Memoirs of battle-lines

Memoirs of battle-lines

A Poem by Frieda P

Built a self-made prison of fear and beliefs,
     wrapped in tissue paper blankets of regrets
 discordant conflicted rhyme of untimeliness's wrath
    combat fatigues are worn out at the knees,
bombardment on the front of exposure's war
     prolonging disturbance's harbor'd damages,
active participant in a memoir of battle-lines  

© 2014 Frieda P


Author's Note

Frieda P

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Sometimes some of us get trapped in a time warp where life appears to pin us down and not let us free from negative emotions. Sometimes though we can chose to break free. This appears to suggest the prison is self made and a corollary is that we are trapped by our own choice even though there are reasons for our grief and sadness. As always full of emotion and descriptive metaphors.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

9 Years Ago

It is what it is, sometimes the math just adds up and we can't escape our demons, if that makes any .. read more



Reviews

Ha, I figured you were a myth. How about that? Nice poem, I'll go now. Have a wonderful evening.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Another brilliant poem...

Posted 9 Years Ago


warring in our self dug foxholes - our words shrapnel. Yup. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Sometimes we are the very ones plotting against ourselves waiting for us to fail and fall. We trap ourselves in prisons of our own design.Very powerful and emotional write Freida ;-)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Others may lead us to the cell, but we are the ones who lock ourselves in... Connected with this one, Frieda.

Posted 9 Years Ago


There's a tarot card in a certain deck that has a woman bound and blindfolded surrounded by tall swords like a cage, but there's an out and she doesn't take it. That's what I thought of when I read this. Love the first two lines most and "tissue paper blankets of regrets" - I think we all have those at some stage in our lives. Penny

Posted 9 Years Ago


Just a short poem which contains so much in it. I truly admire your poems specially this one, it gave me chills. "Self-made prison" is kinda scary, I think we all need to breakaway, we all have choices. For us to be happy, we have to choose the brighter side of life. Thanks for sharing. :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


I have to say that this reminds me of a brief time where I had morally and totally ''redid'' my life for what it was. The thing was: many of my moral beliefs had conflicted with many of my past actions and, as fragile as I was at the time, I had considered them distasteful and unforgivable to the point where I would actively hate myself for having done them. Yet, I would proceed to damn everyone else for not living up to my beliefs, hence the ''battle-lines''.

Truly fascinating what heights and lows that beliefs could allow us to transcend and plummet to; this was a lovely read.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frieda--I love the somber metaphors in this one... 'tissue paper blankets of regrets' just gives me chills for some reason. Beautifully conceived and written lines convey a sad contemplative tone. Excellent work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


The layers in this are so complex. It immediately gave me the gooseflesh reaction, and I like the music choice as well.

Posted 9 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

700 Views
26 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on July 31, 2014
Last Updated on July 31, 2014

Author

Frieda P
Frieda P

NJ



About
If you want to know me, read my poetry, it's all in there. I am a mother of three sons (my finest moments) a sister, a survivor and a little bit crazy. I lost my beloved sister to suicide, so you'll.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..