Inner Demons

Inner Demons

A Story by emma
"

The demon in Rosalina is thirsty for blood, and he will stop at nothing to get some of that sweet red liquid.

"

My fingers curled around the deadly blade. I lifted the weapon so the sharpest point was facing the cloaked man wearing the devilish grin.

 

“That’s right, little girl,” he cooed. “Hurt me.”

 

I willed myself to drop the knife, but instead I took a step forward.

 

The man laughed. “Yes, Rosalina, come to me.”

 

My feet pushed me forward, though my brain told me to move backwards.

 

“What’re you doing to me?” I sputtered and took another step.

 

I saw a disturbing glint in his eyes. “No more speaking.”

 

My mouth snapped shut. I took four more silent steps forward, then I was right in front of him. He smiled down at me and I shivered. I couldn't meet his eyes. 

 

“Do it. Right in the gut,” he commanded.

 

And I thrust the knife into his body, directly in his gut. He sighed contently and began to bleed.

 

“Deeper,” he murmured.

 

I pushed it in deeper. So deep that the hilt of the knife was almost imbedded in him, and my fingers were dangerously close to touching the gore. 

I started sobbing. I could feel the blade stealing the life of the man, the demonic man who wanted to die. But I didn't want to kill him. 


He collapsed and I fell with him. We lay there together on the cold pavement: him dying, me crying. His blood painted the ground beneath us, and I could feel it soaking through my shirt.

 

Through my sobs, I heard him whisper, “Well done.”

 

***

 

A girl lies dead in her bedroom, her blood staining the carpet beneath her. A knife is stuck inside her gut, pushed in almost to the hilt. The demon releases itself from her body and soaks in the pleasure of his latest kill.

 

Stupid girl, thinking she was killing the demon in her, when in reality, she’d only killed herself.

 

Satisfied with his latest kill, the demon laughs, kisses the dead girls cheek, and disappears to find another victim. 

© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
Whenever I think about people who hurt themselves, my thoughts somehow travel to inner demons. the demons command people to hurt themselves, and they are powerless to resist. And so here you go, a nice little story.

**awarded Honorable Mention in the Things That Go Bump In The Night contest**
**awarded Remarkable Teller in the The Reality Question contest**

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This really made me think of my inner demons.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Awwwww. So cute! I'm gonna show my baby cousin! Kidding, but this was SO GOOD. I loved it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


This story was very good! There wasn't a moment of pause...It was a quick read, captivating me, as I wanted to know how it ends. Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I love this story. It really makes me think about my own inner demons. This demons that you speak of in your story reminds me of myself. All of this flows smootly together and the storyline is immaculate.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow so powerful. i loved it! keep writing you have a real talent

Posted 12 Years Ago


I'm seriously falling in love with your writing. This was great!! Short and sweet and to-the-point, but no less intriguing or mysterious. I would love to see a sequel!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


WOW!!! LOVE IT!!! and so true! We all have light and dark in us and killing off one part would be to kill ourselves...sad but true...You have such raw talent and emotion and it shines through in your writing...It hypnotizes you almost like the demon within your story...I LOVE IT!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow I love your writing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


this story has a powerful message and so does your note about it....we all have something that haunts us and we all have that inner demon in us...this story was easy for me to get into and i truly enjoyed it...

Posted 12 Years Ago


This works on so many levels. I am not sure where to start. Well I guess I should start off by saying this was indeed a treat. I haven't read much in the way of excellence when it comes to this sort of thing and I think you did a great job.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1491 Views
31 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 11, 2011
Last Updated on July 10, 2012

Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by emma