The Second Installment

The Second Installment

A Chapter by irishsam
"

The Second Installment of my story.

"
Three days later
She still haunts me. That Maxine. I've seen dozens of patients and she seems to be the only one on my mind, even though she' already dead. I can feel her presence everywhere, even in places mother said God doesn't touch, she's there. Yet, only in fragments. An eye in the sink, lips on the counter, her hair in my pot. In my allusions, she's only in fragments. Never completely whole. The only thing complete about my charred angel is her soul, it's everywhere. I feel her soul in my paintings, in my piano, in my wife. 
I wonder what she liked to do in her free time, I ponder over a lukewarm coffee. Did she listen to jazz? Shoot guns? Muse about death? Consider killing someone? I, or anyone else, will never hear her thoughts again. It's a shame honestly, someone as beautiful as her must have thought the most beautiful thoughts, or ones completely the opposite. 
My wife looks at me with wonder. She always asks me what I've been thinking about over the last few days, I telling her I'm pondering about people above us. She tells me that I'm f*****g insane and walks away. In my life, I've been nothing but abnormal. I always did things differently than others, even when I was just a child. I had a friend, his name was George. He always told me to do things like pull someone's hair and break a student's favorite pencil. I think back to when my mom yelled at me about him, telling me that George wasn't real, that he was fake. I remember how angry I got. I got so angry that I threw a vase at her. Sure, being only seven and scrawny I missed, she still was heartbroken, and extremely angry. Later that evening, when Daddy got home from work, he took off his leather belt and whipped me into submission. In a mix of tears and blood, I told George a painful goodbye. He said he would never leave me and that he'll be back one day.
I have always feared the day he would return.


© 2013 irishsam


Author's Note

irishsam
Here's the second chapter. Tell me what you think or how I can fix it and make it better.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good story progression. I still think it would flow better from the third person. This is also where I would start describing your players. The wife and doctor? can be fully described in this section and will fit in well.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting. I can see your writing's improving. The story is unique, the writing especially is excellent. I think you made a good decision by making the installments short considering the style of writing. Any longer and it would've seemed boring. Some might say it's a little vague but for me it's the vagueness that intrigues. All in all good job

Posted 10 Years Ago


irishsam

10 Years Ago

Thanks for replying so quickly! And for your helpful feedback. I really do appreciate it. If you eve.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

170 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 15, 2013


Author

irishsam
irishsam

Samworld, NJ



About
Cat lover, philosopher, music lover, student, citizen of the world. I love learning more than I ever could possibly say. I love it all. I'm also willing to learn from you guys! I also love writing.. more..

Writing



Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5