The Pain Of The Past Meets The Future

The Pain Of The Past Meets The Future

A Chapter by Emily Mcpherson

" Papa, papa i'am home." Elena looks around the house. " What happened here?" She heads outside to the barn to start her morning chores. So much has changed since mamma was taken from her. Elena remembers that day so well.

" Mamma, Mamma look what i found!" Elena runs up to her mom. " It's pretty sweetheart. Do you know what kind of flower it is?" Dawn asked Elena. Elena shakes her head no. Dawn smiles at her baby girl. " It is called a lavender and it is my favorite flower." Elena looked up at her mom " oh then it is my favorite to mamma." Dawn smiled as she hugged Elena. That happiness would stay forever in her heart, but that peaceful day was not meant to last forever and it was broken when her father came home. " What the hell are you guys doing out here? Where is my dinner? Ever since you had that damn child you think you can do whatever you want to?" Henry yelled. Elena stood up and went to stand behind her mom hugging her leg. "Henry love we where just on out way inside. We were just picking some flowers for the table." Dawn told him " What the hell do we need flowers for? you cant eat them. instead of a proper dinner you want me to eat flowers is that it?" he said. Dawn looks at Henry. She starts to lead Elena inside, but Henry was not done, as she passes him he grabs Elena by the arm. " This child will not be in your way any longer."  he says and starts to walk off with her. Dawn looks at the fear in Elena's eyes and gets very angry. " What do you think you are doing? That is our child. Let her go." Dawn reaches for Elena, but Henry is to enraged. He grabs Elena by the neck and tossed her to the side.. Dawn try's to run and see if Elena is alright but Henry catches her, and starts hitting and hitting her over and over again. " Papa Papa stop papa please stop." elena yells at her dad, tears starting to fall as she watches her dad beat on her mom. " Go home elena, go inside hurry baby hurry." Dawn yells to her daughter seeing the tears. Dawn trys to get henry to stop. " Henry please stop please dont do this. Not in front of elena." Henry heard her and just got madder. How dare her, she worries not for herself but for that damn child. Dawn knewshe would not get to see her baby girl again. She silently said a prayer " God please watch over and protect my sweet flower. " Dawn feels the pain slowly going away . " I'am sorry elena please forgive me."

Elena walks in to the barn." Lighting how did you get home? Lighting i miss her so much. I miss her loving touch her hugs." Elena feels tears fall. " Elena were have you been damn it? We have to go to court, and Lady Andra wishes you to be there. hurry child." Henry yells at her. The only reason he let her stay is because he needed someone to clean his house and take care of the animals. Elena gets everything ready. The only thing on her mind right now was the stranger that saved her. What hit her head? Where did he go? Elena swears she heard him whisper something in her ear then kiss her forehead. She touches her head. Who was that man with the midnight hair? Great another time at court were she had to pretend to be a proper lady. oh how she hated going to court. But at lest she would get to see connor and his mom again. They were always there when she needed them. After her mom died they stepped in to help her to learn to move on. Except connor who kept putting mud in her bed. She also remembered waking up every morning to see lavender flowers on her window. She would see them as soon as she opened her eyes. They would make her smile and cry at the same time. Elena made sure there were lavenders in the house at all times, even though it made her father mad. She just did not care. She needed something to remember her mom by. Something that made her feel like her mom was still watching over her. Her happiness that he could not take away from her. Elena had nothing to offer so the chances of her ever getting married were very slim even though she was a noble she had no dowry to offer a man. All she ever wanted was to get out of here, away from her father. But in less she married she would belong to him. Elena got the horses hitched up.



© 2017 Emily Mcpherson


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Once again small grammar and capitalization errors here and there. I feel you could've put more in depth look into the character's life and background more. Try putting more inner personal stuff of your characters and feeling in the mind and thoughts. Still very good.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Once again small grammar and capitalization errors here and there. I feel you could've put more in depth look into the character's life and background more. Try putting more inner personal stuff of your characters and feeling in the mind and thoughts. Still very good.

Posted 7 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 29, 2017
Last Updated on March 31, 2017


Author

Emily Mcpherson
Emily Mcpherson

jena, LA



About
just a normal person wanting to share some stories i wrote more..

Writing