How I saved the Red Wagon(and met a fake internet guy)

How I saved the Red Wagon(and met a fake internet guy)

A Chapter by JC Pruett

Yeah, so my sister calls me while I'm at work.  She says that some person contacted her through the MySpace thingy, and he wanted to meet her.  She was game for this, so long as I went along.  We discussed times and etc., and settled on breakfast at the Red Wagon.  We thought it might be interesting to meet one of those fake internet people you hear about.

  She knew that he would be wearing a tan GTE jacket; and he was tall, thin, and nerdy.  We got there, and I spied a guy that could have been him.  He was tan jacketed.  He was thinish.  He was bald and olderish.  Probably not our guy.  We entered the establishment, and saw another tan-jacket wearer.  He was thin and tall.  He could be him.  We looked at him.  He looked at us.  We stood at the entrance, looking like idiots.  Really cool idiots.  Then we went and sat down at another table. 

  We ordered food, and discussed if it was our guy.  What does a fake internet person look like?  We had never seen one in person.  We discussed these things loudly.  Saying "Sean" a few times.  Did I mention we said it loudly?  Nothing occured.  Then we remembered the GTE jacket thing.  A bit late there.  Finally, Laura said that she guessed she would go make an a*s of herself and ask if the guy was our guy.  She did this thing.  And it was!  He came to our table, and I ate.  Some talking occurred around here.  I'm sure it wasn't important.  And then, I was done eating. 

  More talking.  Probably nothing important.  Something about how Laura looked much less mean in person.  At some point, she had to show her ID to prove that she was, in fact, twenty-five.  About that time, I realized that our table was seated directly on a dragon's eye!  The only answer was a massive dose of feng shui, or else the fortunes of the restaurant would spiral forever downward.  So I did that thing.  I saved the resturant.  All in a day's work.  Oh yeah, they gave us the wrong toast!  It simply didn't match up!  The horror!

  After such a feat, I went for the camera to record our adventures.  Pictures taken, it was time to retire for a well-earned rest.  All in all, it was something I'll remember always.  It's good to have stories to tell your grandkids.



© 2008 JC Pruett


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

146 Views
Added on April 11, 2008