Let's start again... (Originally 'A short story..')

Let's start again... (Originally 'A short story..')

A Chapter by Secondhand Tink
"

First chapter of a series, all chapters are likely to be short but MAY vary in length.

"

“Let’s meet again tomorrow.” She said nervously counting the seconds as he hesitated to answer.

 

“I...Okay Helen, just...don’t expect things to be like they were before...It’s still early days yet.” Jared replied folding his hands in upon themselves, staring at them intently.

 

Helen put one of her hands within his own and tilted his chin up with her free hand.

 

“I understand, but...we have a chance now don’t we? I...I know things didn’t end well...What with him finding out...” She choked a little. “And-and doing what he did...” He held her hands a little tighter.

 

“It’s okay Hellz, you don’t need to say anymore, I should be sorry too I guess even if what we were doing was wrong from the beginning I played my part in this too...but I was in so deep and too...too scared to tell you how really I felt. I still am Helen; please promise me things will be better this time.”

 

All she wanted was for him to take her in his arms and hold her so tight, it had been a year since she’d lost Simon, Jared had tried to be there for her but it wasn’t fair on him...So she shut herself off from the world, it had almost killed her too but once she felt almost ‘okay’ she slowly allowed Jared into her life.

 

“In time it’ll heal.” He thought to himself wanting nothing more than for the old days by the river nibbling cookies and sipping warm Dr Pepper heated by the unsympathetic sun.

 

~~~Way back when...~~~

 

“Ahh Helen!!” He squealed giggling madly as she tickled him cruelly.

 

“Don’t be a baby Jared, come on now!” She replied pushing him gently, to be met with surprising force as he tilted her onto her back, his dark shimmering hair falling across his soulful blues as he leant in for a kiss.

 

They both sighed heavily as their lips parted, knowing full well they’d promised to not do anything so ‘wrong’ this time.

 

But oh how it felt so right...What he’d do for her to be his...

 

“I’m sorry Helen...”He murmured pulling her upright and holding her in his arms.

 

She merely shook her head and buried it in his shoulder sighing further as she nuzzled her face into his neck. It was hard to not smile during times like this, so close to that fascinating birthmark that lay there, and as always she was incredibly tempted to plant her lips to it gently, but this time she would stop herself before the compulsion took over...

 

 



© 2009 Secondhand Tink


Author's Note

Secondhand Tink
Yes, this is the last story I posted called 'A short story' but I felt I should try and keep it going so I let it be chapter one of my story 'Days to remember.'

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

The last part has me intruiged. I would like to read on....

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

188 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 7, 2009


Author

Secondhand Tink
Secondhand Tink

London!!, United Kingdom



About
I'm Nai, I'm 17 and I live in London. I love music, especially Avenged Sevenfold and tonnes of others =] My tastes range pretty wide. Obviously I love to write, I'm a bit slow though...so please b.. more..

Writing