Part 4

Part 4

A Chapter by emma

When I’m all cleaned up, that person takes me to a new room that smells faintly of stale coffee. It’s a great improvement.

 

“Thank you, John,” Cam says and takes my arm.

 

I clutch her, thankful for the anchor. She’s not as sturdy as Ken had been, though, and I find myself wishing for his support.

 

Cam guides me to another ridiculously uncomfortable chair and I sit. I listen as people shuffle into whatever room we’ve been relocated to, and wait for someone to start speaking. I’m still holding Cam’s arm firmly.

 

“You’ve caused us quite a hassle, Elexa,” Cam finally tells me, her voice thick.

 

I shrug as an apology and get to the point. “Do you believe me yet?”

 

“Yes,” Cam says cautiously. “We believe you.”

 

I relax a bit. “Good.”

 

“And we’re going to get you help.”

 

“What?”

 

“Elexa, you cut out your own eyes because you thought you were killing people with your gaze. You obviously need help.”

 

“I’m not crazy!” I shout. “I did kill people with my eyes!”

“And your intense belief in this is the reason why we’re arranging your enrollment in a Mental Health Care Unit for tomorrow morning.”

 

“No!” I scream. “You can’t send me away! No one understands!”

 

“You�"”

 

“You told me you believed!” I’m panicking now. “You lied to me!”

 

I can feel her stony gaze trained to my face. “Elexa, we believe you cut out your own eyes but we don’t believe you did it because you were murdering people with your gaze.”

 

“Please,” I whimper. “Don’t send me away.”

 

She touches my shoulder tenderly. “It’s okay, Elexa. You’ll get the help you need there.”

 

And that’s the end of our conversation.

 

 

The next morning, I’m forced into a car and driven to a loony bin. Cam sits next to me the whole ride and offers her sincerest apologizes, and I can hear pretty clearly that my uncontrollable sobbing is making her uncomfortable. But nothing is on my mind but the fact that I’m going to be in a Mental Hospital in a matter of a few hours.

 

When the car finally jerks to a final stop, my wails become more intense. They actually have to gag me to shut me up. Someone strong and powerful lifts me out of the car and hoists me over his shoulder, then proceeds to carry me despite my pleas and kicks and punches.

 

A door opens, and there’s an unfamiliar voice greeting us. “Hello. I assume this is Elexa?” It’s a woman. She sounds older.

 

“Yes, it is,” Cam says for me. “I hope you’ll take good care of her.”

 

I can hear the old woman’s uncomfortable smile in her voice. “Oh, we take excellent care of all our patients.”

 

“I’m not a patient!” I scream. “I’m a murderer! I’m not crazy, just a killer!”

 

Now I can hear how frazzled this old woman is. “Oh, my, well, bring her right inside, please.”

 

And so the man I’m still slung over the shoulder of does just that. The next thing I know, I’m laying on a stiff bed and everyone is leaving.

 

I feel Cam’s lips near my ear. “Be good, Elexa. I’ll check up on you every now and again.”

 

Then she does the oddest thing. She bends down and presses her lips to my forehead for a split second before rushing off and shutting the door firmly.

 

I start to cry again, thinking, if only I’d slit my throat instead of carving out my eyes that day.

 

But alas, I did not, and now I’m here, trapped in a place where if I’m totally honest about my situation and the torture I endured, it’ll only get me more crazy meds to take. 



© 2012 emma


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

very cool!!!! i love scary stories..they are my favorite next to romance!!! thanks a lot...i had a fun time reading this so far!

Posted 11 Years Ago


CREEEEEEPY!!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Argh this is so good! And slightly creepy. I hope you continue this. :)
Xx

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

97 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 6, 2012
Last Updated on May 6, 2012


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma