1.The Morning Drive

1.The Morning Drive

A Chapter by Dr.Vishnu
"

Now it started...!

"

 

 

Approx. 2 months back,

But exactly at 9: am.

 

The morning light just reached my eyes. And I woke up to realize that I am in Dr.Rhodes house over a hard table and besides me was a weird leather bag. The house was beautiful with its pinkish blue color and trees all around. It was a cool environment, with a mild sun shine. The inside of the house was a real library, books everywhere.

I had a bad feeling for this day. Of course I hate this day. Then I saw him rushing from the bathroom towards me. And it was Mr. Rhodes.

 

[Mr. Rhodes a.k.a. the crypt raider-

Rhodes is the professor of archaeology department from Puerto Rica. He was a total bookworm, reading every title he got his hands from a-z. And yes, he is a hard core fan of Indiana Jones. You can probably guess he spends his most of time in libraries, because he does...

For about one year he was trying to find out the Cerr’s diamond that was buried along with Cerr Hanley, a witch.

And now he found that her tomb was underneath a church, where she was under the supervision of Jesus. And Dr.Rhodes was curious to bring that diamond.   ]

 

 

He took me and the bag from the table and rushed to his car. He looked around for his wife; she was supposed to wait at the car for him. And to the left of him, she was reclined to a nearby wall. And that was Mrs. Betsy�"

 

 

[Mrs. Betsy a.k.a. Lazy bones

 

We can depict her character basing on the name, eh?

Betsy was an honest and a perfect wife for Rhodes as she always accompany in his adventures.

She likes long journeys, as there will be abundant time to take rest and in another way- no need to work for home.  She talk less, walk less, and smack less… ]

 

 

And now as he entered the car, Betsy also joined him. He started the car and he looked at her and said,

“Are you angry at me for being late dear?” asked Rhodes.

“What makes you think so?” said Betsy.

“Nothing! You are just keeping mum and I think so” said Rhodes.

“Huh. Come on rhody, I am always like that” she replied.

“…... anyway are you sure about that tomb?” after a pause she asked.

“Indeed. I will move unless I am confirmed. You know that. I read and explored that dear. Don’t worry we will be back in no time. And you can have your time with the diamond. Ok”

 

All the way they talked about the diamond and its importance. Also they argued about their morning’s breakfast.

 

 

Still they have to drive 1 km to reach the church. While in the journey, Dr.Rhodes suddenly stopped the car just after staring at the road. There was a man in the middle of the road asking for a lift. Here comes Stanley-

 

[Stanley a.k.a. the temper Stan

 

Anger-managing instructor (AMI) �" if you get anger at any circumstances, you say this word ‘Rester Calmaaaaa’ (stay calm in German).

Stan �"  rooster Calmaaaaa?

AMI �" no no its rester calmaaa

Stan �" rest in commaaaa……

AMI �" its not coma…its calmaaaaaa

Stan �" ok…rest in calmaaaa

AMI �" not rest… rester calmaaaaa…

Stan �" (Shouting…)stop it fool…Are you trying to make me angry or what? You stupid, jackass, filthy moron!”

AMI just gazed at him!   ]

 

 

On seeing Rhodes car stopped, Stan walked towards him. Rhodes dropped his window and Stan came to him and asked,

“Sir! My car suddenly gave me trouble. Will you please drop me at the upcoming gas station?”

“Oh… sure! Get in” said Rhodes.

Then Stanley went to his car and took his luggage-a green bag and a small suitcase. He went in front of the car opened the front door of his car. In the front seat, Stan’s friend was in deep asleep. And that sleeper was- John.

 

[John a.k.a.  The dubious John a.k.a. Question bank

 

John �" “Hey Stan! Why do you call me question bank? Am I asking lots of questions?

When do you start noticing this? And what else do you think about me?

Am I still annoying you Stan?”

 

Stan �" oh jeez! Lots of questions again!  ]

 

 

Stanley hit john hard enough to wake him up. John woke up all of a sudden and looked at Stanley and asked

“What happened Stan? Am I sleeping too much?”

“We are going in another car.”

“Ok. Can I sleep there?”

“Sure you can!” said Stan and took john with him to the Rhodes car. The car started as both of them got in.

“Hi. I am Stanley. And..???????????” asked Stan to Rhodes.

“Yeah...I am Rhodes, professor of archaeology and this is Betsey” shook hand with Stan and showed Betsey to him, but she was already in deep sleep.

“Never mind she was li’l busy this morning-eating and etcetera etcetraa...”said Rhodes.

“So, where are you heading professor?”

On my small research work to the church over there. And you?

 

 

 

“Yeah..Simple to say! I um...Am leaving with my girl friend to Mexico. I have to wait for her at that station. She is supposed to come there at 10.00 am….(looking at watch) Oh god I am late already, can you drive faster please sir!” said Stan.

“So, good day today, Have fun son” said Rhodes and accelerated up. Shwooooooooooom..

 

So, we are here at the gas station now!

 

Both Stan and john dropped down at the station along with their luggage.

“Thanks dude!” said john to Rhodes.

“Hey hey….don’t call me dude!” said Rhodes

“Okay….okay....sorry dude!” said john again.

Rhodes looked at john seriously and then Stan interfered.

“Don’t mind him…he was bit crazy. Anyway thanks professor... and good luck over there” said Stan.

“Good luck to you too kid” and Rhodes went up the road.

 

 

                      *             *               *

 

 

The gas station also has a convenience store attached. They both entered the supermarket in order to find the owner of that filling station. But the mall was empty. No one’s there. Suddenly, they heard sounds from inside-

 

Hooh…haah…kyaaaah…DHAAAAM…CRACKLES…please leave me…no…I am not going spare you for what you did………please…you die now…haaaaaahhhaaaa………DHUBBB……”

 

Stan and john ran inside and followed that sound, at last they stopped at one room. Stan slowly opened the door, where a man was standing in the pose of a fighter. He looked unusual with a red dress on him. Stan looked at him confusingly. And we can call him-

Bob Matthews.

 

[Bob a.k.a. the movie freak

 

Huh…I don’t think we need much introduction for this fellow…and we can notice that shortly, how much he love movies…This infamous Bob owns this convenience store after late Kevin Matthew who died in an Accident while fixing the antenna for Bob’s TV. From then Bob hates PBS for taking his father’s life, so he didn’t watch TV

(Sad for a movie freak). But he got an ultimate collection of movies that he would die for! Man’s different after all ]

 

What the heck are you doing?” asked Stanley looking confused at him. He slowly returned back from that position and said in a low husky voice-

“I …um...I am just …just imitating Ben Affleck form dare devil.”

“What ..???!!.... of course I can see that” said Stan.

“He is nuts” referred john by observing him.

 

“Hi sir, I am Bob……present possessor of this store and station. Sorry for the weird           introduction…um…Am I good in that Affleck pose, sir?” asked.

“Yeah you are really good, you should have acted in that film rather than Affleck” teased john. But he did not find it teasing, but praising. And they walked outside for fresh air, since there is no power in the store. The country decided to cut the power for remote areas so that they can save some. The power will be lost 4 hours in morning and 3 hours in evening.

“What can I do to you sir?” asked bob.

“What do you have, Mr.Bob?”

“Anything for the highway riders. Charging docks for Rechargeable BEV’s, gasoline, Convenience  store and junk food like candy, burritos. Except warehouse clubs and a motel, anything” he replied.

“How about a beer? I need one!” said Stanley.

“Yeah…one more for me Ben Affleck” asked john.

Yelling ok, Bob went in. Stanley looked at the road for his girl friend. He fell in love with her 2 years back. Everyone even Stanley was amazed how a pretty and rich girl like her fell for him. The only answer anyone can give is- he is honest and he doesn’t care about her money. His friends thought its pure luck. Only john thought that they were made for each other. So, Stanley and john were still together (generally after college, relations become dull, ain’t it?).

 

Bob brought beer for both of them and asked again, “what else?”

“Nothing…” said Stan and reminding something, he called bob and said,

“I think you know…l… Lucy. She was here yesterday. She said that you helped her when the car gave trouble.”

“Yeah…Miss Lucy... I know her…she looks like Drew Barrymore”

“Good,………uh…. we are leaving today from here. She said me to come here and I am supposed to wait here.” said Stan.

“That was awesome……you are lucky sir! She is really beautiful. ” said bob.

“Thank you bob. We are going to Mexico.” said Stan and again he called bob,

“One small service for me Bob. John’s car punctured on the way, it’s near Greenwich turns. Can you arrange someone to fix that and bring it back here? John has to leave in that.”

“Oh, sure. There was this guy called Neil. He is working nearby. I will arrange him for you. Your car will be here in an hour so” said bob.

“Thanks “

“Don’t mention it Brosnon” said Bob and went inside to call Neil.

 

          *           *             *



© 2010 Dr.Vishnu


Author's Note

Dr.Vishnu
Do u like his type of presentation?

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

So totally love it! Super funny, super interesting!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 17, 2010


Author

Dr.Vishnu
Dr.Vishnu

Tirupathi, India



About
Writing is My Passion..Its the everyday breath I live through by.. more..

Writing
NIGHT 365 NIGHT 365

A Story by Dr.Vishnu