Background Check on Keina

Background Check on Keina

A Chapter by Kate Rivet
"

a break from the story to give a you little insight on Keina's past

"
   I guess to fully understand my situation,  I need to start from the beginning. My great grandmother was adopted from China and then married my great grandfather who was White. They gave birth to two half Asian half White kids, my grandparents,  who then married White people. By the time they had kids, all the traces of being Asian had pretty much disappeared. That generation included my father. For whatever reason, my father was and still is extremely racist and thought that he was adopted. Anyway he met my mother  and they had me. When they realized I had squinted eyes they immediately rejected me. All throughout my life they made Asian jokes about me and never cared for me. They even refused to name me seeing me as an object not a person. The state winded up giving me my name.
      It didn't stop there either. The enrolled me in a private school and then made me the laughing stock. My friends turned on me and started bullying me.
      After that, I was able to get into contact with uncle and he had me move out there.


© 2016 Kate Rivet


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on November 20, 2016
Last Updated on November 20, 2016


Author

Kate Rivet
Kate Rivet

Jasper, IN



About
Just a high school student who loves to write more..

Writing
Bad Grades Bad Grades

A Story by Kate Rivet