A Short History

A Short History

A Chapter by kclyaine

She started explaining to him in monotone.

“Long, long time ago, a time where the kingdom of east and kingdom of west didn't exist. There was a proud king, who rules a kingdom of bountiful beauty. The king doesn't discriminate to anyone that he ended up marrying a commoner. The Commoner was neither beauty nor brains, yet she stood proud with the king. 


The King and the Commoner were in love with each other. They didn't care what people think of them. Years later, the queen was able to conceive a baby. It wasn't just one but it was two. 


The twin was raised the same way. They were given love from both parents and the kingdoms people. 


But as years passed, something changes within the other twin. The older twin felt envy to his brother, who is much better at everything. 


He wanted more and more attention to both his parents that he became a drug addict.  His parents, his brother, and the people, want to help him change back to the kind hearted kid. But in the end, they failed. 


2 years later, the King died in a heart attack. Everyone mourned from the death of their beloved king. But they knew pretty well, the next ruler of the kingdom would be a great one, which is the younger twin. 


But alas, the King knew very well of his son’s attitude, if he gave the kingdom to his second son. He would rebel and start a civil war or ended up killing his own brother.

So the king devised a plan, so rare, no other kingdom would be willing to do it. 


He split the Kingdom into two: the kingdom of the east, and the kingdom of the west. 


The people were disdain by the king’s decision, but they all know it was for the good of all people. 


The Kingdoms, and the rulers, grew freely at the will of the King. The Kingdom of the east became more prosperous, with riches and wealth of the earth, as the King of the east rule with care and kindness to people. In the other hand, the Kingdom of the west became corrupted including the people. They became greedy and extort people, and destroy everything in their way. The prosperous land that was given to the King, all became rotten to the core, leaving the people in famine and poverty.  


The King of the east wanted to help the situation. He gave his brother a lot of resources, including doctors to cure the sick. But the older twin refused his help. He ended up sending some troops to destroy the people who were coming to their help and took the resources rather than just accepting them. 


When the King of the east heard of what his brother done, he stopped from trying to help him, knowing full well that a lot of people died and suffer from that incident. 

But he still wanted to help his brother and the people of his father’s kingdom. 

The king asked a summit among the kings of other kingdoms. They devised a plan, that if they attack spontaneously in all sides, he would be pushed to the corner and be forced to give up his kingdom. 


But the thought of suicide was inside the king’s mind. He can’t bear the thought of losing his only brother. In the end, he disbanded the summit, and ended up doing nothing until the very end. 


His own brother killed him during the war. He was able to take the Kingdom of the east, and have both kingdoms by himself.“

 

She looks back at him, leaving him speechless, as he heard the revelation between the two kingdoms. 

 

Still confused. He said to her, “I don’t understand, why are you telling me this?”

 

She looked around, unsure whether it’s the right decision telling a complete stranger. But she was determined to end all this. She took a deep breath again, looked at him determined to tell the truth.

 

“I’m the princess of the Kingdom of east. But right now, I’m no lower than a tape worm. The people of the east, were stripped their rights as a human being.” She stopped momentarily, as tears pools from her eyes. Trying to stop it from falling, she continued, “I don’t care who and what you are. Just Please. Save my people.”

 

Giving up her resistance, she let her tears fall silently unto her cheeks without wailing or sobbing.

 

The guy didn't care what reasons she has to give, he was determined to help her from the very beginning. Knowing the reason why, gave him more reason to help her and the people of the east from injustice. With the stern face, the guy looked to her determined eyes. “I will.”



© 2015 kclyaine


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

2 years later, the King died in a heart attack. = Because of a heart attack would be better

By saying that the other kingdom lies, feels like stating that the East kingdom doesn't lie

The first chunk of paragraph would work better if it was a normal narration (Whether through the God narration or a character's narration). I honestly think that it would put off the readers if they see that big chunk. Below the chunk is good though



Posted 8 Years Ago


kclyaine

8 Years Ago

ok, the lie part. I want to exaggerate a bit, but I don't think the story would take to long. I'll t.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on May 14, 2015
Last Updated on May 23, 2015


Author

kclyaine
kclyaine

BC, Canada



About
Who am I? I'm a person, of course, anyone knows that. I'm just any other person who laughs, cries, and curses when in pain. I breath oxygen, have a blood flowing, and have a brain that functions my bo.. more..

Writing
Roundabout Roundabout

A Story by kclyaine