Chapter 3- Different side

Chapter 3- Different side

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl
"

Holly sees a whole new side to both the boys she is attracted to. The one that she thinks is sweet is different then she thinks. And Liam isn't as bad as he makes out to be.

"


This chapter contains an attempt at sexual assault if this may upset you in any way I recommend you do not read this chapter.

The rest of my first week went pretty well. I and Isaac hung out a lot and everybody knew we were a couple. Though everywhere we go together it seemed like Liam was following us. One time we were heading to the carpark holding hands I saw Liam watching us. It was kind of freaky I told Isaac and he said he was just jealous that’s all. Hayley and I had become close friends we even went shopping yesterday for clothes to wear to the party. We ended up choosing outfits for each other. And dinner with Clair and dad actually went quite well she seemed really nice and it was clear my father really cared about her. Today was Friday and I couldn’t wait for the day to end so the weekend can start. Hayley and I were gossiping about the party during the classes we had together.

When it finally reached lunch time I couldn’t wait to see Isaac. I smile finding him sitting at our usual table. I carried my tray over sitting next to him grinning when he put his arm around me. “So you want to go see a movie tonight or something?” he asked.

I shook my head. “I’m going to the party” I reminded him giving him a quick apologetic kiss. But to my surprise he pulled away.

“Can’t you just tell Hayley you’re not going?” he asked.

“I can’t I promised Hayley I would go. It’s only one night Isaac we can hang out on Sunday” I said stunned.

He looked at me with his dark brown eyes “so you rather spend time with those jerks then me” he said sounding hurt.

I stare at him open mouthed. “No I-“ I started but the words caught in my throat. He stood up angrily and walked away emptying his tray in the bin then left the cafeteria. I sat looking like an idiot I could hear people gossiping probably spreading a rumour me and him broke up already. Did we?

I stood up a couple minutes later doing the same as he did then left. If I went to my class now I would be early but I didn’t care. I groan remembering I had chemistry and Liam would be there.

In fact he was standing right outside the door. I was tempted to turn around and walk in the opposite direction but it was too late he saw me. He waved I ignored him walking up leaning against a locker not looking at him willing the bell to hurry up wishing I stayed in the cafeteria.

“So what happened to your boyfriend hey did you’s have a fight or something. He walked past in a huff” he said.

“That’s none of your business” I snapped looking to the side so he couldn’t see my eyes starting to water. This was ridiculous we’ve only been dating for 4 days I shouldn’t be so upset but I was.

“Hey are you okay?” he asked actually sounding concerned.

I nod still not looking at him.

Liam shrugged “if you say so.”

I sigh in relief when the bell went I hastily blinked away the tears hoping it wasn’t obvious that I was almost going to cry.

The class seemed to go on forever I was thankful that my last class wasn’t with Isaac.

When the last bell went I quickly left barely hearing Hayley call my name. I just wanted to get home. Fortunately I didn’t bump into Isaac who lived not too far from me on the way we usually walked home together. It had been raining and there was an occasional puddle to avoid. As I walked I heard a car coming up behind me near the curb before I knew it a cold splash of water hit me. I gasped looking at the car and faintly recognised Isaac sitting in the back I couldn’t make out the driver.

I clenched my hands together angry. This outfit was brand new and now it was all wet. I hurried home fighting the angry tears that were threatening to fall. I was thankful dad wasn’t home he was staying at Clair’s for the weekend. Shivering I pulled off my dripping clothes and climbed in the shower sighing as the hot water hit me. I stayed under the spray of water for a while then eventually climbed out changing into some jeans and a shirt. I was drying my hair with a towel when I walked into my room to find my phone ringing. I grabbed it and looked at the caller i.d thankful it was only Hayley.

I picked it up “hey” I said.

“Hey what’s the big idea why didn’t you say hi back to me after school. And what’s this rumour I’ve been hearing that you and Isaac have broken up?” she asked saying all this is a second. I barely could make out what she was saying.

I sigh. “Sorry Hayley. Me and Isaac got into an argument. He doesn’t want me to go the party tomorrow and instead see a movie with him or something. Then when I was walking home him and probably some friend of his giving him a lift deliberately went through a puddle spraying water on me” I said.

 “Oh my god what an a*****e. Come over we can have a girl’s night eat junk food annoy my parents and b***h about Isaac” Hayley said. “And bring your clothes for tomorrow’s party we can go together.”

“Okay” I said hanging up then grabbed a really short sexy black skirt that Hayley had picked out for me and a black silky top. She said black looks good on me. I put it in a small bag along with another outfit to wear for tomorrow.

I arrived at her house in 20 minutes. It wasn’t too far to walk. I walk up to the door and rang the doorbell. Mrs Anderson Hayley’s mum answered the door. “Oh hey Allison Hayley’s upstairs in her room” she said smiling politely. I smile back then walked upstairs heading straight to Hayley’s room. Hayley was sitting on her bed with a textbook in her hands occasionally writing in a book. “What are you doing?” I asked.

Hayley rolled her eyes “homework. Mum said if I don’t do it I can’t go to the party tomorrow” she said scribbling something down then put both beside her.

She patted beside her for me to sit down. I set the bag near the door and walked over sitting beside her. “So what happened?” she asked.

I told her everything and she listened quietly. “Well you know what fixes things like that chocolate” she said if on cue Mrs Anderson came in with a whole heap of junk food and heaps of chocolate. She placed it on the bed in front of us then left the room.

I smile as we pigged out on the food leaving some of it for later. Then Hayley stood up and turned on her iPod and the stereo and soon music was playing. I giggle as she lifted me off the bed and urged me to dance like we were 5. Soon we were eventually tied and started talking about school and the party tomorrow. “So my friend Marnie is hosting the party. Her parents went on a cruise and won’t be back till next week. A whole hap of people are coming and plenty of boys to get together with and make Isaac jealous” Hayley said grinning.

I nod smiling then we ended up lying on the bed having a comedy movie marathon till we both ended up falling asleep.

I woke up early the next morning and could smell breakfast cooking downstairs. I smile dad was always too busy working or at Clair’s to make us breakfast. I smile climbing out of Hayley’s bed and walked downstairs finding Mrs Anderson at the stove flipping pancakes. She saw me and smile “an early riser hey. I hope you like pancakes” she said.

I nod helping her by getting the plates ready. She was a single mother since Hayley was 5 when Hayley’s father left them for another woman leaving them alone. I felt sorry for Hayley but she didn’t seem to care. From what I’ve seen Mrs Anderson was doing a great job at being a single mother.

Hayley came down a short while later rubbing her eyes still half asleep. I smile as she made herself a coffee. Soon we were sitting at the table eating pancakes. I had drowned mine in syrup and added whipped cream while both Hayley and her mum covered theirs in whipped cream and strawberries. I offered to wash the plates when we were all done. I and Hayley spend the rest of the day catching up on homework and when it was almost 7 we got ready for the party.

Hayley had a car of her own it was pretty old and leaked a lot of oil but otherwise it worked quite well. She drove us to the party and I was amazed. The house was a mansion “Marnie’s parents are rich she holds the best parties” Hayley said grinning parking further down the street a whole heap of cars there already.

Hayley grinned then went to the boot and grabbed the case of Heineken that Hayley told me she got a friend to get for her. I offered to carry it for her  but she refused. We walked up the street already hearing the loud music blaring. The mansion was full of people most of them I didn’t recognise which was understandable since I’ve only been at school for a week. I noticed Liam standing near a corner talking to a guy on the football team occasionally taking a sip from his can of beer. I roll my eyes following Hayley inside as she set the case on a bench in the kitchen.

I saw a girl with short blonde hair and round blue eyes that I’ve seen around school but didn’t know her name walk over. “Hey Hayley glad you brought the new girl” she said smiling at me.

“Allison this is Marnie, Marnie this is Allison” she said introducing us.

I smile politely shaking her hand.

“Oh thank you so much Hayley you brought my favourite” Marnie said quickly opening the case and grabbed one. I bite my lip I didn’t drink alcohol much and I’ve never had Heineken but I grabbed one as well along with Hayley. I opened it and slowly took a sip tasting the sweet bitter taste.

I make a sour face then took another sip and a couple of sips later it actually tasted pretty good and I drank some more. Hayley and Marnie laughed and I noticed Liam and the football jock walking towards us. The football jock wrapped his arm around Marnie and gave her a kiss.

“And that’s Blake Marnie’s boyfriend and our star quarterback” Hayley said grinning seeming to enjoy introducing everyone to me.

Blake nod hello and Liam just stood there with his hands in his pockets. Then a new song started playing “oh this is my favourite come on let’s dance” Marnie said taking Blake’s hand leading him to an empty area and they started dancing. Hayley grinned and went to join them leaving me alone with Liam.

I tried looking for someone I recognised but I could only see complete strangers.

Liam stared at me for a few seconds then asked “do you want to dance?”

I hesitate then nod letting him lead me over to where Hayley, Marnie and Blake were dancing.

We danced a few songs then Hayley lead me away and she handed me another drink. Soon I was drinking more and more and my vision started to get blurry but Hayley encouraged me to drink more so I did. Soon I was feeling queasy and barely could walk I went outside to get some fresh air noticing a swing hanging by a tree. I stumbled over practically collapsing on it I hang on the ropes tightly taking deep breaths trying not to throw up.

I heard footsteps coming up from behind me I was hoping it was Hayley ready to head home but it was Liam.

I groan bending over puking all over the grass.

I heard him rush by my side and felt a warm hand gently rubbing my back and holding my hair out of my face.

I finish then sit back up feeling a little better wiping my mouth. “Not much of a drinker are you?” he said more of a statement then a question.

I didn’t reply I just sat there looking at the moon. It was full and the sky was covered in stars.

 “Come on I’ll take you home” he said helping me up.

I shook my head which sent another wave of nausea go through me. I gulped holding it back and managed to get out “Hayley brought me here” I said.

Liam shook his head “Hayley’s making out with some dude on the couch and it looks like she’s not leaving anytime soon” Liam said.

I hesitate then follow him to his car. I tried opening the door but I kept missing the handle.

Liam chuckled and leaned over giving me a strong smell of his cologne opening the door. I climbed in watching him close it. I could still hear the music and it was giving me a massive headache. God I was going to kill Hayley next time I see her for encouraging me to drink.

I somehow managed to remember my address and 5 minutes later he was parked in my driveway. “Is your parent’s home?” he asked noticing dad’s car wasn’t in the driveway.

“No he’s with his g-gir-girlfriend” I slurred then I passed out.

I open my eyes to find myself on the couch and Liam was beside me. I smile then lean towards him “you’re s-so h-hot” I said about to kiss him.

For a second he leaned forward as well and my heart jumped but then he pulled back. “You’re drunk” he said standing up. “I’m not going to take advantage of you.”

I groan feeling sick again and covered my mouth with my hand and ran to the toilet throwing up again.

He stood behind me doing the same as before when I was on the swing and I passed out again.

I woke up at noon on Sunday morning in my bed not remember how I got there  feeling a bit better I still had a headache but no longer sick. I went downstairs and found some Advil and took it then heard my phone ringing.

I grabbed it and to my surprise I saw Isaac’s name. I answered it pressing the phone to my ear. “what do you want Isaac” I said remembering what he did on Friday afternoon.

“Listen I’m so sorry Allison I feel really bad about our argument on Friday. And what happened when you were walking home wasn’t my fault. Luke was angry at you and did it before I could stop him. If it helped I gave him a bloody nose for that” he said.

I couldn’t help but grin picturing Isaac hitting someone.

“So do you forgive me?” he asked.

I sigh then nod then remembered he couldn’t see me “yes I forgive you” I said.

I heard him shout with triumph “so do you want to go catch lunch or something?” he asked.

“Sure but you’ll have to pick me up I don’t know any places to go for lunch” I said apart from the Chinese restaurant we went to on my 2nd day of school.

As I got ready I remembered last night and covered my mouth with my hand. Oh god I almost kissed Liam. I remember everything from drinking too much and Liam holding my hair out of my face while I puked twice. Him carrying me inside onto the couch after I passed out in his car and almost going to kiss me but then pulled away not wanting to take advantage.

But that’s a complete opposite side of him. He was a jerk but he also had a soft spot. It made me think of that movie 10 things I hate about you and faintly realised that it was kind of the same.

I finish getting ready then hear a beeping horn outside. I hurried downstairs after quickly checking my makeup then climbed in his car.

“Can you believe I have my own car? It was my sister’s but she just brought a new one and gave me this as an early birthday present” he said.

I smile “it’s nice” I said. We talked as he drove us to a diner nearby. He parked in the car park then rushed around to the passenger side and opened the door for me. I climbed out and saw a familiar car parked near us. Oh great Liam was here.

Isaac wrapped an arm around my shoulder and led me inside. I spotted Liam sitting near the back alone munching on a sandwich. Isaac found us a booth fortunately away from Liam. Even though we were a fair distance away I could see him staring at us. I bite my lip looking away remembering last night.

A waitress came over and I ordered a chicken sandwich while Isaac ordered a hamburger.

“So how was the party?” Isaac asked.

I looked back at him “oh it was pretty good. I met a lot of people and Marnie is really nice” I said.

The waitress came with our food and we started eating quietly.

I ate silently feeling guilty yes I was drunk but even now when I’m sober I had a strange feeling when I saw him. Like I was happy or something. He had shown a complete different side of him. He acts all arrogant and tough at school but he still shows he cares even though I don’t think he meant to.

Isaac looked at me curiously “are you okay?” he asked.

“Yeah I’m fine” I said.

Isaac turned around and caught Liam staring at us. Then he grinned and turned back pulling me towards him and gave me a full on passionate kiss on the lips.

I sat stunned without kissing him back then saw Liam frown stand up chuck the rest of his sandwich out and left the diner.

I pulled away “what was that for?’ I asked shocked. Was he trying to make Liam jealous?

Isaac shrugged “I just felt like kissing you” he said but I could tell he was lying.

I frown finishing the rest of my sandwich quickly then looked at my watch. “Oh s**t sorry I have to go I promised Hayley I would hang out with her” I said it was a complete lie.

Isaac frowned but nods. “Okay I’ll drive you to her house” he said.

I shook my head I knew Mrs Anderson hated surprise visits. “No she’s coming to my house” I told him.

Isaac stood and helped me up then drove me home. I’ll wait with you” Isaac said walking with me to the door..

I silently cursed how was I going to get out of this? Now I would have to invite Hayley over. “Okay I just need to go to the toilet” I said disappearing in the bathroom.

I quickly texted her asking if she wanted to come over. To my relief she quickly replied sure then I ran the tap in the sink for a minute then turned it off and walked out.

I sat with Isaac on the couch until Hayley arrived. Isaac stood up and opened the door for her. Hayley stood shocked I hadn’t told her we were back together again. 

I heard her say hi then she walked in and waited for Isaac’s car to drive down the driveway before speaking. “What’s going on? Why’s he here? And what happened to you last night?”

I roll my eyes as she bombarded me with questions. “Isaac apologised and we got back together. But he’s been weird we went to the diner for lunch and Liam was there and when he saw him Isaac kissed me full on the lips as if he was trying to make Liam jealous.”

Hayley looked at me stunned. “Wow that is weird. You didn’t answer my third question what happened to you last night?”

“I was drunk I ended up going outside and puked Liam saw me and offered to drive me home and said you were making out with some guy on the couch so I accepted” I said leaving out the part of him carrying me inside after I passed out and almost kissing him.

Hayley’s eyes widened in surprise. “Oh you are so lucky you have two guys who have the hots for you and both are super cute” she said.

“What are you talking about? Liam doesn’t have the hots for me” I said.

“Trust me Allison he wouldn’t be nice to a girl if he didn’t like her” Hayley said.

I stood thinking then realised she might be right. We spent the rest of the day watching movies and around dinnertime she left. I was heading to the kitchen to make dinner when I heard the door knock. I went and opened it seeing Liam grinning at me.

“What are you doing here?” I asked then winced at how rude I sounded. Yeah he might be weird at times but he was still really sweet.

“I came to bring you dinner Chinese again” Isaac said seeming not to notice my rudeness holding up a takeout bag.

I smile letting him come in kind of grateful. I wasn’t looking forward to making dinner. We sat at the table and started eating. Then when we were done we went into the living room to watch a movie. When it finished Isaac asked me “is your dad home?’

I shook my head “no he’s with his girlfriend” I said.

Isaac grinned “good” he whispered then he leant over and kissed me hard on the lips.

Confused I hesitate for a moment then kiss him back feeling his arms wrap around me leaning closer till I was forced to lie down on the couch. I hesitate then pull away but he kissed me again and this time he slipped his hand under my shirt. I gasped and tried shoving him away but he was bigger than me. I tried again but it was useless. His hand went higher and I blinked back the tears. Oh god was he going to rape me. I tried screaming for help but only a pitiful cry came out. Suddenly I heard the door bang open just when Isaac was about to pull of my shirt and I saw Liam barge in looking big and tough.

“What the f**k do you think you are doing?” Liam demanded shoving Isaac off me knocking him to the ground.

Isaac stood looking at him for a minute sizing him up then ran out the door.

I sat up and covered my head in my hands crying. My body trembled and I felt extra pressure on the couch and realised Liam had sat beside me. I felt his arm around my shoulders and he pulled me against him. I buried my face in his chest trying to stop crying but it only made more tears come.

I eventually managed to calm down and I pulled away embarrassed.

Liam looked at me. “Are you okay? Did he hurt you?” he asked.

I shook my head unable to find my voice. I took a deep breath then said “how did you know?”

“Well obviously I didn’t know he was going to assault you I’m not psychic. I came to apologise about last night when I heard you cry out. I was worried something was happening and I saw that jerk all over you” he said gritting his teeth clenching his fists. “If I ever see that b*****d again he’s dead.”

“Well thank you for saving me” I said wincing at what could’ve happened if he hadn’t showed up.

Liam shrugged then stood up running a hand through his hair. “Well I better go” he said and started to leave.

I grab his hand stopping him which sent tingles up and down my spine. “Please can you stay for a while till I fall asleep I, I’m afraid” I said then bite my lip. What was I doing? Yes I was scared, scared he might come back and here I am asking Liam to stay here.

He seemed to hesitate then nod sitting back down and shortly after I fell asleep on the couch.


© 2015 KittyKatgirl


Author's Note

KittyKatgirl
Sorry this is a bit long.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Seemed kind of rushed. I think a little more imagery would be awesome because sometimes when I read it, I'm wondering what everything could look like. And it kinda feels like something more unexpected might happen in the future :), I'm reading on!

Posted 8 Years Ago


KittyKatgirl

8 Years Ago

Ok thank you. I will take note of that and try to make it a bit more slow. And there's going to be a.. read more
Anka Starr

8 Years Ago

Cool! Can't wait.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

103 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015


Author

KittyKatgirl
KittyKatgirl

QLD, Australia



About
Hello fellow writers, My name is Crystal Madden and I am an Aussie. Another writer on this website Maddy Meyers is my best friend in real life it was me who introduced her to this website and I am pro.. more..

Writing
You You

A Poem by KittyKatgirl


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by KittyKatgirl