That's so rich.

That's so rich.

A Chapter by Secondhand Tink
"

Chapter 4 of 'Days to Remember' the memory this time, was not from a 'couples' past, it was just showing Jared's side of the day that he'd meant to meet Helen on.

"

“Did you get home safely? How about this Helen, honey? Let’s meet up tomorrow I promise I’ll actually be there this time or I’ll call you in the morning if I can’t go instead of being as stupid as I was today. I’m so so sorry; I’ll make it up to you! I SWEAR :S (L)”
Jared typed quickly as he and Helen were talking on msn now.


“And yes I got home safely, no thanks to you. How can I be sure this time Jared? I thought making things better meant as much to you, as it does to me. If it doesn’t then what are we doing? As much as I want to keep the fun to it, and I want things to be happy like they were before, we’ve got to be sure...”

She replied sniffing heavily due to a severe blocked nose, she had stood in the rain for an hour after all. A massive headache wasn’t helping matters either, nor was it helping her sour mood. She rubbed her forehead lightly awaiting Jared’s reply.


Jared knew he had to get through to Helen, make her understand he did want to make a go of things with her and he had wanted to see her...Even though it didn't really seem like it right now...


~~~


“Hey Jay, you can go now if you want, it’s too wet out there, the shop isn’t suddenly going to get busy!” Marlon said as he did one last wipe over the counter as Jared swept the floor meticulously.


“I...No it’s okay...It’s not like I’ve got anything better to do...” He replied sighing heavily pouring himself some water from the tap.


“Something on your mind Jay?”
“I guess you could say that...I was meant to meet that girl Helen, the one I told you about. I mean...I totally like her, infact I love the girl. But I’m nervous, I’m not sure if she’s ready for this even after a year of us not talking. I don’t want her to feel guilty if we rush into this too quickly. I’ve already had enough guilt...”
“But if you love her, why should it matter? Gotta take it by the horns and not let go man!”
“Hmm...”


The sad thing was, I really did want to go and meet her...I’m just too much of a coward I guess it’s too late now, I mean what can I do? I’m half way home and it’s already been an hour since the time we agreed, she’s probably at home now...Planning her revenge.
I guess I should turn my phone on...Oh s**t...She rang me 15 times...Oh my God.


Buzz Buzz Buzz Buzz


That was Jared’s phone buzzing in his hand as he stared at it his mouth falling open a little, of course, it was Helen, he saw her picture appear, and it was his favourite picture of her actually.


Right! Okay! I’m going to answer!


He nervously pressed the button to accept the call.


“H-H-Hello?”
“Jared. So nice of you to turn your phone on!”
“I-I-I’m sorry Helen, honey, Hellz. I got so caught up at work and and we were so busy what with the rain and people wanting shelter and and errrr....Yes.”
“HA. WOW JARED, JUST WOW. FRANKLY I DON’T GIVE A S**T IN THE SLIGHTEST.” Her voice full of sarcasm, hitching slightly in places and rising in pitch throughout.


Oh God no! She’s been crying...I can tell...Oh I’ve really hurt her...


“But...But it’s cold out there, are you okay? I’m sorry. I’m so so sorry.”
“Yeah I’m fine whatever. Bye.”
“Okay, honey, bye. I love-“


Beep Beep Beep.


Jared had been cut off.

 

 



© 2009 Secondhand Tink


Author's Note

Secondhand Tink
I know it's not a great story overall, and so I understand if people aren't amazed by the relatively poor plotline and lack of unusual or eye capturing lexis. It's just something I feel like I need to write, I put a lot of feeling into this story so at least give me credit for that.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You must write more! i have decided I'm back on a writing kick now and so should you be. I love this in any case, the characters and everything.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

179 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 20, 2009
Last Updated on July 20, 2009


Author

Secondhand Tink
Secondhand Tink

London!!, United Kingdom



About
I'm Nai, I'm 17 and I live in London. I love music, especially Avenged Sevenfold and tonnes of others =] My tastes range pretty wide. Obviously I love to write, I'm a bit slow though...so please b.. more..

Writing