a crack in the sky

a crack in the sky

A Poem by jacob erin-cilberto


a crack in the sky

 

 

it is raining so hard

I am swimming in tears

rumbles of memories

always on the edge of the storm

 

the skies have no chance

to find sun

and the lightning

does too much more than

enlighten.

 

 

erin-cilberto

8/3/23

© 2023 jacob erin-cilberto


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

The lightning reveals our fears falling like tears. And if it's thunder our heart hears, closer or further than the light appears, it must be the memories we've shared for years.

billigami

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

thank you, sir...appreciate your extended visit and kind reviews.
j.
'Everytime it rains / You're here in my head ...' Plenty of rain here in Bristol UK Jacob, even though the national newspapers keep predicting a heatwave. I liked this a lot - Excellent ✨️✨️✨️✨️✨️

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

Thank you, red,
j.
Jacob,

You have no idea just how poignant this piece of your wounded heart set to pen of page actually is to my life lived differently and concerning different people and circumstances, whilst filled with all too many wounds as pools of tears that never ever really run dry and flood to overflowing from time to time of remembering those times wherein Life chose to wound my own heart via events which I could not control, or sought to control in making matters worse as a sort of type of self-mutilation of my own damn heart in the process of that withal trying to survive this life ... Powerful words that left me feeling that downpour of drenching rain, and the electrical sizzle's ionization in the air that signals the painful jolt to come in a flash that always ends in reverberation's sensations of a terrifying thunderclap ...

Marve

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

Oh geez, sorry, Marve...didn't meant to cause painful feelings.
j.
The sky is cracked and the rainfall is heavy. It won’t rain for ever. Eventually a shaft of golden sunlight will filter through to find you. Beautiful, though sad dear J.

Chris

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

thank you for your kind words, Chris,
j.
If you could set this one to rhyme, you'd have a first rate country music song. I'm so lonely I could cry.

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

a little B.J. Thomas maybe?
jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

I am hearing that lonesome whiporwill....
I am swimming in tears, because the sky is cracked. Not long woke up and opened the door to check the weather. My foot figured it out before I did, as I sloshed in the puddle, but the rest of me quickly woke up after that!
I just hope my soggy slipper pulls through. 😊
I hope a sun filled day is on its way to you my friend, to brighten the picture a bit more.

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

it is still storming here...will be sloshing most of the day, I imagine.
Thanks, Lorry,
If love fell from the skies, dark or light, the weather wouldn't matter at all. Sad it seems, to feel the pain of emptiness. Funny that empty can feel like something, but it does and trust me, a bucket filled with tears does nothing to change it.

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

thank you for your insightful words, will,
j.
Wow, so much said in your short poem. I love the comparison of the tears and the storm. Very effective.

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

Thank you, Norma, for your kind words,
j.
Tears, rain; skies, sun; lightning, enlightening. I like this, J.

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

Thank you, Andrew!
Whilst the weather can dictate human moods.. we can only accept what it gives, sends: in this case, sadly, sinking behind and before the dawn. Words to ponder, jacob .

Posted 9 Months Ago


jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

Thank you, dear em.
j.
jacob erin-cilberto

9 Months Ago

Love the avatar..I like all the reflection in it, much like a deep poem.

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

286 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 10, 2023
Last Updated on August 10, 2023

Author

jacob erin-cilberto
jacob erin-cilberto

Carbondale, IL



About
Originally from Bronx, NY, I live in Carbondale, Illinois...teach English at a community college and have been writing and publishing poetry since 1970. I am here to read for inspiration from other po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Not in Vain Not in Vain

A Chapter by Dave Brown