~serial reader

~serial reader

A Poem by Frieda P
"

...

"
Serial reader, 
vanquishes each poem in under a minute
no anguish in his surmise, 
must have found god or gotten wise
infers greatness in copy & paste
same old metaphors of grace
a notch above fluff's offense
used to spew disgust on cue
now he's the candy man,
cat let out of the bag...
purrfect timing


© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P
captcha ~ wandman

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

hahaha love the bullshit meter! This poem is so sassy! I love the name that you put to the BS reviewers, serial reader- makes them seem sinister and manipulative :) I can honestly say there isn't anything I dislike about this poem, it was clever and well written the whole entire way through! It's true, the best reviews are constructive, and point out the flaws in the piece. As writers, there is always room for improvement.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Seems everybody does, thanks for your review Ally, true story by the way. :)



Reviews

love the bullshit meter! love the form or the poem as well! and it be stylin' heading to my library....

Posted 8 Years Ago


Very classy! Subtle but straight to the point!

Posted 8 Years Ago


Nice presentation ma'am, really you have describe the little serial reader in all of us. Nice ending too. Thanks for sharing tate.

Posted 9 Years Ago


I wish there was such detector.... And the poem is a nice piece...nicely written

Posted 9 Years Ago


oh wow... great job getting that attitude out there in so few words and.. the reader can't help but get it! I loved it...

Posted 9 Years Ago


A wonderfully sassy poem to truly make your point here. My first read of the poem I wasn't sure about the last two lines, after reading them a few times I grew to like them, but I feel they need to be a separate stanza.

Posted 9 Years Ago


ha ! well they do say that copying someone is the highest form of a compliment ... :) love to ya chikka xx

Posted 9 Years Ago


Very powerful words, certainly like an arrow whooshing through the air and penetrating all who watch in awe. I like your snarkyness (not exactly a dictionary word but the best I could find) and so direct. It does frustrate me when comments made are so fickle and superficial, but I often ask the reviewer why he/she feels that way about the poem... sometimes I don't even get a response. I refuse to accept that it's flattery or a stroke to my ego, because it's not! It's a waste of my time! Great way to express what many of us experience!

Posted 9 Years Ago


I liked this a lot. Most people do read or look at art like a drive by. The smaller font and quicker lines which lead us to the end of the poem is a great touch as well, it creates a thrill of escape much like...stealing. I enjoyed this a lot.

Posted 9 Years Ago


LMAOF, Frieda. Can you tell me, where I can find such a detector, in real life? It so help me, in sorting out those, trying to blow smoke up my butt. As I seem to be a poor judge of person, in letting the wrong person get close to me, as they hurt me.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2078 Views
56 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 10, 2014
Last Updated on July 10, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Shadow Shadow

A Poem by A. Amos


Koi Pond Koi Pond

A Poem by Pryde Foltz


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan