Letter for a Friend

Letter for a Friend

A Story by Josh Davis
"

A letter to God, asking Him to help a friend who is having a rough time.

"

Father God,

 

I just wanted to write you this letter to ask for some help. You see, one of my best friends is having a really tough time right now. He says that he hasn’t sinned in some terrible way, and that he is trying to trust you, but the weight of his past sin is weighing him down. I keep trying to tell him that in you, he is a new creation, and that the old is passed away, but he just isn’t listening to me. It seems plain that Satan is attacking him, and trying to tear him away from you, but he won’t listen when I tell him what to do! I spoke to him just yesterday, and he was telling me how he wakes up in the morning, and can’t even get dressed before he starts to weep with tears pouring into the sink!

 

I was there when he first met you…there was a radical change in him, Father. I have seen it in his life that he loves you, and that he loves those around him. But when he talked to me yesterday, he told me how was hanging out with some people who don’t know you, and didn’t even mention you once! He asked me for help, so I came over and I am with him right now. He isn’t doing good, Father. He says that he doesn’t want to disgust you, but his anxiety is preventing him from living free from the sin that he used to live in! Father, I know that he isn’t the best of men, but it is also true that he really loves you, and I can’t understand how he isn’t able to focus himself on you!

 

You’ve got to help him Father. Until you do, I am going to keep praying for him,

 

Josh

P.S.-As I am sure you already knew, the person I wrote this letter to you about is really me. Help

© 2013 Josh Davis


Author's Note

Josh Davis
Just remembering how I dealt with a rough patch in my walk with Jesus last year

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
how sad.... I hope in writing all your pains in a creative way helps you understand better the situation you are in... i know that he will always listen... no matter what you write or prayed he will always listen... because for me i never forget how he give me strenght through and throught... expressive thoughts...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Josh Davis

11 Years Ago

Amen and Amen. Thank you for reading, and taking the time to write a review. You are very kind.



Reviews

Recall Lot's wife; looking back can often stop you in your tracks.
Unless you're sharing personal testimony to help others, or giving thanks for how infinitely better off you are now, looking back only distracts you from the path you should presently be walking.
Celebrate the undeserved grace and freedom you've been granted; rejoice that the Devil has been thwarted!
May God heal, protect and bless you, Josh.
"Letter for a Friend" is a very fine piece of work.

Posted 10 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
how sad.... I hope in writing all your pains in a creative way helps you understand better the situation you are in... i know that he will always listen... no matter what you write or prayed he will always listen... because for me i never forget how he give me strenght through and throught... expressive thoughts...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Josh Davis

11 Years Ago

Amen and Amen. Thank you for reading, and taking the time to write a review. You are very kind.
Beautiful :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Josh Davis

11 Years Ago

Thank you!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

172 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 20, 2013
Last Updated on March 20, 2013
Tags: God, Sin, Help, Friend, Jesus

Author

Josh Davis
Josh Davis

VA



About
I write to glorify my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. He gave me the talent, and he can take it away, so I cherish every moment serving him through the written word. more..

Writing
Empty Empty

A Poem by Josh Davis



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ 7 Years ~ 7 Years

A Story by