Chapter4: The Examination

Chapter4: The Examination

A Chapter by eccath
"

Melony and Corrisa are examined by said "doctors" and.. well I'll give away too much if write this! :)

"
The "doctor" nodded curtly and motioned for me to step inside a makeshift tent of thin, dried bamboo. 
I took a shaky breath, afraid of what was to come. The "doctor" motioned for me to follow his finger with my eyes and wondering as I did so: Why doesn't he talk? Does he note speak English? This question was answered when he began to examine my knees.     
"You have a mild gash in your left knee." I stiffened at these words, but the "doctor" only said to relax, and he would take care of it. I took another deep breath and steadied my torsoe as he cleaned the graze and wrapped it tightly with gauze. 
"How did all of these doctors and firemen get here?" I asked nonchalently. The"doctor" gurnted. "Well...?" He looked around cautiously as if he was not supposed to be telling me anything. "We crashed as well. Many, many years ago. I was only a boy of 15. We were headed home from Germany when out of no where, the plane just... plunged. I was in my seat at the time, so luckily I surrvived. My father did not, and my brother Hedly lived for a couple days before his wound was infected and he died of Hepititis." I gupled. The "doctor" patted my good knee reassuringly. "Don't worry. You're in good hands." I smiled, relieved. "We live just off the coast of Formosa Auqua, a small bay. I live in a tribe called Lilliputian Village." "You have tribes? Like indian tribes?" I asked, shocked that these people lived this way. "Yes, we live in tribes. Each tribe consists of about 20 people. There are five tribes. Eachtribe is in charge of cooking their own meals and fending for themselves." "How are there so many of you?" "Eh, we reproduce." My face reddend as the doctor explained further. "In the tribes, you are allowed to mate, as we call it. If you marry your partner, then there is a contest between the newly weds. The most beautiful couple who can produce the prettiest baby, will be the couple chosen to bare five children." 
Just then, someone knocked on the tent flap. "You done in there Mica?" I took this as my que to leave, and stood, exiting throught the tent flap.
"Bye Mica. Thank you for explaining." "Listen Corrisa, don't repeat anything I told, right?" I nodded. I knew that promise would be broken quickly. 
*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*)*
"And get this- they have tribes!" I said five minuets later, as I met up with Melony outside her tent. Melony's eyes had widened when I told her how all these other people had arrived. "The accident must have been at leat 40 years ago. You said, your doctor Mica was fifteen when it happened right?" "Yes, so the crash was in 1968!" "Wow, these people are old. Well, except the ones that are reproduced."
We walked around the cut off area for survivors, which wasn't ver big at all. It consisted of 4 trees providing shade, and a bay. Formosa Auqua Bay. If I squinted really hard, I could just make out Mica's village, Lilliputian Village. 
It began to grow dark and cold. Someone had gathered dry birch leaves, and one of the natives gave them a match to start a fire. As we gathered in a group of survivors, Melony and I didn't see our mothers. Only unfamiliar faces and unwelcoming attitudes. There was gossip flying around our miniscule camp area about how the plane crashed and how the natives arrived. I didn't know any thing about our plane, but I did know about the natives. 
"I heard that this was where Adam and Eve were placed!" Shouted one bouysterous lady. "Yes!" Shouted another. "And Eve had ten children. Five girls and five boys." Like I said, things were flying around, none of which were true, but the people believed it anyway. 


© 2010 eccath


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Oop. :( Thanx for the tip though!

Posted 14 Years Ago


very good! My favorite chapter is Chapter 3.
One note, a spelling mistake. "Minuets" is not correct, it's actually "minutes." I've noticed that in some of your chapters in CLU.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
2 Reviews
Added on April 27, 2010
Last Updated on April 27, 2010


Author

eccath
eccath

Cincinnati, OH



About
I more..

Writing
My Moment My Moment

A Story by eccath


Dreams Dreams

A Poem by eccath