Introduction

Introduction

A Chapter by E Chadwick
"

The opening words of my book, Strange Happenings.

"

  Everyplace has its legends. Its very own Bigfoots, Nessies, and Chupacabras. Even my humdrum town has its local superstitions. Except there’s one difference between ours and theirs. Ours are real.

 When you first come across the little township we call home, you don’t think much of it. You look at our faded billboards, our dimly-lit gas stations and diners, our small beige houses, and think “Oh, how quaint.” You wouldn’t be wrong. We are rather charming. In looks, at least. It’s once you start to explore and talk to the locals that you start to figure out what kind of a place this really is. However, this is no cliche remote town steeped in conspiracy. Which means that no, there are no totalitarian governments, covered up alien landings, or murder cults or any of that jazz. There are simply...odd places and things scattered around our town and its history. So, I’ve decided to compile a record of all of the strange occurrences here in our nameless burg. Some of these are taken mostly from the words of other locals, and some I've experienced for myself. By the end, we’ll either be at the top or the bottom of your list of dream vacation spots. It depends on what kind of person you are. Before I begin, however, I may need to clarify something. You may be asking "Well, if these things keep happening to no end, why don't you just leave?" I can assure you, it is not that simple. We can't leave. We want to, but are physically unable to. Whenever someone tries to, they get the sudden urge to stay, for whatever inexplicable reason. So, we are bound here, forced to endure these...strange happenings.


© 2017 E Chadwick


Author's Note

E Chadwick
This is rather short, mainly because it's just an intro. I'll post more chapters of the book as I finish them.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

222 Views
Added on May 6, 2017
Last Updated on May 13, 2017
Tags: sci-fi, horror, weird, creepy, mysterious, paranormal


Author

E Chadwick
E Chadwick

LA



About
Hi! Welcome to my profile. I mostly write short stories, but I also write some poetry. All of my work is original, as I am very bad at keeping other people's characters, well, in character. I write a .. more..

Writing