Poseidon The Travel Agent

Poseidon The Travel Agent

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Creative Poetry Group

"

 

Poseidon god of the sea have mercy on me.

Take your trident and send me on a vacation, a secluded beach where the waves relax me. The vigorous pace of my busy life has shook my insides like an earthquake, crumbling me to exhaustion. Peace and quiet is all I need, nothing but the mysterious sea nymphs singing in their beautiful sirens voices to sooth me. Poseidon, my mature man, can you please help me?

© 2011 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Had to pick a god or goddess to write about using the words in my tag box. I picked Poseidon god of the sea. I had a hard time writing this one, finally this came to mind, so I went with it! Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

good job.

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
humourous and witty..I wish getting away was that easy

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is packed with mystery and unique style! I loved it hon :) Its a clever piece! And one can't help but wonder what would happen :) One of your best love! xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


Adventure on the high seas in quest of love and romance, this is what it reminds me! A magical and glorious island of beauty and mystery to soothe her aching heart...a temptress of the sea! Great poem...extremely well written!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You can't beat a mature man for soothing voices and strength of mind...

Posted 12 Years Ago


love this poem. It is fun and the imagery is beautiful. You did a great job with the flow. It is smooth and it makes me want to travel away as well.

Posted 12 Years Ago


careful what you ask for, i hear those greek gods always want something in return...and next thing you know...there's little heroes running around.. :))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Poseidon, take me make me the desire you need me to be
I'll swim with the fishes if you wish me to be
Stroke me gently your trident in hand
Allow your sea spume to wash over me


That's from a woman's viewpoint of course, just seeing where your words would take me.
Enjoyed :0)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Ask him make room for me. Would be nice to be able to escape and find some peace from the busy life. I enjoyed this poem. Almost felt like a prayer. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1044 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 17, 2011
Last Updated on August 20, 2011
Tags: Ocean, Trident, earthquake, Sirens, Nymph, Mysterious, Vigorous

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..