Single Woman Meets Single Man

Single Woman Meets Single Man

A Poem by KATHY SUE SILLS
"

Creative Potery Group

"

 

She stands at the hord'oeuvre table, eyes searching for that special man, the one that stole her heart by his mere appearance.

Words were not spoken between them, but electricity had eletrified.

The night is still young, he has plenty of time to show up.

 

The red dress she's wearing emphasizes her voluptous figure.

Music plays softly, a kind of romantic song that brings love birds closer together when dancing.  She hopes to finally meet him tonight.  Apprension along with excitement causes flutters uneasiness.

 

Whispers of words she rehearses, trying to keep an imprint of what she wants to say to him fresh in her mind. Tingles of pleasure sends a quiver up her spine as he walks in the door. Cupids arrow hits her heart.  Eyes pursue his every move.

 

She tries to contrive her next move, but her mind goes all fuzzy, sense of reality fades into dream land. Laughter of people dance around her. Lips smack together with their lovers in mockery.  A flame of heat warms her cheecks as he heads her way.

 

Bodies closes together sway to the music. His ambrosial scent hypothesizes her. Each savors the moment of indulgent. Lips subjugate into a passionate kiss as a love story begins.

 

© 2011 KATHY SUE SILLS


Author's Note

KATHY SUE SILLS
Tell me what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

great job, well done.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Those chance meeting and hope for the prince or princess. I like the vision you create with your words. Life is a good journey. I guess if we take no chances we won't have no fun. A very nice ending to a excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


A lot of emotion about meeting that special someone for the first time. It can be exciting, nerve-wracking, dreading, apprehensive. I think you could work on some of your senteces a little bit, to tighten them up more, but I really enjoyed this and gave a clear idea of what it is like to meet that special someone. Wonderful storytelling in the poetic form.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Good one..!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Indeed, a love story begins...next chapter please. I was caught up in the moment wanting more. Beautiful!

WindSong

Posted 12 Years Ago


Very romantic and fun. Two eyes meet across the room and soon they get together and who knows where this is going to lead! I enjoyed this a lot!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Now this is more my speed!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful! Captures the scene perfectly. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


And they live happily ever after we hope. A really nice sensual beginning to a grand love affair.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Very enjoyable. A nice beginning to a love story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

546 Views
19 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 19, 2011
Last Updated on August 19, 2011

Author

KATHY SUE SILLS
KATHY SUE SILLS

Harrisville, MS



About
check out! www.facebook.com/twinoneandtwintwo Hello writercafe friends. I've been on this site for a few years! I stopped writing for a while, and trying to get back into it! When I joined this sit.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..