” he kissed me one more time goodbye then left.

A couple of minutes after I hear the front door close I heard it open. I hear my father’s name calling me. I get to my feet going over to him.

“Why did I get a call from your school letting me know you were away today?” he demanded.

“Because I wasn’t feeling so good,” I snapped angry that he was going to lecture me as soon as I came home.

“Don’t you snap at me young lady. I was only asking, I was worried something happened to you.”

“Well maybe if you spend more time with your daughter instead of with that s**t Clair then maybe you wouldn’t worry,” I said sharpening my tone.

Just then Clair walked through the door and judging by the look on her face she had heard me.

“You apologise right now Ali,” dad said his face beet red.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah right.”

Then I pushed past Clair and ran out the door, running down the street without stopping.


© 2015 KittyKatgirl


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wonder how is Clair going to treat Allison now, this chapter is my fave so far.

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Thank you :) Is there anything of yours you would like me to read so I can repay the favour?

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 26, 2015
Last Updated on November 2, 2015


Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl