A smashed flower on the sidewalk

A smashed flower on the sidewalk

A Poem by fattycbreezy52


A smashed flower on the sidewalk-

Overused,discarded and dirty.

Crushed under the elephantine and branded shoes,

Smelling like a mean-spirited egg,cracked carelessly on the floor.

Which hand may have dropped,by mistake.

Intentional or unintentional,

Whatever be the case.

It has lost it’s enchanting airs.

An incense which made a smell every now and then

A thing which multiplied and created many such kinds

Is now merged with dust and dirt

Which we all despise.

© 2015 fattycbreezy52


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Turning ordinary day to day happenings to extraordinary poems with bold and picturesque imagery is your speciality. You're absolutely marvellous! Keep growing! :)

A smashed flower on the sidewalk-
Overused,discarded and dirty.
You always come to the point quickly and I love that ''matter-of-fact'' way of yours. ''Overused'', discarded'' and ''dirty'' are really strong and impressive words. A most commendable choice. :)

Crushed under the elephantine and branded shoes,
''Elephantine'' is such a nice word to set up a contrast between the fragile flower and the shoes of careless people. ''Branded'' impresses the situation upon one's mind even better.

Smelling like a mean-spirited egg,cracked carelessly on the floor.
The weakness of the 'once beautiful and healthy' flower is so evident in this verse.

An incense which made a smell every now and then
A thing which multiplied and created many such kinds
The beauty of the flower in the past is very well expressed in these verses. We should never ever disrespect or underestimate the importance of something. :)

Is now merged with dust and dirt
Which we all despise.
So very true! :)

As much as I've read your poems, you tend to take small things and bring them to the notice of others in order to show their importance. Though the poem can be read in other contexts e.g with the flower being a person who is heartbroken after having been treated like trash and indeed is in such a state that one does see him/her as no more than trash or the universal notion that humans will return to dust in the end with the verse ''.....merged with dirt and dust'' suggesting burial, but I'd prefer to read it in the obvious context. Considered the way it appears outwardly, I love the way you've depicted how someone dishonoured a beautiful ''little'' thing like a flower - little but tremendously beautiful and with huge potential. Your observance of the triflest things is remarkable and the poem is truly amazing. I love it. Absolutely. :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


fattycbreezy52

8 Years Ago

And your reviews....! I don't know how to thank you enough. .You always try to comprehend each and e.. read more
Bushra Naqshbandi

8 Years Ago

Thank you for such heart warming praise. I honestly love reading your poems. Keep growing! :)
A sad poem for the flower. I feel the reflection of life in your words.
"Which hand may have dropped,by mistake.
Intentional or unintentional,
Whatever be the case.
It has lost it’s enchanting airs."
It is sad when beautiful things are abused and destroyed. Thank you for sharing the amazing poetry.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


fattycbreezy52

8 Years Ago

a good way of reading that.....Thanks again:)
Coyote Poetry

8 Years Ago

I enjoyed the poetry. We want poetry that make the reader think. This poem did and you are welcome.
Nicely done, dear Fatty.
Some of us are like this flower and our lives all end the very same, in the dust and dirt.
Thank you for sharing this stirring imagery.

Posted 8 Years Ago


fattycbreezy52

8 Years Ago

thanks a lot :)
Misery

8 Years Ago

You are welcome, dear poet.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

992 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 4, 2015
Last Updated on October 4, 2015

Author

fattycbreezy52
fattycbreezy52

About
Music,dancing,singing,acting,dubbing,writing and playing with voices are my areas of specialization/existence. Being a Literature student,my love for Keats,Coleridge and Blake led me all the way to t.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Commercial Commercial

A Poem by Ana B.


Repetition Repetition

A Poem by Ana B.


~Period. ~Period.

A Poem by Frieda P