A Little Blue Bird Told Me

A Little Blue Bird Told Me

A Story by Katherine Enma Pineapple
"

Ah writing as a child...

"

A girl watched her best friends play rock paper scissors. It was their favorite past time and that’s how her friend Max would buy her lunch since they were little. She would always watch Max win with no hint of doubt as why on that girl’s face. Time to time she took money from a person from another. The first round came and Max battled their class’s brightest, Caroline.


                “I’m pretty sure you won’t beat me this time,” Caroline gave Max a smug look, “I read up on Rock Paper Scissors.”


                Max didn’t reply as they started with the usual Rock Paper Scissors routine. When the time came, Max revealed rock and Caroline frowned revealing her hand trying to show scissors. The girl was surprised and asked Max.


                “How’d you know?” Max didn’t reply as Caroline snorted.


                “She got lucky that’s all,” she explained as she called for a boy none of them have ever seen before, “Karl here has the highest IQ level in our class, why don’t you play against him?”


                Again Max didn’t reply as Karl positioned himself in front of her. They started and the girl watched Max as if her eyes were glued to her. She watched Max’s careful eyes as she revealed the form of a pair of scissors while Karl revealed paper. Caroline and Max frowned.


                “Tricks!” Caroline yelled. Max shook her head.


                “A little blue bird told me that Karl would be playing paper,” Max admitted.


                “Cheater!” Once again Max shook her head.


                “No it is not cheating if my opponent themselves tell me their secrets.”


                “Since when have we told you what we would play?!”


                “You don’t need to tell me I see them,” Max explained and held her palm out, “The money please.”


                Caroline red and furious took all of her coins and threw it at Max’s face. In return Max winced in pain but silently picked the coins, some rusty some shiny, one by one. She finally stood and turned to look at her friend.


                “Can you accompany me?” Max asked. The girl nodded and stood as they both walked out together. They arrived at a little bread shop as Max counted the coins at her palm. “This is about 15 Pesos.”


                Max turned to look at the girl and smiled. The girl was staring hard at the fresh and hot donuts. She sighed and called for the man behind the counter for a donut. A light growl echoed through Max’s ears as she laughed silently to herself.


                “Make that two, sir.” Max called. Max and the man exchanged her coins for the donut and gave Max back her change. She turned to her friend and had her hold out her palms. The girl followed as Max placed the donuts on her palms and gently closed it.


                “But!” The girl started as Max hushed her to keep quiet. The girl finally accepted and they walked.


                “Hey Max.” The girl said as she ate the donut. “How’d you know?”


                “A little blue bird told me.” Max replied.


                “But I haven’t said anything,”


                “Didn’t you listen? You don’t have to,” Max explained as she broke a piece of the girl’s donut, “All you need to do is to listen to what others do.”

© 2012 Katherine Enma Pineapple


Author's Note

Katherine Enma Pineapple
This has been something my younger self wrote. I didn't want to revise it seeing as I wanted to preserve my child like essence of it but I'd definitely like feedback

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
a great story..i enjoyed it my friend.. I really thought there is something about Max...maybe his a mind reader or really just very observant...
wonderful tale...

Posted 11 Years Ago


Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

just really observant :) Thank you for your time :D
read request this if you want reviews...
Good story, Kathe...
LOL

Posted 11 Years Ago


Katherine Enma Pineapple

11 Years Ago

-sigh- how clumsy can I get *facepalm*
Rhianne Ney

11 Years Ago

I guess...

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 20, 2012
Last Updated on August 22, 2012
Tags: friends, knowledge, rock paper scissors

Author

Katherine Enma Pineapple
Katherine Enma Pineapple

Somewhere out there in the rainbow, The Rainbow, Philippines



About
I LOVE GOD Hi guys :) I'm back~ Nyaha~ I'll be busy with college entrance exams and scholarship applications though :< I'll drop by time to time :) more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Smudge Smudge

A Story by Jem Sagcal