Six: Almost

Six: Almost

A Chapter by MaryP

I was turning my mind off, numbing my senses when I heard it. My saviour. My mind flashed to Rob, he’d come back to help me. But it wasn’t his voice. I realised quickly who it was. I breathed out relaxing quickly. I was going to be okay. He would help me.

                “Who you got there?” Ben slurred. Nick released my lips from his for a second to smirk at Ben. I was about to scream but Mark clamped his hand over my mouth. Ben grinned at the obvious fear in my eyes. No, he must be joking. He wouldn’t just leave me here.

                I was in denial. My brain wouldn’t accept that Ben wasn’t here to help me. He was on Nick’s side. He wanted to…hurt me as well. I couldn’t bring myself to even think the word.

                “Look how scared she is,” Nick laughed drunkenly at Ben. Ben joined in the laughter. This was actually funny to them. This was a game. I squeezed my eyes shut and opened them again. I was still here. In the middle of a nightmare. I would wake up in my bed, safe.

                I closed my eyes again and tried desperately to block out what was about to happen to me. My body gave up, my arms flopped at my sides and I gave up. Nick moved to the side probably to let Ben have a closer look. He let go of my mouth for a second but that was long enough. My brain finally caught up. The survival instincts kicked in and I screamed the one word that I knew would help me.

                “Rob,” I shouted louder than I knew I could. As soon as the word left my mouth they jumped back. Their movement was too late Rob was already standing at the door. He quickly analysed the scene in front of him. If the position they were standing in hadn’t given them away then the look of horror on my face would have.

                Rob’s eyes flashed red and Alice stood next to him her mouth the shape of a perfect ‘O’. Rob crossed the space between us in a second. Within the next second he was standing in front of me. Ben attempted to say something. How he was planning to defend himself I don’t know, but it didn’t matter, Rob lunged at him. Ben fell to the floor his lip bleeding. Nick pulled Rob off but he just turned around and swung at Nick. Ben stood up swaying slightly and ran back into the house. Rob grabbed Nick’s neck and pinned him up against the window I had just been pinned against. His face was twisted in anger.

                “I should kill you…Don’t you dare touch her again…Or I swear I will…I'll…” Rob seemed to struggle to get the words out through his clenched teeth. Rob dropped Nick on the floor, he tried to get up too quickly so he fell. Rob kicked him hard and Nick clawed his way up the wall and wobbled towards the inside of the house.

                The party inside didn’t seem to have been affected by the monstrous incident out here. I was looking through the window at the party inside when the situation crashed down on me. What would have happened. What almost did happen. I felt dirty. I felt sick. I don’t know what happened, one second I was looking at Alice walking towards me asking something. Then the noise seemed to disappear like someone had pressed mute on a television. Then suddenly I had slumped to the ground. Everything went black.



© 2011 MaryP


Author's Note

MaryP
This one's quite short, still hope you enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

162 Views
Added on January 2, 2011
Last Updated on January 2, 2011


Author

MaryP
MaryP

United Kingdom



About
If you would not be forgotten as soon as you are dead, either write things worth reading or do things worth writing - Benjamin Franklin I love writing. I love the swirl and swing of words as they .. more..

Writing
Clifftop Clifftop

A Poem by MaryP