Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Lost and Not Quite Found.

Lost and Not Quite Found.

A Chapter by eccath
"

Corrisa and Melony find each other, and each can;t find their guardian.

"
I pulled a grimy, dirt encrusted hand from my side, and sheilded my face from the sun. I squinted, because I had lost my glasses some where in the mess. Where could my mother be in a place like this? I walked around some more and found my self studying the ground. I found, that if I looked closely, I could almost pick out the faces of people I new. In a small pile of rubble, I found Uncle Charlie's face. Near the plane wing (which was blocked off by police and caution tape) I found my soon-to-be-aunt Clara, and it was only until I came apon an unearthed concrete slab with my mother's face, that I remembered that I was looking for her. 
I turned in a new direction, ready to continue my avid search, when I felt a warm and sweaty hand on my bare shoulder. My pulse quickened as I wheeled around facing Melony. I put a hand to my chest, showing Melony my shock. 
"You scared me! Don't you know not to sneak up on someone at a time like this?" My harsh joking quickly ceased when I saw tears in Melony's eyes. "What happened?" But I was cut off by lots of screaming and shouting. The left wing was loose and had fallen off, creating a loud bang, scattering rubble, debris and people everywhere. Firemen quickly jumped to the wing, playing superhero, while the police blocked off the area with what must have been their 500th role of caution tape. 
Melony grabbed my grundgy hand and dragged me over to a shouting police that was hollering 
"All living plane passengers need to group up over here! Doctors will examine you and we'll send you home once... once, we uh- find out where exactly we are." Melony and I exchanged looks of disdain. The surrvivors formed a line for the five doctors on duty sent from... well, no one actually knew where they came from, and they sure were dressed oddly. Each doctor was wearing a grass skirt, and tattered dress shirt. They wore gladiator styl flip-flop type shoes and their appearence was rather exotic. 
"My mother... I cant find her! And my little sister, Julie is missing!" Melony whispered to me through her tears. "My mother is missing too." I said in a voice just above a whisper. "I wonder where they are. They couldn't have gone far, seeing as this whole place is blcoked off. And if they were injured wouldn't we know?" I scanned the crowd, while reassuring my self and Melony these things. "Stay close to me will you Corrisa?" Melony clung to me, and when I looked at her, she seemed so much younger then a girl of 13. More like 5. It was weird how fatal accidents could bring out the other side of people. 
"Name?" Asked the "doctor" in front of me. In all my worry, I hadn't noticed I reached the front of the line. "Corrisa Keithler." 


© 2010 eccath


Author's Note

eccath
Sorry, I had to stop so abruptly there! I have to go! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This sounds good. I will be waiting for the continuation.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on April 27, 2010
Last Updated on April 27, 2010


Author

eccath
eccath

Cincinnati, OH



About
I more..

Writing
My Moment My Moment

A Story by eccath


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by eccath