Sisterhood of Hypocrisy

Sisterhood of Hypocrisy

A Chapter by jumbie's #1 fan
"

may not seem like a big deal to you, but it was for me

"

 

Sisterhood of Hypocrisy

 

All throughout the time when I was dating Jayme, we were babysat by my 22 year old sister. She made sure to tell my mom every time we touched. She would say she was watching out for me, making sure he and I wouldn’t go too far. And she briefly lectured him too. Which was rather pointless, because he would never try anything. As you can imagine, it became rather annoying, I mean come on. Hello, I'm sixteen! Jeez, I wasn’t going to have sex with him, because that’s just not what I do.

During the last couple weeks of my relationship with Jayme, my sister met this really great guy who was smart, respectful, and Christian. They started dating right as me and Jayme ended. The guy, Steven, became her boyfriend.

Because he lived a couple hours away, when Steven came down to see my sister, he would stay at our house for the weekends.

Over the next few months, I lost my sister. Her and I were so close years ago, but things changed. Every minute of her free time was spent with Steven. Which was completely normal, for people who were in love. By that time, it was apparent that her and Steven were going to get married. He hadn't proposed yet, but he was going to. And I'm not only blaming her for our relationship falling apart, because it was also on my part. I was going through and getting out of my depression, so I didn’t even talk to anyone.

But the times I tried to talk to her, it always came back to her and Steven. So I gave up trying. I needed someone to talk to, that wasn’t my mom. I took up talking to my cousin Trystn, who was the same age as my sister. Trystn lived next door and was so easy for me to talk to. We started hanging out and she would listen to me and genuinely care about my feelings. She never judged, but always gave me her input.

Anyway, as the weeks started going by, I began to grow tiresome of my sister and Steven. Every single weekend he was at our house, hands all over my sister! That bothered me because of all the crap she gave me about Jayme, here she was, going against her own words. I know she’s 22 and she can decide what she wants, but hello, I don’t want to walk by the family room in my house and see them laying on the couch on top of each other. If I have to be an example for every freaking person I come into contact with, the least she could do was take her own advice!!!

They also went away on a camping trip, which seemed a little off-color to me. My parents never said anything for a while about it, so I figured maybe I was over-reacting. All I knew was that if I was doing the same things she was, I would not get away with it. That’s hardly fair.

Now for any normal person, you probably think I'm crazy. But keep in mind, that my family is like, super-Christian, prophesying, Jesus-lovers.

A few more months passed by, and I really started having these off feelings about their relationship. Not only did I, but also my mom and Trystn.

     As corny as it sound, we sensed something dark was going on. FYI, all three of us have the gift of prophecy and discernment. If you don’t know what that is, I’ll try to explain it simply. Prophecy is when something is either spoken over someone from God and comes true, or when you know something is going on and it comes to pass. Discernment is when you can easily see beneath people’s appearance and know who they really are. It also can lead to being able to see demons. Which doesn’t sound very fun to me.

     I'm very strong in discernment and prophecy. We all spent the next few weeks praying hard for my sister and Steven. But there was definitely something wrong about him. All of us discerned that. But we weren’t going to say anything to my sister about it, because she would get all defensive, and who could blame her?

     About a month later, my mom decides she is going to talk to my sister about it. The day after she talks to her, my mom picks me up from school.

     I can remember getting into the car. We were driving home and I asked her what happened the night before. She takes a breath and says, “She’s pregnant.”

     I was completely shocked. Like, I was frozen. I couldn’t believe it.

     Apparently, Tanya didn’t want to tell me because she knew I would be disappointed in her. She thought I would hate her. I didn’t. When she got home later that day, I gave her a huge hug and told her I loved her and I was going to be there for her.

     Steven and Tanya broke up a few weeks later. He was involved in some shady things and Tanya realized that he wasn’t the guy for her. He had proposed to her all wrong, and there is too much to explain.

     I felt bad for my sister, I really did. I made sure to give her every ounce of sympathy I could muster. I never told her how upset I was. Call me selfish, but she spent so much time nagging me about Jayme, and a couple months later, gets pregnant. Hypocrisy, much?

     Why should I listen to her now?

 

EPILOGUE: It’s been six months. Steven is still harassing Tanya about getting back together. Tanya is due in two months. Everything is about her and the baby, but whatever. I'm over the fact that she turned around and did what she told me not to do. She’s paying for it now, unfortunately. I guess bad decisions do have consequences.

 



© 2008 jumbie's #1 fan


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

stupid tanya

Posted 15 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
1 Review
Added on October 11, 2008


Author

jumbie's #1 fan
jumbie's #1 fan

Norman, OK



About
All my life, writing has been the one thing I've been good at. Of course, that's an opinion, and it depends on your tastes. Throughout everything in my semi-short life, writing is the one thing that c.. more..

Writing
Home Home

A Poem by jumbie's #1 fan