Deserted

Deserted

A Chapter by jumbie's #1 fan
"

a best friend is hard to come by

"

 

Deserted

 

     During the times when I was feeling alone in my depression, me and my friend Devin were becoming really good friends. I had used to be really close with our other friend Marissa, but Marissa and I weren’t very close, due to the fact that she decided to choose an Internet guy which her friend in California claims to know, over our friendship. But whatever, this isn’t about that.

     Devin had been a friend for a while, but we became really close. Just the previous year, I had been a big part of Devin converting to Christianity.

     We began hanging out a lot a couple months before I broke out of depression in March. I had her sleep over and we had so much fun. I couldn’t remember having that much fun with someone who wasn’t Rose. Having Devin was like having my old best friend in California back. I didn’t think I would ever find that again. Finding girl best friends has always been especially difficult for me. Devin and I became super-obsessed with Japanese rockstars, Hyde and Gackt, after I made her watch my favorite movie, Moon Child. It’s a totally awesome Japanese movie about vampires, guns, and friendship. It’s such an amazing movie. Devin and I even adopted the main character’s names, Sho and Kei. You can even see on Devin’s writerscafe account, I review her stuff and call her Sho, as she calls me Kei. We watched Buffy and The OC together. We dressed up as The Grudge and made forts that completely failed at life. Every minute I spent with her I treasured.

     Not only did I have so much fun with Devin, her and I had an amazing personal friendship. I could talk to her about anything and everything without ever being judged. There was always one thing I felt I couldn’t talk to about with anyone, and Devin was the only one I have ever talked to about it. Come to find out, she was doing the same thing. I was so thankful that God blessed me with such an amazing friend as Devin. She was helping me through the hard times in ways that none of my friends could.

     Unfortunately, not long thereafter, Devin found out she was moving in two months. Her mom has a brain tumor and needed better healthcare, so they were moving to South Carolina. Though I knew it was for the best and Devin’s mom’s health, I couldn’t help feeling selfish. I didn’t want Devin to leave me, there wasn’t too much for me to hang on to. What was I going to do without my newly found best friend? I had just found her, just gotten close to her, and now God was prying her out of my arms and sending her thousands of miles away from me? It just wasn’t fair.

     The last two months Devin lived in Hawaii, we spent as much time as we could with each other. The day she was leaving was getting close. I remember her last day at school. It was Wednesday, April 16. We were all hanging out during lunch when security picked Devin up and brought her to the office where Devin’s dad was waiting to take her home. They were leaving the following day, I think.

     Marissa, Kat, and I all said goodbye to Devin. I can vividly remember Devin, my best friend, driving away. Then it hit me. I wouldn’t see her for a very long time. That’s when I lost it. I cried for about the whole day. I was deserted.

     The next day, Devin called me. I was so happy to talk to her; I already missed her so much. We talked for a couple hours and then it was time to say good-bye for real. I talked to her about when I first met her and how proud I was of who she became. I told her how blessed I was to have her in my life. When I first met Devin, she was so opinionated and faithless. Now, she was leaving me as a strong, Jesus-filled Christian, ready for a new adventure. I was so proud of her and I still am to this day. In just the year and half-ish that I knew her, she grew up. I took the last few moments I had to talk with her and I prayed with her. I asked God to take care of her, that she would be strong at school without me, to tell her family about God, and protect her. The last thing I said to her was that I was going to miss her and that I loved her.

     The day that Devin left, so did a part of me.

 

 

Skies Apart

 

You're not here anymore

You're so far away

I need you here with me

I wish you could have stayed

I wish you could see

How I am without my best friend beside me

 

I'm looking up at the sky

Bright

Sunny

 

You're looking up at the sky

Dark

Cloudy

 

I thought we were looking at the same sky

 

I'm trying not to cry

Because i finally realized

That we are skies apart

Both you and I

 

 

 

EPILOGUE: Even though Devin is now in Philadelphia, even further away from me, her and I are still the best of friends. There’s many times, especially in the last few months, I have cried because I no longer have her by my side. And even in writing this, I can’t stop crying. I miss her so much and would give anything to have her back with me. I miss you Devin.

 

 



© 2008 jumbie's #1 fan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

nvm that last stupid comment, I didn't see the next button right away xD

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


are there more chapters?

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


Love how you incorporate your poems into what you are sharing. It is truly a personal look at the inspiration for them and shows a deeper look at your heart!!! (lol if that makes sense)
You are so great!!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


nice use of the line..."skies apart".

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago


oh Gosh Kei! im crying so hard i can barely see the key thorugh my tears.... i miss u soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much. I cant wait for may when i can see u again... october 15 (not 16) marks the last day i saw you..... oh gosh im crying so hard and im in a room full of people so im telling them while i cry.... i want a corn dog now (my comfort food) ah! the last time i had a corn dog it was on on on on april 15! WAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! i miss you sooo much!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

266 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2008
Last Updated on October 18, 2008
Previous Versions


Author

jumbie's #1 fan
jumbie's #1 fan

Norman, OK



About
All my life, writing has been the one thing I've been good at. Of course, that's an opinion, and it depends on your tastes. Throughout everything in my semi-short life, writing is the one thing that c.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by jumbie's #1 fan