chapter 2

chapter 2

A Chapter by Shapirta

Walking into the house, i dumped my bag on the floor, and proceeded upstairs. Laura was sitting on the turquoise carpet in our room, turning her rock over and over in her palm. " C'mon," I heard myself say, "We have a mission to start!"
We bolted down the stairs, three at a time. She found a toolbox in the corner, and rustled through it, throwing things out at random. After a couple minutes of searching the huge toolbox, she exclaimed victoriously, "ah-HA!" waving a tape measure in the air.
With just a quick measurement, we found the center tile, and I knocked twice on my right hand, and three times on my left. The tile creaked slightly, and to our amazement, it disappeared, leaving a gaping square shaped hole in the floor. I climbed into the tunnel with Laura in pursuit. The tile magically reappeared, and covered the tunnel. 
It was dark and damp. I could barely read the sign on  the bottom of the tile through the dim, blue light. It read " to get out, you must use the same passcode as entering."
"Maybe we should go back, and get some supplies?," I suggested. "You're right," she agreed.
The tile opened after she knocked, and we staggered out, blinking not used to the light. "I'll prepare food, while you get supplies," she said. I replied, "sounds great!" While already walking up the stairs with her.
I got a flashlight, some spare batteries (I had a feeling we would be down there for a long time), duct tape, a pocket knife, some antiseptic, a pack of Sesame Street band-aids, a deck of cards for entertainment, and a recording log, just for fun.
I met Laura at our room, raiding our secret stash of food in out nightstand. She had a knapsack open, stuffing food into it. Luckily, it had a lot of pockets, otherwise, we would be out of luck. I used the medium pocket for all the supplies, and dumped everything into it. Helping her stuff more Doritos into the bag, was not an easy task. 
finally, we were all ready. I sent our dad a text that I would be sleeping over at Christopher's house for a couple of days with Laura. My dad is really lax. He doesn't care where we go, just as long as we tell him.
We went back downstairs, opened the tunnel, and went in, both of us trying hard not to think about the dangers that lay ahead of us.


© 2014 Shapirta


Author's Note

Shapirta
tell me what you think! anything i can improve on/ any suggested lines? i'm open!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on September 11, 2014
Last Updated on September 11, 2014
Tags: fantasy, chapter, book, story, two, 2, chapter book


Author

Shapirta
Shapirta

dude hi!, NY



About
i recently turned eleven, and for as long as i can remember, have always loved writing. haha wow. now im 12. time flies.. more..

Writing
auditions auditions

A Poem by Shapirta