9. The Ultimate Departure

9. The Ultimate Departure

A Chapter by Dr.Vishnu
"

of ?

"


 

 

           The dombies were inside the butchery. Some of them climbed in to the office room. Dr.rhodes also climbed into the office room. He was just roaming in the room. Just beneath the room, Stanley and others were preparing for the Buffalo-ride.

 Other dombies were searching for them.

In the cattle shed- they went in between those buffalos. Lucy found her buffalo and climbed it. After a few minutes, john also found a lazy buffalo. Bob was tied to a buffalo tightly with the help of a long cloth. His hand was still bleeding. He should manage with one hand and with the blood loss; he went in to state of tiredness already. Wills went to the door that opens outside from the cattle room. The doors were big, so that at a time 6 or more buffaloes can sneak out. Their riding position is not so comfortable, as the buffalos are moving always. They were balancing well on them.

  Then Stanley went to one of the buffalo, climbed on it and grabbed it. Then he took me and threw it to john who was in the middle of all.

“John, Shoot out a bullet. Wills, open the door as soon as john fires. Okay ready!” shouted Stanley.

“Ok, on the count of three wills!” shouted John saying to wills. Wills nodded his head.

Then john held me up in to the air, pointing to the office room and

“One………Two…..is everyone okay right?” asked John for confirmation.

“Don’t you stop in the middle of the count, John. Continue!” shouted Lucy.

 

          The dombies heard this shouting thing and ran towards the cattle room. and Dr.rhodes was wandering in the office room. He heard the shouting too and leant forward to hear it more clearly.

“Three!” shouted John and fired a bullet in to the air. The bullet came out of the gun at a speed of 220kmph and went through the wooden floor of the office room. And it straightly pierced in to the Rhodes right eye. My second bullet! Again my owner! WTF! I have disgraced myself. I will never have a family, if I do like this to my owners.

 

     With the firing, all the buffaloes startled and panicked. Then wills opened the door subsequently. The buffaloes ran hectic out of the cattle room. Wills caught a buffalo and jumped on to it. Along with the buffaloes, Stanley, Lucy and wills escaped to outside. John’s lazy buffalo was not moving. Then he remembered Stanley’s Don’t poke them , just brush them.

John took out his pen and poked it firmly on the back. The buffalo ran out of the room faster than others.

    Bob was unconscious on his buffalo. Others didn’t notice him in the hurry. Bob’s buffalo also ran out.

Outside in the field, the dombies were trying to stop them. But the buffaloes were kicking the dombies that were coming in the way.

 Bob’s buffalo slowed down. it almost stopped in the middle of the filed. Then from no where the skinless buffalo came running to it. With a great hit, the skinless buffalo knocked out the Bob’s buffalo. Bob fell on the ground. He was still unconscious. Nobody noticed him.

John’s buffalo was running forcefully towards the church. Others were also aimed to the church. With all the buffaloes in the filed it was like a buffalo-race.

Wills buffalo was bouncing with panic. Its hump was hitting hard on his bums. He couldn’t tolerate the pain, and so he was screaming, “Oooooh….aaaahhh…don’t jump you*beep*..aaahhh”

John reached the church, but the buffalo was still running.  It was taking a round to the church. The other buffalos were following john’s buffalo.

John saw a big door to the side of church. This can be the way!

John jumped from the buffalo and fell rolling on the ground. He stood up and looked at the entrance.

There were no dombies here. Within a moment, the follower group of buffaloes crossed john.  Stanley, Lucy and wills also jumped from the buffaloes and fell rolling in front of him.

They looked at the entrance and started to move; then they remembered Bob.

“Where is he?” asked Stanley.

“Didn’t see him anywhere in the journey!” replied wills.

Stanley held his head with both of his hands.

 

 

        *                            *                                  *

 

 

 They were standing in the party hall before a group of dombies. The party-ware dombies! Stanley looked all around and looked at wills. Wills showed him an east entrance with the eyes.

The dombies observed them for a second and ran towards them. In the nick of time, wills ran to the east entrance, that was the entrance in to the prayer hall.

            They ran and ran and ran. The dombies were behind them. Wills ran in to the prayer hall. Others followed him. They stopped on seeing the dombies in the prayer hall. And they understood that they were doomed. In a moment the dombies ran towards them. Wills looked on the opposite side of the room. There was a room. He thought it was the bell-room. So, he started running faster to that room. The dombies were trying to catch them. But with the blessings of Jesus, they got in to the room. Just before dombies tried to enter the room, they closed its big wooden doors.

They opened a small peep holed window in the wall and looked in to the hall. Now the hall was filled with Dombies, Looking forward to kill them.

 Then wills looked the room keenly and he looked up- IT WASN’T THE BELL ROOM. It’s the other room. He caught his head and collapsed down. Others didn’t understand the situation until he explained them. Now, it’s the biggest fault they have ever done. Wills have ever done! What to do now? The bell room adventure is at last unreasonable. Everything ends up here .it shouldn’t be. There should be another way. Jesus! Please help us!

 

 

               *                            *                                   *

 

 

       The sands were filling. Now, they have the diamond and they knew the path, but they were in wrong room. Bell room is not far away. It’s just by the side. But how to cross those dombies? Then Lucy looked above. The room was not completely surrounded by wall. It had a dent at the upper part. From the dent there was a chance to get out. There was a strong string attached from this room to the other end of the prayer hall. It’s the functional support of the church’s Bandore dome. There were several strings from different sides of church. Among them one is from this room. Observing that, Lucy thought- someone could go out of that dent and can divert those dombies. So that others can go in to the bell room.

 

 

So with that thought she turned to tell this to others. They were already looking at the dent. And they too thought of same thing. Before someone came to propose this thing, Stanley asked,

“I will go out of that room as bait, and you people can run to the bell room.”

“That was a good idea and we thought that too, but why you?” asked Lucy.

“Because I thought it first”, said Stanley.

“No you didn’t. I did, so I will go” said Lucy.

“Hey Lucy, I am the bad guy here. Let me go!” said Stanley and started to move.

“No, it’s me. It’s my entire fault to behave like an egoist in Neil’s matter. I should have told him, that it’s alarm-locked. That’s why this all happened!”, said Lucy in depressed tone.

“No, I started everything. If I didn’t upset you at your father’s matter first, this will be cool. It’s definitely my fault. Okay please let me go”

Suddenly wills interfered, “This is none of your fault. But mine. I escorted you to the wrong room. I should be the one to get punished. I am the bad guy here. I will go.”

“Stop it wills, without you we even can’t think of this far. You don’t understand, I am the bad guy. Please don’t stop me” said Stanley.

“No you are not bad guy Stan. You are the cutest of all. I am sorry, I understand. I made a mistake earlier”, said Lucy by coming nearer to Stanley.

“Don’t say sorry to me. I love you Lucy. And I never want you to leave me. I am sorry Lucy, very sorry. I won’t hurt your feelings again. I love you very much angel!”, said Stanley by coming more nearer to Lucy.

Lucy hold Stanley’s hand and said, “I Love you too Stan!”

Then in a second Stanley kissed Lucy on her lips by holding her face with his hands tightly. Lucy also held Stanley tightly with her hands encircling around his neck and chest. They kissed like that for a minute. Wills looked at them and felt happy.

“If I have a camera right now, I won’t miss this beautiful moment. Wonderful couple after all! Isn’t it?” said wills and turned towards john. But there was no john. He looked all around and looked up. John was climbing the wall towards the dent. Wills shouted, “John!”

With that Stanley and Lucy became conscious and looked up. Seeing john, Stanley went mad.

 

“John, what are you doing?” shouted Stanley.

“Don’t worry guys. I can do this”, said John.

“John, don’t be stupid. We can think other way, come down”, Lucy also shouted. John reached the dent and he was ready to sacrifice himself.

“You Stupid, come down first. We will talk…..uh…john please don’t do this!” shouted satnley in a rage. He was very much tensed and in pretty much angry on john for doing this thing. He wanted to persuade john, but…

“There is no other way out Lucy. This is the only way”, shouted back john. John was also very much afraid of doping this thing. He hates dying. But he thought already. They need wills for the path. And if he didn’t do this, Stanley will definitely do this. So, john had no choice. He couldn’t lose his best friend or his best friend’s girl friend.

Mr. Question bank aka dubious john was very confident in this aspect- ‘I made the perfect decision now’

So no one could influence john to leave the idea.

John held the rope and started to swing to the other side of prayer hall. Others were shouting to come down. Stanley cried, “John, please don’t do this”

Seeing that, john’s eyes became wet. He understood that Stanley loves him so much. John was very much upset in making his friend cry, but he was also proud for sacrificing himself for the friend. John’s tone changed- mixed with fear, sorrow, sorry and pride. With that tone he said,

]

“Happy to see you as a pair again. Bye Stan. Bye Lucy. Bye wills” said John and slipped through the rope. In a matter of seconds, there was no john.

 Stanley closed his eyes tightly and Lucy’s eyes were filled tears. Wills patted on Stanley’s shoulders and murmured, “Sorry friend.”

John slipped all the way through the prayer hall and to divert the dombies he shouted, “Hooooooh….ha hah …Here, here!”

With that big echoing sound the dombies looked john. John was dropped at the other side of the hall. He then ran to one corner where there is a pillar with sculptures of Hercules, Achilles, and other heroes,. All the dombies turned towards him. John felt -so this is it! No more plans. Just die…

And then suddenly he remembered Hollywood style of dying- fight till the end, die like a hero!

Thinking of that John took out the gun from his pocket and aimed at the group of dombies coming towards him. I am proud to be in John’s hands. He was the hero here. Let’s shoot some dombies.’- I am excited.

Then he looked at the room. They were not coming outside. Come on Stanley, run to bell room. Fast. I can’t hold them for long!

Then he pulled the trigger of the gun. The bullet came out of the gun and ran through the group. It went into a dombie’s hollow skull and left it. Then it crossed five more dombies, and then it pierced in to the RHODES left eye. Oh! My third Bullet. Dr. Rhodes bought this gun and bought these bullets, and now he got those bullets. This is what I have done to my beloved owner…

 Wills peeked at the situation outside through the window. All dombies were going towards John. There was enough room for them to run in to bell room. So wills came to Stanley and pulled

 

“We gotta go or there would be no reason for john to do this!”

Hearing that, Stanley and Lucy stood up and came to door. They gently opened the door and looked. No dombie is observing. Right time. Wills, Stanley and Lucy ran towards the bell room. John looked at them. They were leaving to Bell room. They went in to it and closed the doors. John felt happy that they were safe. But dombies were still coming towards him. Then he kept his gun to his temple. Suddenly he looked at all the dombies. He smiled. He nodded his head. He threw me away. I flew some distance and fell on the floor, slid under to an antique table. The dombies were almost over him. Some dombies opened their wide mouth to bite and kill John. With fear and tension, John closed his eyes.

 

 

       *                            *                           *

 



© 2010 Dr.Vishnu


Author's Note

Dr.Vishnu
One more chapter that finalises it..

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Poor John :'( And that's three bullets right? Wonder how it ends.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 17, 2010
Last Updated on September 17, 2010


Author

Dr.Vishnu
Dr.Vishnu

Tirupathi, India



About
Writing is My Passion..Its the everyday breath I live through by.. more..

Writing
NIGHT 365 NIGHT 365

A Story by Dr.Vishnu