The Third Installment

The Third Installment

A Chapter by irishsam
"

The agony continues...

"
That night I had a dream about her. This time, I saw her naked and without her disfiguring burns. She had small breasts and scars on her hips. She had narrow hips and tiny legs. I think she was a dancer; she was tiny in that sense. Everything was finer until she turned her back to me. The wing shaped burns on her back sprouted into flesh coloring wings and she flew away. 
At that point I woke up in a panic. I wiped my head of the cool sweat and tried to relax. "Are you okay?" mumbles my angry wife. I don't respond. I just get out of bed and go down the dim hallway to the patio. I sit my naked body down into the chair and look at the stars. 
I tried to find a sort of message in them. I almost lost myself in their beauty when I heard footstep coming towards my direction. I snapped the glance down to not find my wife...
But Maxine.
"Hello Doctor." She says in a husky voice. 
"What are you doing here?"
"I'm here to see you, Doctor. You gave me life."
"But Maxine, you're dead, if anything, I killed you."
"Quite the contrary. You didn't cover up my wings completely with your grafts, that gave me the ability to live."
I stumbled on her statement. How can I not have covered them up completely? I've done the procedure before? Maybe she's lying. 
"I'm not lying to you, Doctor."
"How did you know I was thinking that?" I stammer. How does she know that? It's like she knows everything, like George.
"Doctor, I know everything about you." Maxine gets up and goes behind me. "You see, I'm apart of you, and you're apart of me. We're one, Doctor." She whispers as she slide her icy hands down my naked chest. 
I jump at her touch, but she holds me down. 
"I'll be back, Doctor, just you wait." She says and she disappears from the darkness.


© 2013 irishsam


Author's Note

irishsam
First part with dialogue, a weak point in my writing. Help me out my leaving a review? Thanks!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good tension, nice flow. Again third person would allow you to impart much more info to the reader.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Added on July 15, 2013
Last Updated on August 22, 2013
Tags: Mental illness, angels, evil, medicine, doctor, surgery


Author

irishsam
irishsam

Samworld, NJ



About
Cat lover, philosopher, music lover, student, citizen of the world. I love learning more than I ever could possibly say. I love it all. I'm also willing to learn from you guys! I also love writing.. more..

Writing