The Sting.

The Sting.

A Chapter by Secondhand Tink
"

The first chapter with a memory of Helen's past with Simon.

"

She was...devastated, betrayed and devastated.


“How could he just let me wait for him...Keep his phone switched off?” Helen said quietly sobbing into her phone. After going through most of her phone contacts, she’d decided Rebecca was the only one who could console her after this.


“Oh babes, he is such a dickhead, I can’t believe he did that to you!! Have you spoken to him? What was his excuse?” Rebecca said with words full of venom.


“He-he said he’d gotten so busy at work that he completely forgot, I got through to his phone just over an hour after I’d started waiting. Obviously by then I was practically crying, I was so cold and it had been raining for ages. I pretended I was mad, and I could tell he felt guilty” Helen replied, by now Helen had had a warm shower and was wrapped in a blanket with a mug of hot chocolate, she was sure she’d picked up a cold from that rain.


After around 40 minutes of waiting Helen felt quite numb so the rain didn’t bother her so much anymore, it was an odd feeling. It was almost peaceful, watching people run past giving her odd looks as she stood out in the pelting rain.


“Still, who cares if he forgot? How could he just FORGET when he knows how important today was to you, you give that boy far too much credit Helen. I hate to be the one who has to always be mean and try and make you see reason, but you are just too forgiving. I’ve got to go now honey, I’ll talk to you later okay? Take care, Love you.”


“Love you too Rebecca, and thanks it means a lot.” Helen put down the phone and let the blanket fall from her shoulders as she stood up from her bed.


I...I miss him. I miss him so much, why was I so stupid?” She thought to herself having taken an old photo of herself in Simon’s arms, both of them grinning broadly, seemingly without a care in the world.

~~~


“So where do you want to go today Helen dear?” Simon said smiling and taking Helen’s hand as they strolled away from her house.


“I was thinking Camden I suppose since the weathers nice, we can go to the new market!” She replied full of enthusiasm practically skipping down the road, sunny weather always brought out the best in her and Simon thought she looked so pretty in her purple strapless dress and striped cardigan.


“Come on then, getting the bus right?”
“Mhmm!”
“How was your day yesterday then?”
“Hmm not too bad, a bit boring, but the weather was nice and me and Rachael went for a bacon baguette after English and then we had a nice stroll to Kentish town since I didn’t have fifth lesson. Then we went to Camden and I bought this!” She said pointing at her shimmering Hello Kitty necklace.


“Wow, how much?” He replied putting an arm around her now that they were on the bus.
“Only £9.” Helen grinned broadly.
“Not too bad really.” Simon took the broach of the necklace in his hand and had a good look at it.


Then he gave Helen a long loving kiss right on her lips.


Helen was caught by surprise but she still responded quickly as always, wrapping her arms around his
neck, kissing him a little harder than he had begun with.


But as always they were in public so Simon pulled away slowly escaping Helen’s embrace.

~~~


Helen sighed as she quickly brought herself back to reality, remembering why she’d had to turn to someone else for the affection she craved.


She always tried to remember Simon in the most positive ways, mostly out of respect, but otherwise just to remember she’d loved him so much...so long ago. Remembering him without the things that had made her unhappy when she was with him, or the things that made her mad was the best thing to do, but it was hard when their relationship had been full of holes.


Just like a boat waiting to go under.

 

 

 



© 2009 Secondhand Tink


Author's Note

Secondhand Tink
Short as always, not sure if it's any good to be honest.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
Added on July 19, 2009
Last Updated on July 19, 2009


Author

Secondhand Tink
Secondhand Tink

London!!, United Kingdom



About
I'm Nai, I'm 17 and I live in London. I love music, especially Avenged Sevenfold and tonnes of others =] My tastes range pretty wide. Obviously I love to write, I'm a bit slow though...so please b.. more..

Writing