Chapter 1: How it started

Chapter 1: How it started

A Chapter by Kasey Nichole

"The king has passed the law." I couldn't believe my ears. My mind raced to Tristan, his deep brown eyes, his full lips and his caring smile. I felt as if someone had punched me in the stomach. The new king of our province, King Jared ll has outlawed love. Yes, that's right. Love.  I snuck out the side door and began walking. I walked past the town center and waved to Karice and her twin brother Trent. They were both seven years old, and I feared for their future if they continued to grow up in the province of Cane. Before I passed them Karice stopped me.
"Madelyn, wait!" Karice yelled. I stopped and walked over to her, bending down to her level. "What's up?" i asked her. A tear filled her eye as she stared past me, at the ground. "He outlawed love. Made a law er somethin. That's what mama says. How am I s'posed to find my prince charming now? How is you and Tristan gunna be together?" I bit my lip and pulled her into a hug. She pushed me away looking to Trent for backup. "Hugging is outlawed, remember?" Trent said with a cautious tone. I looked down and whispered to them, "I'll fix this. I promise."
After talking to the twins I continued walking. I made my way through the grassy field on the outside of the province, and I let myself into an old abandoned building hidden on a ridge in the creek. I walked in and made my way to the second floor, where a huge window, the size of the entire wall stood overlooking the whole town. No one except for Tristan knew that this building was here, and if they did they didn't go exploring. I put my hands on the glass and sighed. Just then a hand appeared over top of mine, interlocking their fingers with me. I smiled and turned around.
"Hey," Tristan said smiling. "Hey," i answered. Tristan pulled me close, kissing me gently on the lips. I felt how perfectly his lips traced mine, and for a moment all my cares slipped away. Once he pulled away I asked him, "What if they catch us?" 
"I won't let anyone or anything break us apart." He said sternly. I looked up and stared into his eyes. He smiled back at me and said, "I love you." I answered back proudly, "I love you too." 


© 2013 Kasey Nichole


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This idea of outlawed love is very interesting. Once again, the constant 'I' needs to be broken up a bit, but this piece seems to have potential. Good job. X)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oooh what a concept! I am eager to see where you take this :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Kasey Nichole

11 Years Ago

Thanks(:

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
2 Reviews
Added on March 4, 2013
Last Updated on March 4, 2013


Author

Kasey Nichole
Kasey Nichole

Sanibel Island , FL



About
Well, i'm 19 years old and I have wanted to become a writer ever since I could hold a pencil in my hand. I really hope you enjoy reading my writings! Feel free to leave comments and let me know what .. more..

Writing