Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Fenix Flight
"

The eyes tell more then words or actions

"
           Dragging herself out of bed she quickly gets dressed. Rage was slowly filling her veins like ice water. How Dare he do this to her! She felt humiliated and used, her face slowly growing red. How could he use her like that after everything he said to her? Overwhelmed with a sudden wave of heartbreak she falls back onto her bed in fit of tears. Her sorrow was short lived, for her father had opened the door. 

          “Lillian, why are you still in bed? You are supposed to go see lord Ralf at his work today!” he practically yelling. “Get over there!” She groaned and got out of bed, noticing she was still a bit sore from last night. She made a quick pace out of her house, but as soon as she was clear of view, she slowed down. She had very little interest in actually getting there, hell, dreaded getting there. 

           What if Ralf could see the guilt on my face? See in it what I've had done? She shutters but keeps on moving. 

            She finally arrived at his office after what felt like hours, although it was only around fifteen minutes. She pauses once more before she opens the door to the building, letting out a sigh, and opens it. She enters the building quickly heading for his office and opens the door. A gasp escaped her lips, for there sitting in a chair across from Ralf, was Dante. 

            “what seems to be the matter my darling?” Ralf said, looking almost genuinely concerned. She shook her head around before she replied,

            "nothing. Just… nothing.” her eyes locked back on Dante, who met her gaze with a hidden smile. Instantly, all the hatred she had felt for him was gone. She could see in his eyes that he did truly care about her after all. Her thought was interrupted however. 

              “do you two know each other?” Ralf asked with a rather curious face.  Immediately, Dante replied, 

               “why yes actually, you introduced us at the ball my lord.” 

                “oh, why yes, of course. Now I remember,” though it was clear he did not. 

                 “well Lillian my dear, Dante here has been working for me for a few weeks now. He has made my job… easier shall we say,” his face went into a big, dark grin. Lillian looks back at Dante, knowing exactly what lord Ralf so cleverly tried to hide. Dante could not meet her gaze, whether it was out of shame or professional courtesy, she could not tell. Dante stood up. 

                 “I think I shall take my leave. Im sure you two must have plans and I won’t keep you.” Dante bowed to Ralf, then took Lillian’s hand and kissed it tenderly. 

                  “goodbye my lady”, he said, then walked out the door. Ralf walk over and took her hand. 

                   “come my dear, we have plans for lunch.”


© 2014 Fenix Flight


Author's Note

Fenix Flight
My Fiance Wrote this

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

84 Views
Added on June 5, 2014
Last Updated on June 5, 2014


Author

Fenix Flight
Fenix Flight

Kingdom Of Amythest, ME



About
Please Call me Fenix (Fen-nicks) (The FEN is pronouced the same way you would pronouce the FEN in Fenway) its more my name then the one I was given at birth. I wont put my life story here. You will se.. more..

Writing