~Give Me My Wings~

~Give Me My Wings~

A Poem by Frieda P

...i run to catch you
          but your essence is fleeting
birds seem to know the answers
           that escape my reasoning
the heart took a rumble
               and the clouds darkened 
skies parted just to glimpse
               a glance of your grace
whilst doves sang hymns
            in light of your plight
i thought the story had ended
          but your flight had just begun
the writing on the wall read,
             'give me my wings, I'm coming home'

© 2013 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

this piece is so beautiful! i often think that the creatures that live around us in the world are far more aware of what is occurring in our world than even we are. maybe we ought to listen to those birds a bit more. your words here are so clandestine and give me the sense of a person's spirit living on long after their life has ended. with your words you give them wings, frieda! they may stay among us forever.

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Sweet thought Dana, thanks so much.



Reviews

Sad as always when you think of this terrible loss but you turn it into exquisite poetry and we all feel it with you Frieda. The song just crushed me for now!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

The music had the same effect on me last night, watched The Devil's Own and I was moved by it, this .. read more
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I meant thanks John....
Alone so much different from lonely, and home , oh my home, air ramp stairs down to the black tarmac, But home was in the dry Albuquerque air ,there behind the plastic wings, Captains Wings ,pinned on by him, the man in the nose, Yes Alone, small on top , on top of the world, T W A take me Home.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Not sure TWA flies there hon, thanks lee...
This write is definitely in a class of it's own. Wonderfully written, highly uplifting & spiritually inspirational. Great work Frieda. A compelling read. I'm adding this to my library. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Wow Bpoet, I'm adding your review to mine....thanks muchly! :-)
Beautiful, hun....yes , never stop seeing your beloved in the creases in cloud, the beating of wings, the whisper of wind.... it`s natural and good....and will do you good! P.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I'm trying sweet P, some days are easier than other's as you well know. xx
Hi Frieda. What a beautiful write and heartfelt piece. Poignant and touching. Skillfully crafted free verse which I always enjoy and you write it so beautifully. Vivid imagery, good flow and tone. Line to line transition and breaks are well done. Very nice rhythm and enjambment. Lovely metaphor. Very nice use of personification. Deep expression of emotion; there is poignancy blended with sadness and hope for this special love you lost... your sister, at peace has flown home. Good word choice; nice alliteration, assonance and consonance. You're words touched my heart. Well penned and a much enjoyed read. Write on!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Very touching response Shelley, thank you so much.
ShelleyA

10 Years Ago

You're very welcome Frieda. Have a great day!
As an ornithologist, (honest) I've got to say. Yes to this lovely song. Just Yes!. Its lovely Frieda.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Ah my friend, you've gone to the birds, thanks so much, the music moved my soul Ken.
Ken Simm.

10 Years Ago

Tweet tweet. I thought I saw a puddy tat!
...i run to catch you
but your essence is fleeting
birds seems to know the answers

Yes the birds and animals always provide a peace before the storm it seems...becomes quiet and peaceful.
an awe inspiring poem of remembrance...hugss



Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Glad you enjoyed it Rose, thanks so much. x
Your line "...your essence is fleeting..." So poignant. I interpreted this as the poet having to watch a beloved soul winging away to find the peace she could not find here. I hope the poet finds solace in these beautiful words. Masterful as always.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

I do hope she finally found peace at last minichinz, thanks so much for your kind words.
I feel the death and escapism in this sad and touching poem. A reference here to your beloved sisiter who is full of love and grace and you want to touch her beautiful essence to unite with her but your wings are fragile ...Almost teared up...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Grazie mille Sami, lots of emotions went into this write, so glad you enjoyed it my friend. :-)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

I know . I did...You are welcome...:)
What a good lovely write Frieda, you grab me already in your first three sentences... as it's true, we can't be in the flying world for real, we must have been sometimes there, maybe in the past, or in our afterlife, but what a beautiful thought.... it has just begun... so poignant, so yearning to be there, together... this is touching my dear friend... I get goosebumps of your exquisite quill.... sad so beautiful.... wow.

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

As your review touches me my dear Eli, thanks so much for such an insightful review. x

10 Years Ago

You're welcome cara.... x

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1383 Views
50 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on August 6, 2013
Last Updated on August 12, 2013
Tags: peace, wings, war, death, escape

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..