The Nursery Rhyme Marriage

The Nursery Rhyme Marriage

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Creative Poetry Group

"

 

She married in the month of June

on a hot humid day. Silver Bells decorated

the church, and her pretty little maids

stood beside her all in a roll. She was a vision of loveliness all dressed in her satin gown of white.

 

Vows was pledged to love, honor and obey,

but he was a well known prestige man, thinking he was Old King Cole, a merry old  soul.  He bought her a mansion and thought he could keep her there like Peter Peter Pumkin Eater, but was sadly mistaken.

 

The enchantment fairy tale has gone stale, she no longer feels under the spell of his love.  He's gone all day and she's left at home. A Mansion that should be in shape of a shoe because she has so many children she don't know what to do.

 

There are times she feels like leaving, but her devotion to her marriage keeps her put. She feels like Humpty Dumpty all shattered and broken. She keeps waiting for her night and shining armor, her husband to pick her up and put her back together again. 

 

It's raining and pouring and he's in the bed snoring while she sits all fervent in need for his love. She longs to see the first star of the night to make that wish she wishes for every night.

 

She's tired of feeling bedlam, it's time to sit him straight. The clock strikes midnight as she wakes him up.  Words of hurt and pain spill

© 2011 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
This is a poem that I written months ago and didn't like it, so I redid it for the Creative Poetry Group! Not sure if it is considered a poem, but I hope you like it Please tell me what you thi

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I like how you ended this tale. Sometime the man must awake and make the woman feel wanted and needed. I like the many tales you put into this poem. Made the poem fun to read and logic if you desire to find. A unhappy woman can fade away if not treated with love and tenderness. Thank you for a outstanding poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

poetry is an art and its beauty is in the eyes of the reader I think you've done a great job putting this together along with a nursery theme.
Excellent write

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good shot..!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


great job adding in the nursery rhymes.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love how you used the nursery rhymes throughout, it was realy well done, what a shame for the poor girl :O(

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love how you take a marriage falling apart and add in nursery rhythms to tie it all up. Love is not perfect and without communication and a respect for each others needs it will fall apart. Great eye opening piece.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
This was awesome, fun, and very creative
Fairy tale indeed, but for some so real.

Enjoyed this one, kinda reminded me of my life. lol
Thanks for sharing
(Masion) Mansion

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ha ha ha!! I like this!! I'd say it qualifies as creative poetry. The beginning reminds me of mary mary quite contrary and I find ur bit abt the lady in a shoe very funny!! However, do not be mistaken the seriousness behind this does not go unseen particularly the last line! One can only hope that this follows the pattern of most fairytales and end happily ever after. Nice mixture of emotions:)

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great, love all the references to fairy tales in this piece and how you brought it all together. Sometimes its good to prove your love, it does count a lot in a relationship. Too often people feel forgotten even when they aren't but its the feeling that counts so how about making those you love feel loved?

Posted 12 Years Ago


It needs further editing to correct grammar and spelling errors, other than that A beautifull write!

Posted 12 Years Ago


how sad that this is close to the truth

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1717 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Added on July 4, 2011
Last Updated on July 6, 2011
Tags: Marriage, Love, Nursery rhymes

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..