Chapter One, Part Three

Chapter One, Part Three

A Chapter by Flame DM

    It had been one grand ole battle, but in the end all she had to show for it was sitting a pile or rotting hay and rusted jail cell bars. She smiled contently to herself; a piece of hay was presently on her lips like she was a western farmer living her dream. Rotten hay for a bed wasn’t so bad, she had been in worse. The past two years of her life she was sleeping in dirt, and sometimes, oh praise the lord on those sometimes, she would sleep under corpses to conceal herself from her enemies. If she could sleep with the stench of rotting flesh seeping in her demon pours, by god she could sleep in rotten hay!

     The demon with stardust hair closed her eyes, her smile widening. She could picture it, that battle with the dragons. It had been sweet and vigorous! Now, only if she won she could boast to herself to let time pass by on how she almost beat a couple of dragons to the king! Instead she would have to settle on something not as great as that triumph, getting out of this jail cell before the Hull’s king figured what to do with her.
     Did she care?
     No. Of course not! The only thing that truly mattered was to follow the scent of the blood suckers. Those ruddy things sure travelled fast and the longer she stayed here, the harder it would be to catch up to them.
     How are you going to beat them when you do catch up to them?
     She shrugged to herself smugly. There had to be a good fighter around these parts somewhere. Someone she could easily get her hands on and trust her life too. Well, not trust her life too, but trust that they were stupid enough to die for her cause. A tool, yeah that was a good word for it, a tool was exactly what she needed. A living breathing tool and those blood suckers would be as good as hers.
     Her mind scattered away from those thoughts and returned to dragons. The past few days, even before entering town, her mind had been consumed with dragons! She didn’t understand why, and neither did she plan to figure out why, but her mind had gone dragon loco! It was the very reason she went into Dragon Forest and spent nearly four weeks to get out of it. That was a pretty damn big forest. She remembered walking by a village that day, that village had been on her mind a lot too, seeing people humbly walk around. But the one thing she vividly remembered was a girl who was about her age getting the snot kicked out of her by some old geezer. Zeera supposed that the girl was some sort of apprentice or something, she honestly didn’t care. What she did care about, however, was at that point when the girl was smashed across the face by the old man’s weapon. Zeera heard skin crack open, the sound was so horrible that it pierced through her dreams some nights, and dragon wings sprang out. They were covered in a coat of blood but they shook themselves off and then they just gleamed. That was all she remembered of that village. The next couple of days through her journey Zeera woke up to blood boiling screams from afar. She guessed something happened there.
     But if it had nothing to do with Zeera, it didn’t matter to her as well.
     Maybe all those dragon loconess was a sign of her battle with the Hull’s dragons. Those things, they were on steroids or something, too powerful for a normal dragon at least. She would know, her father and her had killed a couple of dragons back in the day when life was good. They didn’t even speak either; it was just mindless battle-to-the-death. And that wasn’t normal as well. Every dragon she ever knew tried to shove philosophy down her throat with their gifted ‘OOO look at me! I am sooo special’ way of talking.
     This kingdom was weird.
     The dragons were out of wack.
     And the king himself had something fishy up his sleeves.
     Maybe those god damn bloodsuckers did something. That seemed logical to her. They were the logic when the world went crazy.
     Maybe you have vampyre on the brain instead of dragon, Zeera? Ooo! Maybe the dragons are vampyres as well, did you ever think of that?
     She laughed. That would be silly, if that was the case she would have sniffed it on those steroid dragons when she fought them. But, it was an interesting thought. Nothing was certain when it came to those ruddy folk, like the reason they decided to mess with her!
     Nevertheless, she would let dragons and blood suckers be placed behind her. She would travel and things would become clearer when she was out of this smelly joint. And they said the Hull was a nice friendly place to stay! Well, that’s if the dragons want it to be nice! Zeera held her laughter and let her mind go blank. It was time to rest and she’d think of escape tomorrow.


© 2008 Flame DM


Author's Note

Flame DM
Snaps and craps my friends, snaps and craps!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i find this part creative but lacking detailed explanation in some parts overall it was fantastic!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good job on your book--or what I've read so far. Hope you keep up the GREAT work. Just one thing--and this is just like something small, if you don't change anything the story will still be great. The words that you're using--loco, wacky, some others, you know--seem a little common and dare I say overused? They just don't seem fantasy-like. But anyway, that's just my assumption.
Really good work.

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 9, 2008


Author

Flame DM
Flame DM

Hull



About
Hey! Not sure what to really put in my about me, but I'm just gonna wing it, so everyone just bare with me. I don't really give out my real name, sorry, buuut that's just the way it is. You can know m.. more..

Writing
Day One 12/15/09 Day One 12/15/09

A Chapter by Flame DM



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Part Six Part Six

A Chapter by Flame DM