Prologue: Secrecy

Prologue: Secrecy

A Chapter by Janeece
"

The beginning.

"

September 19th, 2012

Abigail 


 

Those words that cannot be expressed. The thoughts that must be secluded, kept hidden, from alien knowledge or view. They are concealed in the pit of the brain, beyond all ordinary understanding. These little packages contain information to share with others. But you better choose wisely.

It’s a deep secret, a burden on your chest, a tragic incident, a mistake. This unrevealed information being kept from others, in most cases, to protect yourself. Hidden, covered, problems buried within your soul because you fear rejection, consequences, and uncertain circumstances. So you try to forget, push it all away, and move on.

But as always we become conflicted. We slowly force ourselves to forget, let go. Put the unsaid words in our pockets and push them further down, into the ground. Forcing them deep into the core of the earth where we hope they will crash and burn.

They don’t though. It’s an illusion that we helplessly create for ourselves. You are left with that weight on your shoulders, that whispering voice of pain in your ears. Trapped inside your own head, you are left to sustain the pressure.

We shove this unsettling paper scratched with these words into the back of our brains. Again we are left and barricaded, alone and isolated, shut down inside ourselves.

You begin to notice that you’re slowly sinking farther down, but too far-gone to ask for help. Loneliness is the only thing you'll ever know. Or so you think.

            That beacon of hope, the rays of sunshine stretching over your vast plains

of darkness and abandonment. It begins to give you false faith, in the world, and in yourself. But you're too blind to notice because somewhere along the way, someone you

thought really loved you, strapped the black cloth around your head and securely over your eyes. You don't see their lies or first class acting. You see the darkness and will do anything to get away from it.

 

Anything.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2013 Janeece


Author's Note

Janeece
Please let me know what you think!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
Added on March 17, 2013
Last Updated on March 17, 2013
Tags: depression, cutting, eating disorder, murder, love, drugs, mental, illness, suicide


Author

Janeece
Janeece

Canada



About
my name is janeece, i'm 17. i live in canada and i hate how cold it is. i can't wait to get out of here. my passions include writing, musical theatre and fashion. message me, i'm super nice! more..

Writing