Unexpected Twist

Unexpected Twist

A Chapter by jumbie's #1 fan
"

there's just some things in life you just don't expect

"

Unexpected Twist

 

     The very day Devin left school, I started a friendship with someone that I would have never expected. A guy that I knew of, but never really talked to, started talking to me and Marissa that day. I can distinctly remember him putting his arms around the both of us and we were all talking about how we should go fly to Devin’s house before she got there and surprise her. Talking to him for the first time that day was the start of many conversations he and I would have in the near future.

     I decided that as I tell you about this boy, he’s going to remain nameless. For those of you who know me extremely well, you probably know who it is. But anywho, it’s really strange, but before I even met him, I knew him. I know it’s crazy sounding, but it’s true. He and I hung out in different places, but when I saw him, I knew there was way more than what met the eye. I could see him acting all crazy around his friends, being the fun guy. But as I looked closer, something told me that there a different person underneath who he was being. I told this to Devin a couple months before she left. She said that she knew him and that he was really cool.

     I guess you could say my discernment kicked in that day, because from that moment on, every time I’d see him, a bunch of thoughts and feelings came to me. I would wonder about how his life was like. I knew that under this guy that he tried so hard to be, was so much pain. I felt like I was the only one saw it. And honestly, I think I was.

     After the day Devin left, both he and I became really good friends. I began to see who he really was. We’d talk for hours on the phone and not even realize how much the time passed. I grew to know things about him that many did not know. I came to realize that everything I had felt about him before I even started talking to him was right. Before we even started talking, I knew he was someone God wanted me to help. I don’t even think he knows about what I'm writing. Haha, oh well.

     This guy was different than any other guy I have met in my life. He’s the most random, crazy, amazing guy I have ever know. He tries to be strong, but inside, he was falling apart. He needed someone to be there for him, so I decided I wanted to be that person. He needed someone in his life to give him hope, and I was that person. There was times where he’d come to church with me and we’d have reasonable discussions about God. We would talk to each other about our pasts and came to realize we weren’t all that different from each other.

     Before long, he and I became best friends. It seemed odd to everyone at school because on the outside, we were so different. I was the Christian girl and he was, well, from what people said, the suicidal, druggee, emo guy.

     But when I looked at him, I saw so much more. I could see who he could become, how successful he could be, how he could make a difference. I never judged him for what he had done in the past or even what he was doing then, but I loved him for who he was and made sure to let him know how important he was to me and even to this day, every time I close my eyes to pray, I pray for him first.

     There’s been a few incidents that has happened in his life that I won’t say out of respect for his privacy, things that have made me worry extra hard about him. He does really mean a lot to me and I really don’t know what I’d do without him.

 

This is a song I wrote for him

 

I can see him sitting there

Putting on a show

Pretending that there’s nothing wrong

But You and I we know

Underneath his smile

There’s all this pain inside

He’s felt abuse

He’s seen death

And been used

Until there’s nothing left

 

 

(chorus)

Am I the only one who knows?

The only one who sees?

This boy is so much more than

Who he claims to be

Am I the only one who knows?

The only one who sees?

Beneath the mask he wears

There’s suicidal tendencies

 

Now he’s on his way home

Dreading every step

Praying that there’s no one there

But he already knows

They’re waiting to scream at him

And tear apart his life

He runs upstairs

Shuts the door

And cuts himself

Lord, this boy needs help

 

(Chorus)

 

Lord I wanna help him

Save him

Give him a reason

Someone to believe in

Lord, I wanna show him

You want to know him

You’re so much bigger

He can be delivered

Lord I wanna tell him

How much I love him

He can overcome those

Suicidal tendencies

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

EPILOGUE: Gosh, I like how I'm smiling as I think about now. Haha, well, things between that guy and I are good. Our friendship is still in tact and we still talk to each other all the time. He’s going through a lot right now, but I'm still praying for him and letting him know all the time how much I love and care for him. He is a handful though, I’ll tell ya that much! But I’ll save the rest for another chapter.  

 



© 2008 jumbie's #1 fan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

every saint has a past
and every sinner has a future

Posted 15 Years Ago


Loved all the not so sweet sixteen stuff girly!!! You are amazing and I know this sixteenth year may not have been so sweet, but here at the end of it..you certainly still are the sweetest girl i know!!! I am truly touched by your writing and you have a true gift, i know peoples lives can be changed by what you have to say!!! LOVE YOU!!!! Great job!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


and then mo and mrah run away and marry bill and tom. hahah the end. happily ever after

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2008


Author

jumbie's #1 fan
jumbie's #1 fan

Norman, OK



About
All my life, writing has been the one thing I've been good at. Of course, that's an opinion, and it depends on your tastes. Throughout everything in my semi-short life, writing is the one thing that c.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by jumbie's #1 fan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


ME ME

A Poem by UpComesDown





Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5