Libertà - Chaper 5

Libertà - Chaper 5

A Chapter by HaruHau-Chan

 

5

 

            “And that’s what happened,” Ran finished. The story itself felt so short. When he played it back in his mind, it was still such a shock that it had managed to play out so quickly. They had been arguing for no more than five minutes. Then suddenly they were packing their bags.

 

            “You’ve got to be kidding me!” Cyn gave out a loud sigh, shaking her head. Alright, their grandparents were more than morons. “And where was your grandma throughout all of this?”

 

            Ryu gave a shrug. “Don’t know. She wasn’t home.”

 

            “So you’re homeless now.”

 

            “Pretty much.” The girl said, giving a nod.

 

            “So…do you think we could possibly stay here?” Ran asked. Though he quickly added, “Just for a little while! Until we can find somewhere else to stay.”

 

            “You’ve got to be kidding me,” Cyn repeated, reaching to rub at her temples. It wasn’t directed at the teens themselves, but rather the situation they had been thrown into. What on earth had the man been thinking?

 

            Mario watched them from the hallway. Even though Ran and Ryu had asked to speak to Cyn in private, for some reason he couldn’t leave. He had been too worried. The two hadn’t been their normal selves all through the afternoon, and those suitcases in the living room had made him too curious to just up and go into his room. The younger one wanted so badly for them to be able to stay.

 

            “E-Excuse me,” he said shyly, stepping out into the open. “I’m really sorry…but I was eavesdropping.” The boy moved forward, playing with his hands nervously as he looked from the twins to Cyn. “P-Please…I know I shouldn’t be asking for anything more after all you’ve done, but please let them stay with us.”

 

            “Mario…” Ran looked up to the boy in confusion.

 

            Mario looked to the woman desperately, holding his chest as he spoke. “Ran and Ryu are the only people I’ve met other than you that have treated me kindly. They…they’re my best friends. I don’t think I could bear seeing them out in the cold.”

 

            Ran’s heart swelled in his chest, and even Ryu felt touched. Mario was begging for them to be able to stay. He really truly cared about them. For a moment, Cyn was silent. The woman merely stared at Mario before her hand reached out to ruffle his hair; a smile creeping on to her lips.

 

            “Of course they can stay,” She cooed affectionately. “And they don’t have to leave. I was going to make the spare room my book room, but they can have it.” The woman turned her smile to the twins. “Looks like I’m going to have to hire another moving truck, huh?”

 

            Ran lit up with happiness, throwing himself at the woman again to hug her. Hell, even Ryu hugged Cyn this time, both of them clinging to her as if their very lives depended on it.

 

            “Oh thank you! Thank you!” Ran nearly squealed. “You won’t regret it! We’ll do all the chores you give us! And we’ll stay in school and get super good grades!”

 

            “Alright, alright!” Cyn said, giving a laugh as she pushed them off of her. “It’s fine. When does your grandpa want all your stuff out by?”

 

            “Three days.”

 

            “Oh you’ve got to be f*****g kidding me.” The woman face-palmed, shaking her head. “What a b*****d…” Oh well, it didn’t matter. Either she would have to move all their things into the apartment the next day, or she’d have to take a day off. Cyn wasn’t about to let the old bugger throw all of their things out.

 

            Once she managed to push Ran away, the boy moved his hug-attack to the younger one still standing before them. Mario gave a soft yelp of surprise as he was so suddenly embraced. He stiffened completely at first, unsure of what to do until Ran nuzzled him.

 

            Cyn shook her head, glancing to Ryu who was meanwhile watching her brother in amusement. The woman had been about to say something when she felt her cell phone vibrate in her jeans. The name Tara glowed on the caller ID.

 

            “Stratford Home for Wayward Children,” Cyn answered.

 

            The woman on the other end of the line hesitated. “Uhm…Did I…call the right number?

 

            “It’s me, dummy,” Cyn said with a chuckle. “What’s up?”

 

            The boss wants to know if you can come in tonight. He’ll pay you over-time.

 

            “Sorry, I can’t,” she said, shaking her head though she knew the person on the other end couldn’t see. “I’ve got to move two more kids into my place.”

           

            Ran grinned as the boy looked out of the living room window to the darkening sky. There shone the star he was sure he had wished on the night before. Funny, his sister had said wishing on stars didn’t work. Somehow, he had gotten his wish anyway. They never had to live with their grandparents again.



© 2012 HaruHau-Chan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

215 Views
Added on November 17, 2010
Last Updated on January 18, 2012
Tags: Mario Ryu Aki Ran Minamoto Kokor


Author

HaruHau-Chan
HaruHau-Chan

Lynnwod, WA



About
Custom Glitter Text Hello! Thanks so much for stopping by. Currently my main story that I am working on is called Liberarsi. I apologize that I'm not exactly uploading it in order. I don't really .. more..

Writing
Spirits Spirits

A Story by HaruHau-Chan


Tea Tea

A Poem by HaruHau-Chan