3

3

A Chapter by gallinab

It was around dusk when they reached the palace. By the time they got out of the car and headed down the aisle Amanda was shocked at how beautiful the palace was. A canopy of silks hung above them and a crystal chandler hung above them in the dimmed light. Flowers surrounded them at the sides. Amanda had never seen anything so beautiful, and decorative.
“I see you are looking at your surroundings, I hope they are to your liking?” Raul whispered in her ear.
Amanda nodded. She had never seen anything so colorful or gorgeous. The isle was surrounded by people standing at the door of entrance of the palace, and Amanda couldn’t help but wonder if they were the servants or if the whole household was outside waiting to greet their future queen.
After being welcomed to the palace and country, Amanda was shown to her room. Looking around she was shocked that she was going to share it. Panic and shock overtook her As long as she could remember she had always had her own room.
“Are we in the right room?” She asked the maid
The woman turned around a looked at her with gentle eyes.
“Yes miss, his highness made it clear that you are to be set up in his chamber”
A small sigh escaped Amanda before she gave in and decided that it was pointless to argue.
“Thank you Jennifer, I will take it from here” A voice behind them announced making Amanda jump in fright.
“Are you alright? You look pale”
Amanda hesitated before answering. She didn’t want to be near this man who was to be her husband, but before she could answer, strong arms enclosed her, drawing her back against a strong male chest.
“F-fine “She lied
“Soon you will be mine” Raul whispered softly in her ear
A small shiver escaped Amanda. She didn’t know what to do. Having Raul so close to her, Amanda realized that she couldn’t think straight, if he got any closer she would lose her cool, and kiss him. Kiss the man who had broken her heart, and fed it to the dogs. She moved out of his arms trying to escape the closeness between them but before she could do so, strong arms grasped her, bringing her back to the wall of his chest.
“Don’t even think about escaping, because if you do so, I will find you and bring you back, and you know that I am a man of power, and my word is law” Raul said harshly, tightening his hold on her
“Are we to share the same room?”
“Of course, why wouldn’t we?”
“We are not married yet, and I would like my own room”
“No”
“What? Why?”She demanded
“Get dressed into something decent, we are eating dinner with my parents soon”Raul announced, kissing her forehead before leaving the room

Raul sat in the dining room quietly waiting for Amanda to show up. Glancing across from hin, he noticed his Mother Beatrice looking at the time impatiently, and his father Carlos looking at him with a smile.
“Where is your bride to be Raul? Haven’t you told her that being late to dinner is not acceptable?”His father asked taking a sip of his drink.
Raul tried to be polite, and not give his father his thought of mind.
“She will be here in a few minutes, I am trying to make things easier for her, considering since I came unannounced, and dragged her to a county she doesn’t know anything of.”
Just when Raul was about to go and get his fiancé, the doors opend,and Amanda walked in, wearing a short strapless red dress, taking the breath from him. Without hesitation he came up to her and bringing her hand up to his lips kissed her knuckles, sending sizzling fire rushing through Amanda.
“Gad you made it” he whispered.
Taking a seat across from Raul, Amanda realized that the king and queen sat watching her.
“Glad to see you again child, I do admit you were just a child when we met” The king announced
Amanda smiled, she really had no idea of what to say to them, she had no clue, and she didn't belong in this world of the rich and ruthless.
An hour later Amanda sat listening to the conversation. Raul and his parents treated her with respect, and tranquility, that much Amanda was thankful for. Raul’s dark brown eyes sought hers, and she knew that that as they looked at each other he was giving her the reassurance she needed to get through to night.


© 2014 gallinab


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

121 Views
Added on March 5, 2014
Last Updated on March 5, 2014


Author

gallinab
gallinab

beltsville, MD



About
Gallina Brindamour is a student at Lural High School in beltsville,maryland. She loves to read and write.Gallina is in The International Bacalariate program,which is a collage course. Gallina lives.. more..

Writing
1 1

A Chapter by gallinab


2 2

A Chapter by gallinab


3 part 2!!! 3 part 2!!!

A Chapter by gallinab